Kinky Curly pics

Ediese

Ediese, does brushing the kinky curly hair cause it to frizz up? And does itact all wierd or get all tangled when you wash it? Does it come with any washing/care instructions, etc? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it will frizz if you brush it when wet/dry. If you want the curls to be really defined, I brush it with my denman or comb with a wide tooth comb, leave a little conditioner in my hair, add IC gel, and don't mess with it until it's dry. That will drastically reduce frizz. This hair does has tendency to tangle..very similiar to real kinky hair. You'll have to comb through it with conditioner to get the tangles out. No, it doesn't come with instructions.

Ediese

I'm mad because I really want to try this hair but I only have about 3/4 inch of new growth and lots of relaxed ends.I wouldnt know how to blend so I'll leave it alone for now...

I definitely know what you mean. I had to cut off all my relaxed ends at the top to make it easier to blend.

Ediese

Thanks ladies!! I washed my hair this morning, and detangled with the denman. I added some pics on the 1st page of the different curls that I got.

lilsparkle825

ARGH...i want this so bad, but i dont know if i can justify $200 on hair and i don't even know who i would get to install it. :wallbash:

enough about me...those new pics are great! how long does it take to dry, cause my hair is nowhere near that long unstretched and it still takes HOURS it seems to dry.

Ediese

ARGH...i want this so bad, but i dont know if i can justify $200 on hair and i don't even know who i would get to install it. :wallbash:

enough about me...those new pics are great! how long does it take to dry, cause my hair is nowhere near that long unstretched and it still takes HOURS it seems to dry.

I totally understand where you're coming from. The way I've been able to justify purchasing expensive hair is by saying I can reuse it for at least 3-4 installs. Unfortunately, that's not the case this time. I've cut on this hair too much to be able to reuse it.

Thanks!! It does take a long time to airdry, but you could always go under the dryer to cut down on drying time. Usually when I wash, I just put a tshirt over my hair to cut down on the drippies, and I've been just airdrying. The hair is usually dry at the end of the day..the braids are another story.

RavenMaven

IM JELLYYYY!!
This is so much more motivation to continue on my transitioning journey!! I can't wait to be natural.

Your hair looks marvelous, keep up the great work!

Ediese

Do you think you could swim in this hair or get your hair braided with it?

Yes, you can swim with this hair. If you wanted to braid your hair with this, you'd just have to cut it off the weft. I dont' think she offers this in bulk hair.

Aggie

Yes, it will frizz if you brush it when wet/dry. If you want the curls to be really defined, I brush it with my denman or comb with a wide tooth comb, leave a little conditioner in my hair, add IC gel, and don't mess with it until it's dry. That will drastically reduce frizz. This hair does has tendency to tangle..very similiar to real kinky hair. You'll have to comb through it with conditioner to get the tangles out. No, it doesn't come with instructions.

Thanks honey for such a thorough answer.

NaniDiamond

I have been wearing this texture for about 6yrs now, although I've was using BSS brand since no one sold it in REMY...now that you confirm that it still tangles, (which is what the REMY is supposed to avoid doing), I'll stay with my $30 BSS ones...they usually last about 2mos as long as you tie the hair up at night like any other hair.

It' by Milky Way and it's called "Water Weave Wave"...it comes in solid colors and half n' half colors too.

This reply is NOT meant to rain on Ediese's hair...I am lovin it...I just wanted to post this for those who don't want to pay for the expensive ones...:yep:

this is a pic of the exact hair and trust me, it doesn't look like it does on this model...it looks EXACTLY like Ediese's hair...hopes this helps .

AtlantaJJ

I just love love love that look, I found a lace front from a Chinese vendor who does that texture, I'm going to get it for the summer.

Ediese

I have been wearing this texture for about 6yrs now, although I've was using BSS brand since no one sold it in REMY...now that you confirm that it still tangles, (which is what the REMY is supposed to avoid doing), I'll stay with my $30 BSS ones...they usually last about 2mos as long as you tie the hair up at night like any other hair.

It' by Milky Way and it's called "Water Weave Wave"...it comes in solid colors and half n' half colors too.

This reply is NOT meant to rain on Ediese's hair...I am lovin it...I just wanted to post this for those who don't want to pay for the expensive ones...:yep:

this is a pic of the exact hair and trust me, it doesn't look like it does on this model...it looks EXACTLY like Ediese's hair...hopes this helps .

Thanks for posting this! I'm sure it will help a lot of people that don't want to spend so much.

I ordered a different type of kinky curly for my next install. I'm still waiting to receive it. Of course I'll be sure to share my pics with you guys. I bought 4 oz of the kinky curly from allaboutmyhair.com in 20". I'll have that installed at the top. I also bought two pieces of 20" from realhairexclusives.com in the curly kinki, and I'll have that installed at the bottom for extra length. I'm not installing a lot of hair because I don't want it to be too afroish.

Here they are.
kinky curly from allaboutmyhair (looks like 4a)

curly kinki from realhairexclusive (looks like 3c) I'm going to wear it long like this

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Allright, Edie~ You are about to make me holla! A girl at my job wants me to do this, she keeps telling me to sew-in and get some natural hair...I think I may bite the bullet.

Ediese

Ediese,

Is the only difference between your hair and this one is that it's Indian?,http://lanikshair.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=88

Also I have been researching the Bobraz Brazilian, do you know if it tangles less than the Laniks kinky hair?

They're both process hair. Someone on BHM mentioned that they look the same, but the one from AAMH sheds less.

JungleJen posted this thorough review on BHM.
My official evaluation.

RHO wins cleanliness. AAMH was second. I won't even mention Lanik's. The hair is nasty.

RHO wins length...by a HUGE margin. The company is most generous with length. The hair easily meaured 21 inches gently stretched. Lanik's is second. And I'm still trying to figure out how AAMH rationalizes it's 20 inches.

RHO wins "no greys." I've not found one. AAMH is second. And Lanik's is a distant, distant third.

Easiest to brush. Lanik's is definitely third. It's a toss up between AAMH and RHO.

Color (I'm a bronzed natural brown). Lanik's was the darkest of the bunch. AAMH was the closest match for my hair. RHO was similar, by with a copper wash instead of bronze.

*Shedding. RHO is clearly the winner on this one and I've yet to seal. Lanik's still had some shedding after two rounds of sealant. It's so difficult to brush, that I just got tired. AAMH also shed a bit. Not as much as Lanik's, but again I doubled sealed.

Blend (I'm a straight ahead 4a, tight, tight, kinky coils). Hard to say until I install. But all three are matte (not glossy like my EP custom kinky), so I think they'd all get the job done. RHO has the tightest curl at the bottom of the weft, but toward the top, the hair seems almost wavy. AAMH seems a better match from top to bottom.

My strategy. I'm a length whore. So if I can get away with RHO, I will. If I can't, I'll use AAMH near the leave out and hope RHO and AAMH play nice.

*After wearing the RHO hair, my guess is that it sheds as much as the other brands, particularly if no heat is applied and it's kept in its kinky state. I personally have had minimal shedding because I primarily finger comb. But every time I've put a brush in it, hair comes out. I didn't seal the pieces in my current install, but would consider it for my next.

If you'd like to see some comparison photos let me know. I'll throw them back up for the life of this thread.

There are a lot of complaints about the shedding with the bohyme brazilian. Also wants to mention that no matter how much you pay for kinky hair, it will tangle no matter what because of the tight curls. It 'acts' like realy kinky hair.

Ediese

Allright, Edie~ You are about to make me holla! A girl at my job wants me to do this, she keeps telling me to sew-in and get some natural hair...I think I may bite the bullet.

Girl! Gon' head and make that purchase!:grin: I just went to the post office to pick up my package from allaboutmyhair. The hair is gorgeous! I can't wait to receive the other package. I'm excited!

J Glazin

Your hair looks GORGEOUS!!!! Im currently transitioning and I am also type 4a. What did you do to get your hair like that. I was worried about transitioning but looking at your hair Im not as worried anymore

NaniDiamond

Ediese,

Is the only difference between your hair and this one is that it's Indian?,http://lanikshair.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=88

Also I have been researching the Bobraz Brazilian, do you know if it tangles less than the Laniks kinky hair?

If you don't mind me answering your question, I've used the BroBraz and the curls were a little bit looser than the one by Milky WAy and Ediese' curls...it did tangle and shed a bit but if you seal it, that helps the shedding...I think Ediese is correct in that ALL of the Kinky/Curly hair will tangle since its so curly..

If Bohyme sold it with the tighter curl like AAMH & Milky Way, then I'd go back to them cuz I like their prices and quality.