January 2017: Hits & Misses

myronnie

Miss: Sealing Wet hair with Garnier sleek and shine silicone serum
Although my hair was initially moisturized, from the third day on it was dry and crunchy. Nothing was getting through that serum.

Hit: Sealing with Hairveda Shikakai oil on wet to damp hair. I love this oil! My hair is still moisturized and detangled 4 days later. It is not as heavy as I thought it would be!

vevster

Mega Mega Hit: :love:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
APB Capuacu and Avocado. This stuff is good and has a consistency I've been looking a while for.

HBCO. It's just so much better that JBCO. It leaves my hair softer and, appearance-wise, hydrated and healthier. I stopped using oil long ago because they all leave my hair hard, but not this one. This paired with my Type 4 is just :drunk:

Continued Hits:
MHC Type 4
QB Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee
SM JBCO Shampoo
Komaza Pona
APB Pumpkin Seed Conditioner

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Miss:
Not using my Komaza Pona last wash day and remembering after I already wet my entire head. I used Redken Cleansing Cream to clarify, but it's not the same. My scalp has been bothering me since Monday (after using the netwurks) and I'm realizing that in order to successfully use netwurks 1x a day (2x just ain't happening) I HAVE to use the Komaza Pona. My scalp will start crying by Thursday when I use Pona on wash day after using the Netwurks Mon-Thur, but if I don't, Monday it starts acting up.

No bueno.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Miss: Hairdressers that get lazy after they've done your hair a few times. I thought I'd found a good one but after she did my hair the 4th time she got lazy and didn't get my hair as straight as before. Looks like I'm on the hunt for a good stylist again.

Aggie

Miss: Redken All Soft Conditioner.

I was hoping for something with great slip and moisture. Slip was okay, moisture was okay. But, it didn't leave my hair silky like the Joico moisture recovery balm.

The All Soft is just a rinse out conditioner and that's its purpose but the Joico Moisture Recovery Balm has way more deep conditioning ingredients and richer properties in it than the All Soft Conditioner. This is like comparing apples with oranges. They are both fruits but not the same and they offer different benefits. I would compare the Joico Recovery Balm with Redken All Soft Heavy Cream - this would be a fairer comparison. Is it the Redken All Soft Heavy Cream you were referring to?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Initial Hit:
ST Knot Glide. Slip galore and applies well. We will see if their aloe formulation is close to Oyin.

Revisited Hit:
Bee Min Bee-U-Ti-Ful Conditioner. Just nice. Detangles well. Marinates well. Rinses well.

Continued Hits:
SM JBCO Poo
MHC Type 4
QB CTDG
HBCO

Miss:
As much as I love my hair, I'm moving from 4 possible uses of a 16oz jar of conditioner to a full 3 uses. Soon, it will be essential for me to find sales.

Last edited:

Sally.

Unsure: Redken Cleansing Cream
I can't tell if this thing really clarified my hair. I guess I feel that way because it didn't feel stripped, but that's a good thing right? I also like that it didn't really tangle my hair up. However, the cons make me uncertain: it comes out in globs, so you have to be careful to not squeeze too much and the price! :eek:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Unsure: Redken Cleansing Cream
I can't tell if this thing really clarified my hair. I guess I feel that way because it didn't feel stripped, but that's a good thing right? I also like that it didn't really tangle my hair up. However, the cons make me uncertain: it comes out in globs, so you have to be careful to not squeeze too much and the price! :eek:

Redken is funny. If you apply and rinse it's perfect. If you apply, let it sit and then rinse, it will feel stripped. Depends on build-up. For the winter, I let it sit; I get a lot of buildup. Other seasons just apply and rinse.

I barely use half a pump depending on the section of hair, but mine has been lumpy. I usually don't care. And it suds up well.

Catch the liter at Ul.ta this month while it's on sale for $14.99.