K18 Hair Treatment-Rebuild Keratin Bonds Permanently

LushLox

I used the K-18 leave-in on my second wash and press. I made 8 sections that were more uniform in size and I was able to use 8 pumps(1 pump per section), instead of the 14-16 that I used last time. The emulsifying tip works well.

I also used the K-18 oil after I applied the K-18 leave-in/mask. After 4 minutes of letting the K-18 mask/leave-in activate, I applied two drops of the oil per section before blow drying. I emulsified that too. My hair did not feel as soft as I expected it to feel with other protectants but it wasn't dried out or anything. I can justify the price point with the mask but not with the oil yet. It worked fine but a 1 oz $70 product needs to be better than fine. I can feel a light layer of lubrication on my strands from the oil, but it doesn't weigh my hair down or transfer.

No progressive improvement with the mask/leave-in form the first press to the second.

ETA: I forgot to mention that I also bought the mist. I don't use chemical services but I can use that like I use Olaplex, on a wash day when i still want to shampoo and deep condition after applying the treatment. I haven't used that yet.

Have you used the mist yet? If so how are you finding it.

Lylddlebit

@LushLox
I sprayed some on my ends, after my last wash day because I cut out about a dozen single-strand knots, but I didn't have split ends or other signs of damage when I used it. My hair feels fine but it isn't damaged enough to notice a positive impact. I do think K-18 is a good product to keep on standby for when I straighten back to back or if I notice the last 2-4 inches go from coily to curly due to pressing. The leave-in made my hair feel fantastic after the first wash. I just have to try to use that and the mist with deep conditioner and not back to back to like it. I will be able to evaluate the spray better when I shift to pressing my hair more often. I cannot gauge the results well if I am rocking natural styles and my hair is already healthy. I am deciding if I like it on the last 2-4 inches when my hair is fine every few months.

Sorry, I don't have a better review. The mist seems fine but I just recently tried it once, on my ends only, and my hair wasn't damaged enough to hone in on impact. I just haven't decided if I am going to do a fall trim or wait until the end of the year so I figured an end treatment might be a good idea in case I stretch my trim until the end of the year.

LushLox

@LushLox
I sprayed some on my ends, after my last wash day because I cut out about a dozen single-strand knots, but I didn't have split ends or other signs of damage when I used it. My hair feels fine but it isn't damaged enough to notice a positive impact. I do think K-18 is a good product to keep on standby for when I straighten back to back or if I notice the last 2-4 inches go from coily to curly due to pressing. The leave-in made my hair feel fantastic after the first wash. I just have to try to use that and the mist with deep conditioner and not back to back to like it. I will be able to evaluate the spray better when I shift to pressing my hair more often. I cannot gauge the results well if I am rocking natural styles and my hair is already healthy. I am deciding if I like it on the last 2-4 inches when my hair is fine every few months.

Sorry, I don't have a better review. The mist seems fine but I just recently tried it once, on my ends only, and my hair wasn't damaged enough to hone in on impact. I just haven't decided if I am going to do a fall trim or wait until the end of the year so I figured an end treatment might be a good idea in case I stretch my trim until the end of the year.

Thanks very much :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Completed my 1st K-18 Treatment this past Wash Day. Committed to 6 consecutive Treatments to fully evaluate. Will update once I complete the 6 Treatments.

Thought I'd have a hard time not DC'ing, but it was fine:up:

I also thought I would not/could not get 6 Treatments out of 1.7 oz, but that is fine too, because you don't really need a lot:scratchchin:

faithVA

@faithVA
No. Are You?:brainy:

I'm still doing it as per the instructions. Shampoo and apply K18
I don't deep condition only because I'm lazy. Once I'm out of the shower, I'm not getting back in.

But I do apply my leave-in before I style.

On their site, they state that after you give it the 4 minutes, you can deep condition after that and you shouldn't have any adverse affects So you can do both.

"
K18 Mask is meant to be used without conditioner. Conditioner can coat hair, making it hard for our peptide to penetrate fully. Most find they don’t need an additional conditioner after using K18.

If you need more hydration, you can apply conditioner or a leave-in after the initial 4-minute waiting period is over. If you do not, do NOT rinse K18 mask out prior to application."

LushLox

I don't deep condition only because I'm lazy. Once I'm out of the shower, I'm not getting back in.

But I do apply my leave-in before I style.

On their site, they state that after you give it the 4 minutes, you can deep condition after that and you shouldn't have any adverse affects So you can do both.

"
K18 Mask is meant to be used without conditioner. Conditioner can coat hair, making it hard for our peptide to penetrate fully. Most find they don’t need an additional conditioner after using K18.

If you need more hydration, you can apply conditioner or a leave-in after the initial 4-minute waiting period is over. If you do not, do NOT rinse K18 mask out prior to application."

I use it like this too. Shampoo, K18 then leave in and a little oil. I can't be bothered to apply conditioner then rinse it out.

To me, K18 really does take the place of conditioner so I don't need to take the extra step.

TLC1020

@TLC1020
:goodpost:
Please keep us posted on your results.:brainy:

2nd week I used K18 mask treatment, I shampooed my hair, molded my hair down and sat under hood dryer. When my hair dried I comb my hair and I had way too many broken little pieces of hair falling. I was like WTF, comb again and the same thing happened. I immediately panicked and washed my hair and deep conditioned under the dryer. I blow dried my hair and flat ironed.

K18 is too much for my hair, I will still with Olaplex 3.

Last edited:

faithVA

2nd week I used K18 mask treatment, I shampooed my hair, molded my hair down and sat under hood dryer. When my hair dried I comb my hair and I had way too many broken little pieces of hair falling. I was like WTF, comb again and the same thing happened. I immediately panicked and washed my hair and deep conditioned under the dryer. I blow dried my hair and flat ironed.

K18 is too much for my hair, I will still with Olaplex 3.
I'm not familiar with that usage. Olaplex may be the way. I wouldn't have applied K18 and sat under the dryer. It is just a mild leave-in. If used that way, I would have applied the K-18, waited the 4 minutes and then deep conditioned under the dryer. For the way you are trying to style Olaplex may be a better option.

TLC1020

I'm not familiar with that usage. Olaplex may be the way. I wouldn't have applied K18 and sat under the dryer. It is just a mild leave-in. If used that way, I would have applied the K-18, waited the 4 minutes and then deep conditioned under the dryer. For the way you are trying to style Olaplex may be a better option.
Only step I didn't do was condition.

I basically just washed my hair, rinsed that out, added the K18, let that sit for 4 minutes then after that molded my hair down with Nairobi foam and sat under hood dryer to dry.