Is this a protective style?

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I ask because although my hair is flat twisted on the sides, the ends of my hair are still exposed as opposed to tucked in. I like the style but if it is not beneficial then I will not do it again.

KurlyNinja

Its not a protective style. It is a low manipulation style though. for it to be a protective style the ends must actually be tucked away.

Daeuiel

Cosplay Champ
That style looks really nice. I'm sure it will help you retain length because you won't messing with your hair for a while :yep:

Nonie

It isn't really a protective style but a low manipulation style.

If you were to cornrow the tails of your flattwists and tuck the end under then it'd be protective. I'm thinking something like this:

BTW, low manipulation styles are better than having to style your hair daily so don't dismiss them just coz they're not protective style. TBH most of use didn't really worry about protective styles till we got to SL when your hair starts to run on clothes and really suffer trauma if not worn up.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
By technicality (if you are trying to get all technical and stuff) it is not for reasons described in this thread. I have worn styles like yours (and still do) and my hair has grown just fine (haven't had a "trim" since September). More than anything, it is how you treat your hair. You know, are you being too rough on your hair and damaging it in some way? You can do all the protective and low manipulating styling you want to, but if you are ripping and tearing out your hair with a comb and yanking out single strand knots and regular knots with your fingers it really makes no never mind in the end.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Thanks ladies, I guess I will be doing this style again and again and again. the stylist came highly recommended and she had great products and great technique when dealing with my hair. so I am glad that I can go back to her.