January 2017: Hits & Misses

Aggie

HIT HIT HIT:

Alright ladies, please don't kill me but I am here to review yet another wonderful APB DC and it is Hibiscus and Pomegranate Deep Conditioner. Well my hennasooq indigo did not work on my hair yesterday so I got up and used another brand of indigo as my 2 step and it worked wonderfully. So I had to wash out the indigo and as you all know, indigo can also make the hair quite dry.

As soon as I put that Hibiscus & Pomegranate Conditioner on my hair, knot city melted! Again! This conditioner has a wonderful subtle scent of pomegranate :lick: and a hint of pink color with some herbs all through it. It is indeed very moisturizing and I was able to detangle my hair effortlessly.

Okay, Tis all!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hit (but not a repurchase):
Bekura's Java & Honey - I do like it. But $18 for 4oz's is a bit much. Thankfully, I got this jar on a "Swap".

But it reminds me a lot of Jakeala's Coffee Butter *not sure if Jakeala discontinued hers or not* but these two are identical (scent, consistency, performance). And Jakeala is 50% cheaper.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits

Jakeala Moisture punch hair/body cream. Super moisturizing, low sheen as well. sinks in. braids look and feel soft
APB Pineapple Cupuacu Styling Custard, creamy, soft styler , that works with the hair creams. Ends of braids are defined and soft to the touch. Not sure if this would work for my out hair for hold but its nice for my contained hair.

Sort of a hit
Shescentit Heavy Cream, worked together with the Jakeala moisture punch to soften my hair, is a tad bit heavier and didn't sink it but that's expected because it is a heavy cream. Will reserve it for loose hair in the future to see how it performs by itself

JerriBlank

Hit: Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly jojoba oil. Omg, I should have gotten 10 of them. I bought to oil my scalp again. I also added to Aphogee Keratin spray. I have desperately been trying to dupe the old Wella SP keratin oil. This is sooooo nice mixed in, and it smells heavenly! I got the silky, strong hair i was looking for, yassss!! Im obsessed, and I need to slow down. My hair will be super oily if I don't stop. :lol:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Continued Hits:
-NW21/Xcel21 (forever a repurchase) grows my hair and thickens my brows. Win-win.
-HH peaches & honey pomade (limited edition) amazing sealant. So happy I have an unopened tin. A little goes a long way. I've been working on my current tin for almost a year.
-HH vanilla chai happy hair milk leave-in (limited edition) great moisture, amazing smell. Nice and thick, perfect for winter.
Continued Miss:
-HH customer service. No communication, stank attitude, poor business sense...should I keep going? :look:

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Hits/Continued Hits:
•Buying the Netwurks cream and spray.
•Buying the Magic Rake combs (all I need is a rattail comb now)
•Layering the NW21 w/ APB Leave-ins, Butters, and Oils.
•Airdrying after a good deep conditioning session then flatironing

Misses:
•Relaxing the back of my head while tired. It's STILL not straight enough because I didn't leave it on long enough.
•Not buying a bonnet. Head be hot as ever and need to take scarf off for some air
•Just now getting back into the swing of things hair-wise. I could have been grown my hair out in the back.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Current Hits:
Sarenzo's Clay Wash
Curl Junkie's Argan & Olive
Texture Me Naturals Avocado & Amla Leave-In
Lawrence Ray Concepts "Shake & Go"
ED JBCO
Haitian Black Castor

Hit & Miss:
Purabody Chocolate Hair Smoothie(Performance= Hit:love:/Discontinued= Miss:cry3:)

Aggie

NEW HIT:

The Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructing Treatment is absolutely wonderful and really defined and clumped my curls. This will remain in my stash for as long as I can find it. It actually smells mildly like Aphogee 2 Step but not as intense and not as runny. It is like a nice thick gel and slid on my hair so smoothly. I love this one plus it's not expensive and I will be using it every 2-4 weeks.

The Nexxus Emergencee Reconstructing Treatment
in the tiny little tube is also very good. It's a weekly strengthening prepoo treatment that goes on well and also clumps my hair and strengthens amazingly. I had very little hair in the comb this time around.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
HUGE MISS :swearing:
Kurlee Belle Banana Nut and Avocado Deep Treatment - it deceived me; it applied nicely, had really good slip, hair was even soft when I got from under the dryer; and then the horror came - when I rinsed it out, I felt like it raised every cuticle on every strand of hair! My hair was sticking and catching on each other, my arm, the hair clip, the comb...

I was so angry. I tossed that jar into the trash as soon as I was out of the shower. I'm still angry.
And now to begin restoring my hair's balance :nono:

PJaye

HUGE MISS :swearing:
Kurlee Belle Banana Nut and Avocado Deep Treatment - it deceived me; it applied nicely, had really good slip, hair was even soft when I got from under the dryer; and then the horror came - when I rinsed it out, I felt like it raised every cuticle on every strand of hair! My hair was sticking and catching on each other, my arm, the hair clip, the comb...

I was so angry. I tossed that jar into the trash as soon as I was out of the shower. I'm still angry.
And now to begin restoring my hair's balance :nono:

I've been eyeing that DC for at least a year, but something always held me back from purchasing it (probably the shipping cost). Now I know to leave it alone entirely. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I've been eyeing that DC for at least a year, but something always held me back from purchasing it (probably the shipping cost). Now I know to leave it alone entirely. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that.

Thank you

I know everyone's hair is different but no. Most of my product misses (which aren't many) just leave me feeling meh. They either don't do anything or don't do much of what they claim. I have never had a product miss that makes me angry and throws my hair off so bad. This was my first.

Last edited: