Keracare New Natural Textures Hair products

naturalmanenyc

^^^I have KCCC, and have not yet tried it on my hair. I only bought KCCC since I had a Target gift card. I would usually never spend $16.99 on 8 ounces of gel.

I have not tried any other KeraCare Natural Textures products but, like you, the ingredients have me really wanting to try this line.

isawstars

I like the hair milk. My hair drinks it up and i love the way it smells. I also like the defining custard but I have to use the hair milk after it dries or else it feels a lil hard/stiff but it helps a lot with my frizzies when I do a wash n go. the directions say to comb through your hair... horrible idea, at least for me. I detangle my hair in the shower with conditioner, then apply their leave in conditioner (with is okay, nothing special), then use the defining custard. I'm curious how it will work now that it's beginning to get humid. Normally I can't do wash n gos in the summer.

naturalmanenyc

I finally tried KCCC. It took over 15 hours to dry (probably would have been less had I not bunned for bed). It dries a bit crunchy, but I do like the way it defined my curls (with the help of my denman brush).

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/i-finally-tried-kin/

^^^I have KCCC, and have not yet tried it on my hair. I only bought KCCC since I had a Target gift card. I would usually never spend $16.99 on 8 ounces of gel.

I have not tried any other KeraCare Natural Textures products but, like you, the ingredients have me really wanting to try this line.

isawstars

really want to try this, but don't see it anywhere. Are u guys seeing this in the bss?

The salon I go to carries it and so does JC Pennys (but not the entire line). I think their website has a locator where you type in your zip code.

growingbrown

I tried the cleansing cream, leave in conditioner, and twist and define cream. I must say I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! My hair felt so moisturized and my twist out felt so soft and controlled. My hair is has moisture and i retwist tonight. I really didn't need too! Next time I will try to do second day hair without retwisting.

I bought the entire line on eBay.

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I just got my order and everything is so awesome! My hair feels nourished and well moisturized!:yep: I may have just found my staple products!:grin:

Last edited:

chebaby

i STILL cannot find these products. i always see the rgular keracare stuff but never the natural line.

Cherokee-n-Black

Wow. I had a horrible experience with this product. After washing with the shampoo and conditioner my hair was a tangled, dry, frizzy mess.

My hair started frizzing the second I got out of the shower. It felt like straw! I had to go back into the shower and use a different conditioner just to detangle, because it was so roughed up. My braid out was dry and my natural hair (transitioning) was so frizzy I might have well have just worn a WNG with no product.

I will say the butter cream was all right, but not enough to redeem the other products. I really can't believe these products worked so well for you guys, but I'm glad they did! wanna buy mine? I'll sell it to ya' cheep! :D

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I just purchased the butter cream. Will try to post a review after I try it out.

Well, I have been using the butter cream for a few days now. For me, 8 oz is far too much as it will take me forever to use the entire container. But at least you can a lot for the price (on the up side).

The smell is light and faintly coconut-y.
The texture is light and mostly non-greasy. (I say mostly because there is a FAINT hint of grease/oil to the feel).

My hair likes it and seems to absorb it easily. I would caution those who are heavy-handed to use a light touch with this cream though as there seems to be a potential for build up if you use too much.

Would I buy again? Its not my favorite and its not an absolute NO. I most likely would consider purchasing a container to split with someone though just to make sure I use it up within a reasonable amount of time.

Cherokee-n-Black

for some odd reason, my hair is not a fan of sulfate-free shampoos. My hair tangled like crazy and looked all frizzy and fro-y soaking wet! Mizani's line did the same thing though, so it may just be some weird quirk with my hair.

Transformer

The Mizani natural line was absolutely awful. So far, much better luck with the cleansing cream, leave in conditioner. I'm using the curl defining custard and allowing to air dry. I may have used too much...it feels like it could take a while.

Sha76

I Saw these products in Ulta the other day and I put them right back down because they had mineral oil in them.
--
Wait.. That might have been mizani

Transformer

Reporting back on my experience. I really like the products that I tried.

Cleansing Creme--Very creamy...wish it was in a bottle instead of a jar for ease of application.

Leave-In Conditioner--Creamy and Heavy

Defining Custard Also creamy and heavy--may be a little too heavy for my fine hair. Elongated curls instead of my usual fat coils.

I allowed to dry for about 5 hours--it dried just a bit stiff.

I then used the Hair Milk--which I think is my favorite product in the entire line to give it softness. In fact, on my next wash day--i will only use the Cleaansing Creme, Leave-in conditioner and hair milk. No Defining Custard . I also think the Hair Milk works better than the Hair Butter which is more difficult to rub in and absorb in a wash and go.

Last edited:

Cherokee-n-Black

Reporting back on my experience. I really like the products that I tried.

Cleansing Creme--Very creamy...wish it was in a bottle instead of a jar for ease of application.

Leave-In Conditioner--Creamy and Heavy

Defining Custard Also creamy and heavy--may be a little too heavy for my fine hair. Elongated curls instead of my usual fat coils.

I allowed to dry for about 5 hours--it dried just a bit stiff.

I then used the Hair Milk--which I think is my favorite product in the entire line to give it softness. In fact, on my next wash day--i will only use the Cleaansing Creme, Leave-in conditioner and hair milk. No Defining Custard . I also think the Hair Milk works better than the Hair Butter which is more difficult to rub in and absorb in a wash and go.

I think I was missing a few steps in the process (need to go back and see what I actually used). You're making me want to give it a second look, but I'm a little scared after the tangled mess that was my shampooed and conditioned hair. I could try washing in sections and detangling under the shower head...Maybe these won't join my Mizani line...in the garbage!!!

apollo

I have the whole line, at first I didn't like it. It never made my hair feel hard, but it didn't compare to how my hair looks with kinky curly. I gave it another shot and I love it. I guess it takes time for your hair to get used to the product.

Sent from my HTC Evo!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312571056017.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312571056017.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 95

Transformer

Yep, I have to really experiment with different combinations.

Now the Butter Cream and the Defining custard are my favorite two...plus the "shampoo in the jar."