Law of Attraction/The Secret

PaperClip

:imo::deadhorse: :endworld: :giveup: Can we just agree to disagree. those who believe the LOA/Secret is ungodly(me included) we can believe that and once we speak what we believe to be the truth about it, we have to leave it in God's hands. For those who don't believe that LOA/Secret is ungodly, then it still is in God's hands, no need to explain yourselves to anyone.

:nono:Nope. That's another form of the passive agressive COP-OUT. The Bible says the Kingdom suffereth violence, and the VIOLENT take it by force. In other words, regardless of how seductive, enticing, seemingly harmless that loa appears to be, it is still an OFFENSE against the KINGDOM OF GOD because it is DIRECTLY CONTRARY to the full acknowledgement of the LORDSHIP of Jesus Christ.

And I can still say all of what I said, speaking the TRUTH IN LOVE, without personal attacks or demeaning anyone personally. Those demonic forces that come seductively, to entice, and deceive the brethren have to be called out for what they are.

Now, one way that helps me to process your offer of "agreeing to disagree" is to do what Jesus did:

Matthew 10:14-15: "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city."

"When you knock on a door, be courteous in your greeting. If they welcome you, be gentle in your conversation. If they don't welcome you, quietly withdraw. Don't make a scene. Shrug your shoulders and be on your way. You can be sure that on Judgment Day they'll be mighty sorry—but it's no concern of yours now." (The Message)

Nice & Wavy

Okay. I'm going to say this as tactfully as I can. I don't deny that you obviously have strong beliefs. More power to you.

However, I FULLY RESENT YOU TELLING ME ABOUT ME WHEN YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT ME. You are entitled to your opinion just as I am entitled to mine. When you came into this thread and quoted scripture to everyone when they had an opinion about something, I didn't come in here, quote you and say that YOU and YOUR beliefs were wrong. Why? Because I know that God loves you regardless of what I feel. I am very happy that you follow the word of God to the letter, but when was the last time that you were with me when I went to church? When was the last time that you were with me during the day and prayed? When was the last time you were with me I did read my bible? You weren't. So I fail to understand how you (or anyone else in this thread who feels the same as you), not knowing me one day of the 34 years of my life is such an expert in MY belief of God. I understand that you say that you know of what you speak, but who said that YOUR way was the only way? So essentially, you're saying that if no one believes God and the bible the exact way that you do, then we're all sinners? I'm sorry, but I don't understand that.

The bible is interpreted in many different ways by many different groups. Everyone interprets the bible in their own way. However, because you interpret the bible in one way does not mean that you're any better than someone else and their beliefs. That is the way you're coming across whether you mean to or not. The way it's coming across is you, as an "Christian" person, judging me. Once again,
I thought the whole purpose of being a TRUE CHRISTIAN was NOT judging people
. Yet in still, here you are condemning me and telling me that what I think and believe is wrong and the work of the devil.

I don't need you, someone who has never had any dealings with me what-so-ever coming onto this forum and telling me that I'm using the LOA as a substitution for God. Quite frankly, I resent it and don't appreciate it.

We can "argue" about this until we're both blue in the face. Once again, we can agree to disagree. However, if you're a true Christian, then you need to let me live my life the way that I am. If I said I believe in God, then I believe in God. I NEVER said that I was using the LOA to manifest material things. LOA is positive thinking. That's what I use it for. I don't put any material thing over God because that is a sin. Once again, when you have personal dealings with me and see me do that, then you have all the right to come and attack me.

I'm not going to be coming in to this particular forum anymore. I shouldn't have even come back, but I take personal offense when someone attacks me about ME, MY BELIEFS, and MY INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE. You can respond back to this or not, either way it's fine. I guess I need to ask, did YOU actually read "The Secret" or any of the LOA books? I just want to make sure that people, before they actually condemn somthing have actually read and/or researched it for themselves. I'm going to assume that many people have not read them.

In any case, you can come back in and quote scripture to this post if you want. I'm not going to respond any more to this particular post and I'm not bitter or mad. I'm not going to follow anyone into any other forums and attack them, because that's not my style. I just pray that you be tolerant of others and their interpretation of God, even if you disagree with them.

Good night.

No, the purpose of being a Christian is to live:

1 - A Christ-like manner (growing in the knowledge of Him..the One who is able to save your soul.)

2 - Leading others to Him via God's Word and His Word alone

3 - Loving God with all your might, soul and strength, and your neighbor as you love yourself.

It's time to "fine-tune" your spirit and ask God what He desires of you.

HeChangedMyName

:nono:Nope. That's another form of the passive agressive COP-OUT. The Bible says the Kingdom suffereth violence, and the VIOLENT take it by force. In other words, regardless of how seductive, enticing, seemingly harmless that loa appears to be, it is still an OFFENSE against the KINGDOM OF GOD because it is DIRECTLY CONTRARY to the full acknowledgement of the LORDSHIP of Jesus Christ.

And I can still say all of what I said, speaking the TRUTH IN LOVE, without personal attacks or demeaning anyone personally. Those demonic forces that come seductively, to entice, and deceive the brethren have to be called out for what they are.

Now, one way that helps me to process your offer of "agreeing to disagree" is to do what Jesus did:

Matthew 10:14-15: "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city."

"When you knock on a door, be courteous in your greeting. If they welcome you, be gentle in your conversation. If they don't welcome you, quietly withdraw. Don't make a scene. Shrug your shoulders and be on your way. You can be sure that on Judgment Day they'll be mighty sorry—but it's no concern of yours now." (The Message)

I like that purple part. This is all I'm saying. If a person refuses to accept what a Christian knows to be divine truth, then it is not necessary not possible to force a person into accepting that truth. I agree in taking the kingdom by force, but the kingdom includes believers, we can't take everything by force, that include non-believers. There are some people in this thread(forgive me, I am too lazy to go back and pull quotes) who believe in God and appear to have a relationship with him, now if they believe that LOA/The Secret are ok, then there is nothing we can do except to warn them, it is up to them to seek God's face and his ultimate answer(that is if they even have a question about the place of LOA in the body of Christ). I don't recall Jesus arguing any points back and forth with anyone. He said his peace, and he moved on to the next place, just like your scriptural reference above.

Nice & Wavy

You are so right. I'm sure when Jesus had began His ministry on the earth, there were people telling him to not speak as well on what He knew to be the truth, because He IS THE TRUTH!!!

There are some things you have to talk about:yep:

Nice & Wavy

Thank you sis, for sharing your heart and your experiences. You are truly a blessing on this forum and your heart is for God! The Father has truly annointed you for such a time as this.

Keep standing....and after you have done all to stand...STAND!

For, God has made you a cutting-edge Woman of God and because of that, you will continue to be strong and do great exploits!

Be blessed, always...my sister and friend!

You cannot serve two masters. For you will serve one and hate the other.

The loa is your 'back-up' actually your substitute for God. Don't be fooled, you ARE serving two masters. One is of the world who has chosen to leave God out of their life decisions and also to use God as justification or to shadow the truth regarding their lack of TOTAL and Complete faith in God and God alone.

Look if you wish to follow the loa principles than that is of course your choice, and your right to make that life decision. However, do not put God in it where He is not. The examples of trusting God and only God have been placed before us in His word. The word of God plainly and without error, shows us how His chosen served Him and trusted Him and Him alone.

When David called upon the Lord, God answered. Not loa.

When the three Hebrew children chose not to bow down to the idols of King Nebercanzzer (sp?), it was not the loa that they trusted in, but God who delivered them in the fiery furnace.

Daniel wasn't saved from the Lions den because of the loa, it was God whom He trusted in which stilled the mouths of the lions who would have killed him otherwise.

If you read your Bible, it was the world's system and choice of other gods, that these men chose not to serve. They refused to bow to any other god, no matter what the price. They didn not succomb to the world's belief system.

It was God who opened the wombs of barren women, not the loa.

It was God who raised Jesus from the dead, NOT the loa.

God is not a fool. He knows who believes in HIM totally and those who waiver and are mixed in the world's concepts of unbelief.

If you believe God than Believe God. You have no need of any witchcraft to 'bring forth' the material things which you desire.

Did you know that loa is indeed the root of witchcraft? I know what I'm talking about. You can disagree until Jesus comes. But dear one, it is the practice of witches who focus and meditate and 'bring forth' from the universe the material matters which they desire. Again, I KNOW what I'm talking about.

You have been greatly deceived...greatly. And if you are truly a follower of God and His son the Lord Jesus Christ, you will fall on your face and ask HIM and not the loa for the direction of your life.

Don't think for one minute that the loa is going to deliver you from the paths of destruction. The devil has you and other Christians hood-winked.

You, the biggest deception of the loa is that it has the same principles of the Bible. Here's an eye opener. the loa has taken credit for what the Bible has proclaimed since it's beginning.

If the loa is Bible, then why not use your Bible ... period? What do you need from the loa? You have lost your committment to God alone. You can deny it, but you've gotten a taste of something, the delusions of having what you want without prayer and waiting on God to manifest the answers in HIS time as opposed to YOUR time.

satan knows what he's doing. he's seducing those who would be committed to God with the lusts of the flesh, of the eyes, and of the heart which has been deceived into thinking they can bypass the real responsibilities of a real relationship with God.

You've been deceived and hood winked. If not, then walk away from the world and give your heart to God and trust Him and Him alone. Otherwise one day, you are going to come to the end of yourself and as a balloon deflates, so will your strength, and the only thing you can do is look to God and say, 'have mercy on me' for not allowing you to be Lord of my heart, Lord of my desires, Lord of my life.

Let's be honest, if you truly followed Jesus, there's no room for anything else. God is not mocked; He cannot be revised or dethroned.

loa.... lies of the adversary.

HeChangedMyName

You are so right. I'm sure when Jesus had began His ministry on the earth, there were people telling him to not speak as well on what He knew to be the truth, because He IS THE TRUTH!!!

True, talking about it is one thing, but are we to try to convince anyone?

