July 2015: Hits & Misses

CodeRed

Hit: Clay mask followed with an oil rinse and long (accidental) deep conditioning session.

When I did my clay mask before I didn't follow with an oil rinse and I also added stuff to my deep conditioner... My hair was really dry and kind of "tacky" feeling.... This time I made the mixture a little bit thinner, waited until it dried on my head, rinsed, co-washed, oil rinsed, co-washed again, then put undiluted Shea Moisture JBCO Masque on and was too lazy to rinse it out so it stayed in for 24 hours. My hair is very soft and moisturized now. Definitely going to start clay washing once a month now. My hair wasn't any more detangled than it usually is but it feels stronger and I lost less hair than before. It looks like a lot of work but really most of it is done in the shower in a few minutes.

NaturallyATLPCH

Okay, hits for this month:
I plan on using these products up for the month of July
Sarenzo Avocado and Honey Leave In
Kiss My Face everyday conditioner (loooove this, it has Coco Betaine in it so I can definitely use it to cleanse weekly)
Shea Moisture Professional Cowash
Naturalle Grow Thick and Rich DC
Not being phased by these 4th of July sales :yay: (well APB might get me cause I loves me some @Miss Kane )

Last edited:

Miss Kane

Okay, hits for this month
I plan on using these products up for the month of July
Sarenzo Avocado and Honey Leave In
Kiss My Face everyday conditioner (loooove this, it has Coco Betaine in it so I can definitely use it to cleanse weekly)
Shea Moisture Professional Cowash
Naturally Grow Thick and Rich DC
Not being phased by these 4th of July sales :yay: (well APB might get me cause I loves me some @Miss Kane )

Awwww! Thanks Sis!

NappyKinks

Miss Miss Miss Miss and Miss - Qhemet Biologics price hike.:censored:

Aethipoika Hydrate & Twist Butter went from $14.50 to $18 (still 5oz though, smh).

Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm $19

Burdock Root Butter Cream $19

Amla & Olive Heavy Cream $21

Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee $22

Cocoa Tree Detanglimg Ghee $22.

It's now $35 for a 16oz of Detangling Ghee or Amla & Olive:hot:I can't say that I didn't see this coming.:crystalball:
If these are the prices on Qhemet's site, what are the prices going to be on the other retail sites??:darkcloud:

They better bring it this Black Friday, though I doubt they will. We'd be lucky if we get the tired 20% off this year. *sighs*

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

Aethipoika Hydrate & Twist Butter went from $14.50 to $18 (still 5oz though, smh).

It's now $35 for a 16oz of Detangling Ghee or Amla & Olive:hot:I can't say that I didn't see this coming.:crystalball:
If these are the prices on Qhemet's site, what are the prices going to be on the other retail sites??:darkcloud:

They better bring it this Black Friday, though I doubt they will. We'd be lucky if we get the tired 20% off this year. *sighs*

Dang. I better hold onto this twist butter as long as I can.

Hit: Resisting the 4th of July Sales

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Hits:
- Terressentials Left Coast Lemon Pure Earth Hair Wash. This is a bentonite/AVJ/essential oil mud wash. My hair felt better and better, and more curlier w/each use over the long weekend (hair detox). And I was able to detangle while using.
- Acure Organics Moroccan argan oil + argan stem cell conditioner triple moisture repairing. Deep conditioned w/this after my Terressentials mud wash, and it left my hair super moisturized. It never disappoints.

Napturallypretty1908

How was the shipping? On FB she said it was decreased so products should be either the same or $1 more

veesweets

hmph, I didn't even notice the price increase. I was so excited to get free shipping through Sephora I probably would have never taken a second look at the price. Hopefully QB is not excluded when Sephora does their VIB sale later this year, that would be a great time to rack up.

NappyKinks

@Napturallypretty1908; Sorry I don't know much about the shipping, I purchased my products last Black Friday.

I'm running low on Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee and wanted to replenish my stash but not at those prices. Please, $1 my arse, both CTDG and MTCG went up $4. o_O I'll wait 'til November. *fingers, toes and eyes crossed*

lovelycurls

The ones i got from a retail store in VA was
Burdock root - 16.99
amla heavy cream - 16.99
aethiopoika twist butter - 14.99
Had to go back there again to get more after i checked their prices on qhemet site.
The prices on sephora is the same with their website.

lovelycurls

Hits:
Qhemet burdock root butter cream - pricey but it works, didn't need to remoisturize for days.
Qhemet amla and olive heavy cream - used on daughter's very dry coarse dreads, her hair was so soft and hydrated ( will get 2 more bottles before the retail store jack up their prices
Still a major hit - Shea moisture yucca anti breakage mask: still worked well every time

NappyKinks

@veesweets, I've lost my VIB status since I haven't bought anything from Sephora in over a year. I had to quit Sephora in order to kick my bareMinerals habit. I was seriously addicted to that sparklecrack. :oops:

Besides I'm gonna need more than 20% off, especially when Obia, CC's naturals, Hairveda and Soultanicals come hard with 40% off on Black Friday.

An 8oz Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee was $18, with 20% off it was $14.40. Now that it's $22, with 20% off it's $17.60 which is only 0.40¢ less than the original full price. I don't care how good it is, $17.60 after a 20% discount for an 8oz jar is ridonkulous, don't even let me get started on the Aethiopika Twist Butter.

I know that I'm :deadhorse: but Qhemet needs to come correct this BF, I'm talking 30% off at least. The sale will most likely be only a 1 hour flash sale anyway. smh

Last edited: