Is Mega-Tek still a fave for '09...

I have never used either product - and probably won't...but I did hear a commercial on the radio for OCT..... So - I think that it is gaining momentum....:yep:

They have all this stuff where I get my cat's food.....

Megatek until I reach BSL (hopefully by the end of 2009) I'm currently APL stretched wearing braids as a protective style. I'm dreaming of reaching BSL by july 2009 but I can't apply MT to my braids...I tried it before and it was yuck.

I think MT is amazing and I always thank the manufacturers even though they never reply to my emails lol

I agree with the Pro Mega-Tekers. For me Personally: I had a bald spot about the size of a .50 cent piece on the side of my head when I first started applying Megatek the middle of February '09. I mean, hair was gone, clean non-existent.

Now.....you wouldn't know that it was ever there.:grin:

I fell off the MegaTek challenge because I'm just lazy. But I still use it. I use it as an overnight protein treatment the day before I wash my hair. It's all the protein my transitioning hair needs.

I still use MT and OCT and won't stop...I don't talk about it as much anymore because of the posts that were so combative about it...felt like I was wasting my time...but, I digress.

i can't deal with the shedding, but since i bought 2 bottles, i don't want to give up. So i am applying MT to just my edges. Still shedding, but not as much. My edges are filling in sloooowwwly but surely. I am trying to hang in there and not braid until my edges fill in completely, so I am wearing my hair the way i have it in my avi.

DEF! :yep:

MT/OCT for me.....I see nothing but results...not ill effects at all.
If you use it right---it's ALL GOOD :yep:

I use MT and OCT mixed. I don't know about the shedding issue I may have had it and it slowed with garlic pills or I may have just had unhealthy hair and scalp and it was shedding from that. I did just stop my garlic pills this week and haven't noticed any difference yet but will start them again if I feel the shedding becomes execessive.

Hey OP...check out the MT/OCT Challenge thread it will get you all the info you need about it, how to apply it, how ppl mix, etc., etc. Plus they are a very supportive, motivated group of challengers

Is Megatek supposed to help problem areas like these? So is it sort of like Rogaine for us?

DSC00821.jpg

My money has been so tight that I never got to order any. The shipping was just-insane! I want it so badly though. I cut off some of my scraggly relaxed ends to try to get my ends close to each other.

That shipping is my issue. Once I finish with my current supply (probably about two weeks) I am going back to MN that I can buy at the local Family Dollar.

Is Megatek supposed to help problem areas like these? So is it sort of like Rogaine for us?

DSC00821.jpg

Annie:

I've found that something with sulfur works better for me on my thinning sides. Some people swear by Bee Mine. But, I found that I got better growth on my temples using Boundless Tresses than I did when using Bee Mine.

Thanks! I'm about to research them both. Something has got to give. I thought by just doing hair differently and taking better care the lessened stress would improve those areas but i guess not.

ITA about the smell, a big OCT/MT fan here and will continue to use no matter what anyone says!!!!! I'm trying to get over this apl to bsl hump right now.....so if it works, I'll use it..........

Definitely!! MT/OCT user checking in!! :grin: I have been slacking on doing the nightly MT applications to my scalp but I am back on it now!! I will continue to use OCT on my hair forever..... there's no other hair treatment like it!

That shipping is my issue. Once I finish with my current supply (probably about two weeks) I am going back to MN that I can buy at the local Family Dollar.

Some Ladies said they have been able to Purchase Mega-Tek at a Pet Store and/or a Feed Store. You may have a store of this nature in your City that has Mega-Tek already on the Shelf. Before you decide to purchase something else, check around Ok?:yep:

I don't know what happened. Last year there was a 3000+ paged thread dedicated to Mega Tek and now all is quiet... I used it last year and liked it. I stopped cuz I got LAZY. :nono::grin:

Mega Tek is what us cowgirls use! Yeehaw! :bud:
its a protein treatment (?) for horses and stimulates hair growth. Apply it to the scalp and it can speed up your hair's growth. I get an average of 1/2 inch a month and while on it I was getting 1 inch a month? Why did I stop, you might ask. Busy schedule and I was always too tired. If you do a search on the forum just follow the closed MT threads and good luck reading all them pages LOL

Anyway you can buy it here for under $30
http://www.saddleuptack.com/webcat/items/item831.htm
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07c61-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5

GetThumbnail.aspx
The thread is still there. just search 'Megatek'. Once a week, after a shampoo, I leave it in for 10 minutes on my hair and scalp and wash it out. It stopped my hair from shedding.

Back