I don't personally believe in trying to convince anyone. It should be the love of Christ that we exude, along with the knowledge that we share from the Bible that makes non-believers want to know more. Being convinced is a choice, it can't be forced upon anyone.

Nice & Wavy

True, talking about it is one thing, but are we to try to convince anyone?

I don't personally believe in trying to convince anyone. It should be the love of Christ that we exude, along with the knowledge that we share from the Bible that makes non-believers want to know more. Being convinced is a choice, it can't be forced upon anyone.

As a pastor, I understand the fruit of labor. For some, like yourself, it may seem that I'm trying to convince people. I don't have to convince them, the Holy Spirit is the One who brings revelation to a human being about their lives apart from God, not me. However, He uses me to bring His Word in season and out of season.... and because of that, I speak.

There are some things I'm quiet on...and then, there are other things that I'm not.

I'm not going to apologize for it....I never will.

It's not that we don't have the love of Christ....actually WE DO and that's why we do it. If we don't care, then we wouldn't say a word and you will hear many crickets in the CF.

You may not know it, but I can tell you that I receive many, many, many pm's from people who are grateful for me speaking the truth IN LOVE and sharing the way I do. Many I have even spoken to over the phone and have prayed for and led to salvation. These same people have said that they didn't want to say anything within the CF, but felt led to pm me about it...now for me, that's what its all about.

Therefore, if its called "shoving down people's throat" then I say....

OPEN WIDE!

Bless you.

PaperClip

I like that purple part. This is all I'm saying. If a person refuses to accept what a Christian knows to be divine truth, then it is not necessary not possible to force a person into accepting that truth. I agree in taking the kingdom by force, but the kingdom includes believers, we can't take everything by force, that include non-believers. There are some people in this thread(forgive me, I am too lazy to go back and pull quotes) who believe in God and appear to have a relationship with him, now if they believe that LOA/The Secret are ok, then there is nothing we can do except to warn them, it is up to them to seek God's face and his ultimate answer(that is if they even have a question about the place of LOA in the body of Christ). I don't recall Jesus arguing any points back and forth with anyone. He said his peace, and he moved on to the next place, just like your scriptural reference above.

Let's reason together in the word.

Taking by force (imho) means to DEFEND THE KINGDOM against evildoers and SPREAD RIGHTEOUSNESS with a violent (or strong, courageous) nature.

Winning souls for Christ is done violently as well: violent in our love for the Lord Jesus Christ. We exact the strategies that the Lord gives us to win souls VIOLENTLY, COURAGEOUSLY.

I'll step out on a limb here and say that the Lord Jesus Christ did nothing PASSIVELY. He was VIOLENT about all things pertaining to the Kingdom: "reasoning" with the Pharisees, healings and miracles, even conversing with the devil in the wilderness. Violent doesn't mean choking people or cussing them out. Violent means being courageous, vigilant, active.

Jesus talked with/argued/reasoned with the Pharisees and Saduccees often. Now He wasn't cussin' them out. But He was savvy and strategic in His arguments to the point that He SHUT THEM DOWN.... And not only did He shut down their arguments, those same folk had to admit that the Lord's arguments were sound, and right...and they were WRONG.

HeChangedMyName

As a pastor, I understand the fruit of labor. For some, like yourself, it may seem that I'm trying to convince people. I don't have to convince them, the Holy Spirit is the One who brings revelation to a human being about their lives apart from God, not me. However, He uses me to bring His Word in season and out of season.... and because of that, I speak.

There are some things I'm quiet on...and then, there are other things that I'm not.

I'm not going to apologize for it....I never will.

It's not that we don't have the love of Christ....actually WE DO and that's why we do it. If we don't care, then we wouldn't say a word and you will hear many crickets in the CF.

You may not know it, but I can tell you that I receive many, many, many pm's from people who are grateful for me speaking the truth IN LOVE and sharing the way I do. Many I have even spoken to over the phone and have prayed for and led to salvation. These same people have said that they didn't want to say anything within the CF, but felt led to pm me about it...now for me, that's what its all about.

Therefore, if its called "shoving down people's throat" then I say....

OPEN WIDE!

Bless you.

I am not saying that assertively speaking the truth in love is wrong. Quite the opposite, it is righteous. It just seems a waste of time to try to nurture a seed in infertile ground. God can always make a seed grow, but we don't have that same ability. Once the seed is planted, then we have to give it to God in prayer. I do like your approach. I just don't agree with what you may call "shoving down people's throat" I had this happen to me years ago and it actually kept me away from the church for a while, because I felt attacked as opposed to loved. People tried and succeeded for a time to make me feel hopeless and unworthy for the salvation of Jesus. God is the one who took those seeds and brought it to my attention and led me to the truth. I just worry about those who have genuine longing for God's truth being dismayed by the devil keeping us occupied arguing with those who he has in his grasp and who don't want to leave his grasp.--I see it as a great distract.

Let's reason together in the word.

Taking by force (imho) means to DEFEND THE KINGDOM against evildoers and SPREAD RIGHTEOUSNESS with a violent (or strong, courageous) nature.

Winning souls for Christ is done violently as well: violent in our love for the Lord Jesus Christ. We exact the strategies that the Lord gives us to win souls VIOLENTLY, COURAGEOUSLY.

I'll step out on a limb here and say that the Lord Jesus Christ did nothing PASSIVELY. He was VIOLENT about all things pertaining to the Kingdom: "reasoning" with the Pharisees, healings and miracles, even conversing with the devil in the wilderness. Violent doesn't mean choking people or cussing them out. Violent means being courageous, vigilant, active.

Jesus talked with/argued/reasoned with the Pharisees and Saduccees often. Now He wasn't cussin' them out. But He was savvy and strategic in His arguments to the point that He SHUT THEM DOWN.... And not only did He shut down their arguments, those same folk had to admit that the Lord's arguments were sound, and right...and they were WRONG.

I disagree with the bold--but I am open to further explanation. I also see a difference between arguing and reasoning. Reasoning is open minded. arguing isn't. When Jesus was on the mountain with the devil, he didn't argue he shut the devil down. When did the Pharisees and Saduccees admit that they were wrong? They still crucified Jesus.

PaperClip

I am not saying that assertively speaking the truth in love is wrong. Quite the opposite, it is righteous. It just seems a waste of time to try to nurture a seed in infertile ground. God can always make a seed grow, but we don't have that same ability. Once the seed is planted, then we have to give it to God in prayer. I do like your approach. I just don't agree with what you may call "shoving down people's throat" I had this happen to me years ago and it actually kept me away from the church for a while, because I felt attacked as opposed to loved. People tried and succeeded for a time to make me feel hopeless and unworthy for the salvation of Jesus. God is the one who took those seeds and brought it to my attention and led me to the truth. I just worry about those who have genuine longing for God's truth being dismayed by the devil keeping us occupied arguing with those who he has in his grasp and who don't want to leave his grasp.--I see it as a great distract.

I disagree with the bold--but I am open to further explanation. I also see a difference between arguing and reasoning. Reasoning is open minded. arguing isn't. When Jesus was on the mountain with the devil, he didn't argue he shut the devil down. When did the Pharisees and Saduccees admit that they were wrong? They still crucified Jesus.

argue and reason are SYNONYMS. When we hear the word "argue", it can be narrowly defined as being confrontational. That is not the only definition/context in which the word is used.

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/argue
intransitive verb 1 : to give reasons for or against something : reason <argue for a new policy> 2 : to contend or disagree in words : dispute <argue about money> transitive verb 1 : to give evidence of : indicate <the facts argue his innocence> 2 : to consider the pros and cons of : discuss <argue an issue> 3 : to prove or try to prove by giving reasons : maintain <asking for a chance to argue his case> 4 : to persuade by giving reasons : induce <couldn't argue her out of going>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reason
1 a: a statement offered in explanation or justification <gave reasons that were quite satisfactory> b: a rational ground or motive <a good reason to act soon> c: a sufficient ground of explanation or of logical defense; especially : something (as a principle or law) that supports a conclusion or explains a fact <the reasons behind her client's action> d: the thing that makes some fact intelligible : cause <the reason for earthquakes> <the real reason why he wanted me to stay — Graham Greene>2 a (1): the power of comprehending, inferring, or thinking especially in orderly rational ways : intelligence (2): proper exercise of the mind (3): sanity b: the sum of the intellectual powers3archaic : treatment that affords satisfaction

Thesarus entry for "argue":
http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/argue

Entry Word: argue Function: verb Text: 1 to state (something) as a reason in support of or against something under consideration <Luis argued that a bake sale would make a lot less money than a car wash>

Synonyms: assert, contend, maintain, plead, reason

Related Wordsclaim, insist; affirm, aver, avouch, avow; advance, offer, propose, submit; advise, counsel, recommend, suggest, urge; convince, persuade; advocate, champion, espouse, support; explain, justify, rationalize; consider, debate, discuss; counter, disprove, rebut, refute 2 to express different opinions about something often angrily <Francesca didn't argue with her little brother the whole time they were at Walt Disney World>
Synonymsbicker, brawl, dispute, fall out, fight, hassle, quarrel, row, scrap, spat, squabble, wrangle

Related Wordschallenge, dare, defy; clash, contend, contest; cavil, fuss, nitpick, quibble; consider, debate, discuss; kick, object, protest

Phrasesbandy words, fall foul

Near Antonymscoexist, get along; accept, agree, assent, concur, consent 3 to cause (someone) to agree with a belief or course of action by using arguments or earnest requests <argued my parents into letting me go to the movie> — see persuade 4 to talk about (an issue) usually from various points of view and for the purpose of arriving at a decision or opinion <candidates arguing gun control in the televised debate> — see discuss

Reasoning can certainly be done from a closed-minded perspective as well.

PaperClip

So are Christian to reason with close minded individuals?

The Holy Spirit gives Christians the charisma to minister, the wisdom to know how to minister, and the discernment to know when it is time to pause....

