Keracare New Natural Textures Hair products

Kurlee

Right now it looks like they're only available online for purchase. I called customer service the other day and the lady told me to look for them at JcPenney salon. I called 3 JcPenneys and they all said they have not heard anything about a new line or new products from keracare :ohwell:
stores need to catch up to the consumers

Solitude

Just posted about this on NC.com. These products carry a lot of ceramides and ayurvedic ingredients. Almost as though they are following the hair boards or interjecting ideas....OK, that's a little off, but i am not surprised at this trend.
Still, I would try these products. I've never used Keracare when I was relaxed.

I don't think that's off. These companies have researches who browse the sites, and even join them.

I absolutely love Keracare - I'm not natural, but I'd like to try these products.

delitefulmane

INGREDIENTS: KERACARE NATURAL TEXTURES:

*CLEANSING CREAM

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Azadirachta Indica (Neem)1, Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1, Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol2, Cetyl Alcohol2, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Glycerin1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil1, Poyquaternium-10, Piroctone Olamine, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate.

* LEAVE IN CONDITIONER

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Cetyl Alcohol2, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Phytosterols, Betaine1, Citric Acid1, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract1, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract1, Propylene Glycol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract1, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract1, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Stalk Extract1, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Dimethyl Stearamine, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

*BUTTER CREAM

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)1, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil1, Theobromo Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter1, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil1, Emulsifying Wax NF, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil1, Glycerin1, Lanolin1, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil1 , Beeswax1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil1, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein2, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil1, Carbomer, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Lilial, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

*HAIR MILK

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil1, Theobromo Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter1, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)1, Cetearyl Alcohol1, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil1, Beeswax1, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil1, Tocopheryl Linoleate, BHT, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Xanthan Gum1, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma, Cetyl Alcohol1, Polysorbate 60, PEG-75 Lanolin, Laureth-9.

*TWIST & DEFINE

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Glycerin1, Acetamide MEA, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil1, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil1, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Phytosterols2, Potassium Sorbate, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

*DEFINING CUSTARD

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Glycerin1, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum1, Pectin1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Citric Acid2, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Betaine1, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

Can someone please DECODE these ingredients for me? I have no clue what I'm looking at! I feel like Im looking at a science test! :nono: Are they good ladies?

empressri

they have this in the bss near my job. ill pop it at some point to get a few things to try. everything was $15 or less.

Cherokee-n-Black

I was so excited to see this. I am a big fan of Avlon/Keracare. Truly made a huge difference in my hair when I was relaxed. I'm now 7 months post, and nowhere near ready to BC. It does sound like a good deal of research was put into the ingredients, but one does wonder what texture it's for. In all these posts about the model, I haven't read what I think: which is that she's relaxed with a rod set. Mimicking a natural look (I used to do it ALL THE TIME in college. Still do when I rock braidouts). Even still, in true PJ fashion, I will try it. I'm surprised there are not more reviews.

EllePixie

I ALWAYS ignore the model in natural hair product advertisements. Many times, they have a rod set, like someone mentioned above, or they have a texturizer (Hair Rules has admitted this, Miss Jessie's also uses models w/ texturizers). That being said, I just wish I could find these products on the ground, because I really want to try them!

Shaley

I’ve tried most of the line and my favorite is the Twist and Define Cream. I have Relaxed hair and this product gives me awesome bantu knot outs, braid outs, twist outs, etc…

I’ve tried this product on wet, damp and dry hair and prefer it on damp hair. For me: Wet = tight curls, Dry = curls that fall within a couple hours, Damp = Soft Elongated Curls

My least favorite in this line is the Butter Cream. It touts itself as a moisturizer, but I don’t find that this moisturizes my hair very well at all. I don’t know if its because of the glycerin or what. My staple moisturizer is the Keracare Crème Hairdress and that is very moisturizing with no glycerin so I’m thinking this may be why the Butter Cream doesn’t work for me. Although, I will say that when I apply it under the Twist and Define cream, it does give me a nice Fluffy set… but I have to add moisturizer on top of it because it tends to look dry.

The Leave in conditioner and Cleansing cream are great products as well. I tend to use those when I plan on air drying my hair.

Overall, I think as a Relaxed head the products work very well and give me noticeable results.

I received compliments EVERY time I use the twist and define. It definitely helps me during my relaxer streches..

winnettag

I’ve tried most of the line and my favorite is the Twist and Define Cream. I have Relaxed hair and this product gives me awesome bantu knot outs, braid outs, twist outs, etc…

I’ve tried this product on wet, damp and dry hair and prefer it on damp hair. For me: Wet = tight curls, Dry = curls that fall within a couple hours, Damp = Soft Elongated Curls

My least favorite in this line is the Butter Cream. It touts itself as a moisturizer, but I don’t find that this moisturizes my hair very well at all. I don’t know if its because of the glycerin or what. My staple moisturizer is the Keracare Crème Hairdress and that is very moisturizing with no glycerin so I’m thinking this may be why the Butter Cream doesn’t work for me. Although, I will say that when I apply it under the Twist and Define cream, it does give me a nice Fluffy set… but I have to add moisturizer on top of it because it tends to look dry.

The Leave in conditioner and Cleansing cream are great products as well. I tend to use those when I plan on air drying my hair.

Overall, I think as a Relaxed head the products work very well and give me noticeable results.

I received compliments EVERY time I use the twist and define. It definitely helps me during my relaxer streches..

I was worried about the glycerin content as well. My hair doesn't seem to like it. Thanks for the review.

Anybody else using these products yet? Reviews anyone? :look:

Crystalicequeen123

Whaaaa??? Wow! :shocked:

So glad to see Kera Care adding natural hair products to their hair care line. :yep: :up:

I may have to check these out after I hear some reviews from others. :look:

ETA: That lady's wig is atrocious! :nono:

naturalmanenyc

I found the KeraCare twist & define cream for $12.99 ($14.14 with tax) at the local BSS. The prices for the line (6 products) range from $11.98 - $17.99 locally in NYC - all 8 ounce containers.

kandake

I'm excited to try these products. I really hope I like them. I'm looking for some staple styling products for my hair.

naturalmanenyc

The twist & define cream works pretty well. I tried it twice. The second time was much better (using a leave-in underneath). I put up 2 videos.

I'm interested in trying the KeraCare Natural Textures leave-in and cleansing cream too.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Amazon.com is selling 3 for 39.99. I'm impatiently waiting for my order to get to me.:ohwell: If I can get the custard to work foe me, I'd be much obliged. KCCC is the best gel, but it is expensive and has no natural oils and ayervedic properties.

Last edited: