Is roller setting considered protective styling?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm on a 6 month roller set challenge, but I wonder if it is considered protective styling too. I am trying to continue progressing in caring for my relaxed hair. I am getting better with my wet sets, so I'm asking advice from the experts again.

Leslie_C

I think it depends on the length of your hair...if it is short enough that it doesnt rub your clothes and it is a curly rollerset(not combed out) then technically your ends arent being exposed to air.

DDTexlaxed

Can you tell me then how you can use a roller set to straiten your hair? I'm still learning, sorry.:blush:

Leslie_C

Can you tell me then how you can use a roller set to straiten your hair? I'm still learning, sorry.:blush:

Just use the largest roller that u can still wrap around your hair and not get a very tight curl. Then when u are dry, take out the rollers and wrap your hair. Optionally, u can wrap your head in saran wrap after wrapping it and go back under the dryer for 10 or 15 minutes. When u unwrap u will have silky, shiny, straight hair! It will mostly look like u flat ironed it, but with more body. HTH!

LynnieB

I think it depends on the length of your hair...if it is short enough that it doesnt rub your clothes and it is a curly rollerset(not combed out) then technically your ends arent being exposed to air.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

yes, they can be protective but no comb out (keep the curl) and must stay off the shoulders.

i did a rollerset for Christmas (spiral-type)and i'd definitely consider it protective.

pardon the dirty mirror :perplexed

DDTexlaxed

Thank you, ladies. I guess I will be doing the lo mani thing, then. I still believe that my hair will still be happy, because I won't be messing with it. Thank you Foxie, and LynneB. (LynneB, you're fabulous, as usual...:yep:) I'm still a novice at wrapping. I have a lot to learn, but I'm getting better with my daily r/s regimen.