One planteth, another watereth, but God gives the increase.

1 Corinthians 1:1-7: And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to infants in Christ. I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men? For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not mere men? What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord gave opportunity to each one. I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth.

From The Message:

1-4But for right now, friends, I'm completely frustrated by your unspiritual dealings with each other and with God. You're acting like infants in relation to Christ, capable of nothing much more than nursing at the breast. Well, then, I'll nurse you since you don't seem capable of anything more. As long as you grab for what makes you feel good or makes you look important, are you really much different than a babe at the breast, content only when everything's going your way? When one of you says, "I'm on Paul's side," and another says, "I'm for Apollos," aren't you being totally infantile?

5-9Who do you think Paul is, anyway? Or Apollos, for that matter? Servants, both of us—servants who waited on you as you gradually learned to entrust your lives to our mutual Master. We each carried out our servant assignment. I planted the seed, Apollos watered the plants, but God made you grow. It's not the one who plants or the one who waters who is at the center of this process but God, who makes things grow. Planting and watering are menial servant jobs at minimum wages. What makes them worth doing is the God we are serving. You happen to be God's field in which we are working.

HeChangedMyName

Makes sense, you approach people at the level they are on, not the level that you wish they were on or that you may be on yourself. Got it!! Just to clear things up. I too don't believe that there is a place for LOA/The Secret in the body of Christ, nor do I feel it is necessary , nor do I feel that it is of God. :grin:

tmichelle

Yeah, I suppose there is a time when you realize that you are throwing pearls to swine or giving what is holy to dogs, Biblically speaking of course.

Aggie

Wow FoxyScholar, I really admire your zeal for God and your strong desire to see His Kingdom come because ultimately that's what our work for His Kingdom is all about - seeing to it that none is lost through prayer and encouragement for all to do that which right and pleasing to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Here is my testamony: I was one of those christians caught up in this LOA mess and even though I felt a slight tugging on my heart by the Lord that this was not right, I continued to listen and read it's contents, getting further and further away from God. Then one day I woke up and I could not feel His presence anymore. This went on for a long time and finally I had to stop and seek the Lord on His silence and I got no answer. Not until I read this thread - then finally BAM!!! it hit me - I had ignored His admonition concerning loa.

As I was reading through these pages, I got an amazing conviction and I sensed God's presence fill my room and touched my heart as I was looking for the secret book and DVD to chuck them - WOW - He was back and I wept bitterly, because I missed His Presence and I missed His Presence a lot. What touched me the most was the swiftness of His response to my actions. I could not believe that I had caused His withdrawal from me, especially when I say that I love Him so much.

I imagined Him in the background waiting all this time for me respect His request to get rid of those DVDs and book. Now I have the peace I had from before I bought the secret (loa) again and now I am happy again. Praise the Lord!

We as christians know and hear His voice when He speaks and sometimes He speaks through some of us. I thank God that I was listening this time. Thanks again FoxyScholar and Shimmie for not being afraid to allow God to use you as instruments to "take His Kingdom by force" even if it was just to take ME ALONE out of the clutches of the enemy. Remember Jesus Himself will leave the 99 safe sheep to go and look for ONE lost sheep.

Heavenly Father I honor and praise You now for the passion You have placed in FoxyScholar, Nice & Wavy and Shimmie today for their unashamed love of Your Kingdom. I ask divine favor over them in everything that they do and cause whatever they do for Your glory to prosper, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

I love it.... you said, 'Nope'.... Excellent word sis...excellent. :up:

Why is it that we are expected to accept any and everything and not speak up? YET the devil and do and say whatever he wants and not be accused of judgment. I'm not turning all four cheeks just to allow satan free entry to put his lies out regarding our faith in Jesus Christ.

Your entire response is beautiful and it's the Truth. :yep:

Thank you. :love2:

PaperClip

Wow FoxyScholar, I really admire your zeal for God and your strong desire to see His Kingdom come because ultimately that's what our work for His Kingdom is all about - seeing to it that none is lost through prayer and encouragement for all to do that which right and pleasing to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Here is my testamony: I was one of those christians caught up in this LOA mess and even though I felt a slight tugging on my heart by the Lord that this was not right, I continued to listen and read it's contents, getting further and further away from God. Then one day I woke up and I could not feel His presence anymore. This went on for a long time and finally I had to stop and seek the Lord on His silence and I got no answer. Not until I read this thread - then finally BAM!!! it hit me - I had ignored His admonition concerning loa.

As I was reading through these pages, I got an amazing conviction and I sensed God's presence fill my room and touched my heart as I was looking for the secret book and DVD to chuck them - WOW - He was back and I wept bitterly, because I missed His Presence and I missed His Presence a lot. What touched me the most was the swiftness of His response to my actions. I could not believe that I had caused His withdrawal from me, especially when I say that I love Him so much.

I imagined Him in the background waiting all this time for me respect His request to get rid of those DVDs and book. Now I have the peace I had from before I bought the secret (loa) again and now I am happy again. Praise the Lord!

We as christians know and hear His voice when He speaks and sometimes He speaks through some of us. I thank God that I was listening this time. Thanks again FoxyScholar and Shimmie for not being afraid to allow God to use you as instruments to "take His Kingdom by force" even if it was just to take ME ALONE out of the clutches of the enemy. Remember Jesus Himself will leave the 99 safe sheep to go and look for ONE lost sheep.

Heavenly Father I honor and praise You now for the passion You have placed in FoxyScholar, Nice & Wavy and Shimmie today for their unashamed love of Your Kingdom. I ask divine favor over them in everything that they do and cause whatever they do for Your glory to prosper, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

Wow, Aggie! What an awesome praise report! To the Lord Jesus Christ be ALL GLORY, HONOR, AND PRAISE!!!!!

And to be mentioned in the same breath as Shimmie and N&W is beyond honorable for me!

Shimmie

Staff member
I apologize for everyone that I have offended in this thread and even those reading. I do...:love2:

But I do not apologize for exposing the devil and his lies. And I never will.

Christians have a higher calling to not only live up to, but a faith that is build upon the Rock, not sinking sand.

Instead of the loa and other new age methods of the world's system, we have the following:

The Blood of Jesus which was shed for us and covers us with a Covenant that cannot be duplicated by counterfeits.

We have free entry to the throne of Grace

We have an Advocate with God the Father

We have a Royal heritage, we are a Royal priesthood in Jesus Christ.

When we have a need, we only have to go to Him and no other to have our needs met and we are never short-changed.

I remember growing up in Christ with the "Mothers" of the Church who took me under their wings and taught me well.

Instead of the loa, we have fasting and prayer and we have torn down many a stronghold that the enemy had upon our loved ones and others in and out of our lives.

We had (and still do) shut-ins; all night prayer sessions; and the miracles and the bonding that brought us closer to Jesus.

We have Bible studies and the word of God flows and embeds itsself deep within our hearts and our spirits.

We have home prayer meetings; we gather together to enjoy fellowship and have prayer that breaks yokes of bondage.

What am I saying? We as Christians have all that we need in Jesus and nothing and no one else.

My heart breaks to see Christians lose the benefits of being a child of God. Nothing that I've shared in this thread was meant to hurt anyone. It's the deception that I am against. I see how satan is trying to sneak the loa into the hearts and minds of Christianity. he has to be exposed, otherwise Jesus will no longer be the one who is worshiped in our Churches, Homes, our hearts.

This is what satan has been after all along. he's still after stealing God's glory and to have himself worshiped instead of God. What better trophy for satan then to have those who profess to be Christians, serving him instead. To him, it's a slap that he wants to rub in God's face, with a mocking retort, "Hey, I have another one of your followers, now following me...."

No one in this thread is being judged. We are simply exposing satan and what he's trying to do. 'Sift us as wheat."

I wish nothing but love and blessings for each and every person here. And I wish everyone "Total Jesus." :heart2: Afterall, He died for us so that we wouldn't have to seek hell for a bisquit.

Shimmie

Staff member

Oh Father God in Heaven, I thank you so much for precious Aggie and her love for you and the beauty of her heart and testimony. :cry:

Father, thank you for giving her "You". Her love for you is filling my heart with so much humility. I thank you for her life, her love, her heart and that you are showing her just how happy you are that she is your joy.

Bless her and keep her Father God. Bless this precious love of yours and with all of my heart, I thank you for bringing her into our lives. In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.
---------

Aggie, I don't know what to say except that God is so loving to us. My testimony is very similar to you. Years ago before I got saved, I used to have books on witchcraft. I started to read them out of being hurt in my life and I wanted to be in control of what I 'wanted' to happen in my life. During the time that I was 'exploring' witchcraft, I had the nerve to actually read the Bible and mis-use scriptures. I was so wrong...so very wrong.

But Aggie, God kept tugging at my heart. He wouldn't let me go. One day, He came into my heart like a warm flood of flowing love and He gave me a new perspective, the Truth about His word. He also prompted me to throw away all of the books I had on witchcraft. At first, my thought was, I still needed them and to keep them 'just in case.' But God would not let me continue with that mindset. When I finally threw them 'ALL' away, that's when my life exploded with the love and pure word of God.

God placed me under several mentors in a good Church and there I learned what real power and real control was all about. That was total surrender to God and God alone. I must say that I was 'strongly' challenged in my growth with Jesus. But it only made me stronger in Him. And there has not been one day or one moment that I have ever been without knowing His presence in my life. There's nothing that God won't do for me.

He promise me that if I abide in Him and if His Word abides in me, that I can just ask what I will and it shall be given unto me. And precious Aggie, He has done so and so much more.

I am so far from perfect. Each day, God has to 'deal' with me about something...yet, He never gives up on me. Never.

God bless you precious Aggie... God bless you.

How I love Jesus.

Shimmie

Staff member
Wow, Aggie! What an awesome praise report! To the Lord Jesus Christ be ALL GLORY, HONOR, AND PRAISE!!!!!

