June 2018 What Did You Buy This Week?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Ladies!:hiya:

New Month.

I managed to take in some Mem-Day Sales and a few May FLASH Sales!:look:

June should be relatively "calm" unless folks are looking to make a few extra Summer Coins!:twocents:

So....What Did YOU Buy this Week?:shopping:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
June is my restock month so I bought:

From Ingredients to Die For:
  1. Curl Defining Gel - 8lb tub. This is a new to me product. I’d sample first but shipping is too high for that, so I’m stepping out on faith with this one.
  2. Organicals Intense Moisture Creme - 7lb tb
  3. Soothing After Shave - 32oz. This is a serum like exfoliating product that has worked well on my scalp.
  4. Marshmallow Moisture Balm - 8lb tub.

From Ulta:
  1. 2x Joico Liquid Reconstructor

From Myhenna.us:
  1. 6 box pack of Jamila Henna

From Sally Beauty:
  1. 2x 30pack conditioning caps
  2. Jane Carter Untangle Me Leave in. I bought this on a whim since they had $3 off coupons.

I should be good for the next year with these purchases.

Last edited:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
APB
x2 Blackberry Vanilla Leave In Conditioner
Keratin Protein Treatment (16 oz)
Green Tea, Milk, and Honey Moisturizing Mask (8 oz)

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Should I get some devacurl one condition or nah ?

What other conditioner do you already own?

It's pricey, IMO. I keep some on hand, though because I can cowash with it, DC with it, and use it as a leave-in moisturizer. It also defines my hair from root to tip (it doesn't have this effect on everyone's hair, though).

I keep it because it's the only one-and-done product I've found so far. Meaning, I can have an old twist out or wng and transform it with just this one product.

Complaints I've read discuss the price and its containing protein.

If you have a nice conditioner already that you really enjoy, and if you don't need a one-and-done product, in my opinion you can skip it since it's pricey.

The argument against this is "What if it's holy grail for you and you never try it?"

Personally, I'd try to get a sample from the store or a curl friend first.

Aggie

This afternoon I bought 8 bottles of Follicle Care Scalp Drops - ie, 3 bottles of Bambu Strengthening Drops, 3 bottles of Baba de Caracol Intensive Moisture (controls/softens gray hairs) and 2 bottles of Castor Argan Drops for fast hair growth.

By the way, I will be getting 4 more of the Castor Argan Drops for hair growth. This stuff is the bomb.com.

I think I will probably be blending these drops together in a synergy to save time and compound the results.