• We will be performing necessary maintenance on the forum and related hardware from Satuday 25th of September onward. Users might experience some downtime, which we will ensure that it is limited - if at all noticeable.

Keratin Treatment Support Thread

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
I got the Prismax hair botox and trying to convince a friend to order the Goldwell for me from CosmoProf if not I'll try the Uncurly.
One thing about the Goldwell though is I don't think it reverts. Mine reverted somewhat but definitely not back to my original texture. Compared to the Avlon Texture Release this is definitely more permanent.

lindseyerinc

One thing about the Goldwell though is I don't think it reverts. Mine reverted somewhat but definitely not back to my original texture. Compared to the Avlon Texture Release this is definitely more permanent.
My friend bought it for me so I’ll be doing the Goldwell over the weekend. How many passes did you end up doing?

Colocha

My friend bought it for me so I’ll be doing the Goldwell over the weekend. How many passes did you end up doing?
I did the higher end of the recommended number of passes in the instructions, I don't remember how many it was. I also did more passes on the roots than the rest of the hair (not exceeding the recommended number of passes).

I hope you enjoy the results!

Colocha

I posted in the Random Thoughts Threat but these are the wash and go results with the keratin treatment that my stylist did:

1612734407348.png1612734542574.png

The curls are uniform all throughout my head. This wash and go took literally an hour to do with 2 products. I will be dropping coin at this woman's door every 4-6 months because I'm not going back to my old life.

lindseyerinc

I’m transitioning back to natural. Unfortunately, my hair never reverted after my Goldwell treatment. I knew this was a possibility and I’m glad I did it myself instead of a salon because I’d hate to think how damaged my hair would’ve been at the suggested heat and pass amount. I have about 4 months of new growth and doing olaplex faithfully.

dancinstallion

I posted in the Random Thoughts Threat but these are the wash and go results with the keratin treatment that my stylist did:

View attachment 469007View attachment 469009

The curls are uniform all throughout my head. This wash and go took literally an hour to do with 2 products. I will be dropping coin at this woman's door every 4-6 months because I'm not going back to my old life.

What two products did you use?

Your hair is cute.

aminata

Quick question, I took the plunge, without research.
I did do this in 2012 or 2013 without much notice.
The salon, place and time was different.
Did anyone wait more than 72 hours to wash hair?
my hair still looks good and it’s almost a week old.
thanks

Colocha

Quick Question!

Does anybody know where I might be able to find a salon in Toronto that does natural hair and keratin treatments? I've seen Amani Hair Studio, Kinks hair Studio and Analysis in Hair. It probably would be a stretch to find someone who uses the same brand I currently use, but it's AlfaParf.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I finally got one professionally done! I’m in love with the results. The fumes and product touching my scalp was rough, but here I am. 1 month later. My texture loosened slightly. I think I’ll get this twice a year. Price was $270 before tip

My Dominican stylist did an amazing job. Blunt cut too. I’ll try to find a pic8D7695F9-6E37-41F0-9872-FE679EEFCADA.jpeg

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I’m 3 months post keratin treatment. My roots are kinda puffy, but the rest of the strand is still frizz free. I’m able to wash/cowash at home as needed now with minimal effort.

I may get another treatment before the holidays. Either November or December. I’ll make sure she only does the roots so that my coils are uniform