And to be mentioned in the same breath as Shimmie and N&W is beyond honorable for me!
You are such a beautiful blessing to me, "RR" / Foxy Scholar. :kiss:

It is I who is honored to be named among you and Precious Wavy. We are not in this life alone. It's beyond cyber sisterhood. The two of you live in my heart. :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
Now, now shimmie calm down. . . .
:kiss: I agree gn1g.

After reading Aggie's testimony, I'm too humbled to be riled. And I do apologize for firing up, but it is about the subject loa, not you or anyone else. I promise you that, gn. I wasn't coming against you. :giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member

:kiss: True sis, so true.

satan has no problem speaking his pieces of lies. God told the prophet Jeremiah to speak what God told him to speak and be not afraid to do so.

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you sis, for sharing your heart and your experiences. You are truly a blessing on this forum and your heart is for God! The Father has truly annointed you for such a time as this.

Keep standing....and after you have done all to stand...STAND!

For, God has made you a cutting-edge Woman of God and because of that, you will continue to be strong and do great exploits!

Be blessed, always...my sister and friend!
I love you too sister precious :kiss: .

Shimmie

Staff member
Don't run back to lurkville.

I declare, I declare. The word/concept of "judgement" should not even be discussed WITHOUT each and every single poster who uses the term to INCLUDE a definition/their definition of the term "judgement" because CLEARLY: there's no sound agreement on what this term means or when is should be RIGHTFULLY and ACCURATELY applied. I mean that WHOLEHEARTEDLY just like I said it.

Fundamentally, there are some things that any and every Bible-believing, Lord Jesus Christ-professing Christian ought to agree on: and the MAIN thing is that it is the LORD JESUS CHRIST who is LORD OF ALL and that NO OTHER gods should come before Him and NO IDOL WORSHIP! And further, when we see a fellow Christian going down that path, we are to ALERT, INFORM, CALL OUT/SPEAK THE TRUTH IN LOVE, that person back to the LORD... gently...but firmly....

It is a worse offense to see your fellow brother going down the wrong path and not say anything. That person's blood is on YOUR HANDS.

Here's a reference that gets at what I'm doing my best to articulate.... Disclaimer: while this speaks to a person who is in ACTUAL SIN, my point is that there are plenty of other steps that lead to sin (or the iniquity that leads down the path to sin. I am not (necessarily) saying that practicing loa is sinful, but it is DEFINITELY on the path toward sin, e.g., idolatry/spiritual adultery): (my emphasis in RED)

http://www.bible-living.com/Default.asp?c=LIVING

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The "spiritual" are to "restore". Restoration is the process of returning something to a previous state; mending or repairing what has become damaged. Nowadays, any time we speak of confronting or exposing sin, we are barraged with the "don't judge" clichés. The Bible most certainly commands us not to judge in a way that is hypocritical or unloving, but to declare that we are not to judge is both illogical and unBiblical. It is illogical because we "judge" things every day to be right or wrong. Rape, murder, child molestation... we have no problem "judging" those as wrong because it doesn't apply to most of us. However, when we start "judging" lust, covetousness, gossip, laziness or stealing, that starts to step on too many toes, so the cries of "judgmental" start ringing loud and clear.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Judging" is not about what occurs in our private thoughts [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](because every human instinctively and continually judges [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]what they observe moment to moment), [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but more about how we ACT on that judgment. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In reality, the whole argument about judging is insincere and misplaced to start with. The fact is, that EVERY ONE, in the privacy of their own minds and thoughts constantly judges the behavior, decisions and actions of others as "right or wrong" instinctively. We call it "opinions" to make it more palatable to our politically correct and "tolerance-first" culture. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The real argument about "judging" does not actually pertain to the judging that occurs in the privacy of our minds, but whether or not we are willing (or obligated) to act on that judgment. What people are really saying when they say "don't judge" is "don't act on your judgment, just let me do what I want and don't interfere in any way".[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Paul disagrees. And so did Jesus (Matt 7.1-5). Believer to Believer, we are commanded to judge sin, and to act on it. However, we are not to act out of our own sense of righteous indignation, nor for personal reasons. We are to act on our judgment of sin to 1) restore the sinner to holiness, 2) keep the Lord's family pure and free from sin, and 3) to guard and protect the reputation and name of our Savior. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The spiritual Christians are to restore the person caught up in sin; the motive behind judging and confronting the sin is love for the sinner, and the desire to repair and make whole their relationship with God. This restoration is to be done in a "spirit of gentleness"... in other words it is to be done in love, and on God's behalf, not for personal reasons of self-righteousness or control. As the restoration occurs, the spiritual Christian is to be careful how they proceed so that they themselves are not tempted. Tempted with what?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Judging sin, confronting sin and restoring the sinner involves the possible temptation of spiritual pride, and even the possibility of being caught up in the very same sin. For example, if I were confronting and restoring another Brother over some sin he is committing that I personally am not prone to commit, I could be tempted to become spiritually proud, and have a "look at how good I am" attitude. Or, I could be tempted into the very same sin. For example, if I was attempting to restore someone who had been "caught up" in pornography, I would need to be very careful about what I allowed my eyes to see, and ears to hear, lest I be tempted by the very same thing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Taken all together, Paul is commanding us, without apology/explanation/excuse: "If you are discover a fellow Christian who is caught up in sinful behavior, then the spiritually mature Believers should gently confront them with the idea of restoring their relationship with God, and their place in the Body of Christ; but be careful and alert when you do it so that you will not be tempted to sin yourself in some way, whether in attitude or action."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I don't want to get involved" and "I don't want to judge others" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]is not only unBiblical, it has caused us to lose [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]valuable accountability and purity. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Gentle restoration" should be a basic practice among Christians. It's how we look out for each other, and maintain the purity of the Church body. It's a shame we don't practice it more, and that we bow to the pressure of "tolerance" and the cries of "don't judge." No doubt the Church would minister with much more effectiveness, and individually we would not be as engaged in sinful behavior if we had the GOOD peer pressure of mutual accountability. How much deterrence and assistance would it be if we all knew that our fellow Christians would not hesitate to "gently restore us" if they saw us engaging in sinful behavior? But all to often we hear "I don't want to get involved", "it's none of my business", "I don't want to be judgmental", "well I'm not perfect, who am I to say anything?". [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The purpose is the gentle restoration of someone who has fallen into sin. We should NOT be hypocritical about it, but neither should we go to the other extreme and wait until we are "perfect" before practicing this loving confrontation and restoration. Gentle restoration is a blessing that we are robbing ourselves of. This also answers the question 99% of time of how we are to respond when we are personally wronged by other Believers. Our first inclination is to punish, teach a lesson and get even. Our spiritual duty is to "gently restore" placing the care of their soul above our need for personal satisfaction. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Are you a Believer? Then you are commanded to participate as, or with, the "spiritual" Christians in gently restoring a fellow Believer who has been "caught" in sin. Paul said it, not me. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lord God, Help us to learn the benefit of gentle restoration of those caught in sin. Help us to be on of those who are spiritual that can cautiously confront and gently restore. In Jesus' Name, Amen.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contemplation: Have you ever confronted another Believer about sin they were caught up in? Have you ever been confronted? Do you see it as beneficial or "judgmental"? Could you explain to others the concept of "gentle restoration" and why Christian should practice it? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Application: Paul is commanding us, without apology/explanation/excuse: "If you are discover a fellow Christian who is caught up in sinful behavior, then the spiritually mature Believers should gently confront them with the idea of restoring their relationship with God, and their place in the Body of Christ; but be careful and alert when you do it so that you will not be tempted to sin yourself in some way, whether in attitude or action." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]James 1:22 - But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. (NKJV)[/FONT]
I'm humbled...

Thanks Foxy Scholar :love2:

Aggie

Oh Father God in Heaven, I thank you so much for precious Aggie and her love for you and the beauty of her heart and testimony. :cry:

Father, thank you for giving her "You". Her love for you is filling my heart with so much humility. I thank you for her life, her love, her heart and that you are showing her just how happy you are that she is your joy.

Bless her and keep her Father God. Bless this precious love of yours and with all of my heart, I thank you for bringing her into our lives. In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.
---------

Aggie, I don't know what to say except that God is so loving to us. My testimony is very similar to you. Years ago before I got saved, I used to have books on witchcraft. I started to read them out of being hurt in my life and I wanted to be in control of what I 'wanted' to happen in my life. During the time that I was 'exploring' witchcraft, I had the nerve to actually read the Bible and mis-use scriptures. I was so wrong...so very wrong.

But Aggie, God kept tugging at my heart. He wouldn't let me go. One day, He came into my heart like a warm flood of flowing love and He gave me a new perspective, the Truth about His word. He also prompted me to throw away all of the books I had on witchcraft. At first, my thought was, I still needed them and to keep them 'just in case.' But God would not let me continue with that mindset. When I finally threw them 'ALL' away, that's when my life exploded with the love and pure word of God.

God placed me under several mentors in a good Church and there I learned what real power and real control was all about. That was total surrender to God and God alone. I must say that I was 'strongly' challenged in my growth with Jesus. But it only made me stronger in Him. And there has not been one day or one moment that I have ever been without knowing His presence in my life. There's nothing that God won't do for me.

He promise me that if I abide in Him and if His Word abides in me, that I can just ask what I will and it shall be given unto me. And precious Aggie, He has done so and so much more.

I am so far from perfect. Each day, God has to 'deal' with me about something...yet, He never gives up on me. Never.

God bless you precious Aggie... God bless you.

How I love Jesus.

Thank you FoxyScholar and Shimmie, but it was the Lord who inspired me to write on these pages. I didn't want to but He knudged me along and I didn't want to disobey Him any further anyway. I cannot afford to lose His presence again, it is too high a price to pay - life without His presence for me is not easy:nono:. I never want to be without His felt presence again.

"Oh my Jesus, I am far far far from perfect but Oh how I do love You, now and always. Heavenly Father forever be praised."

yodie

Aggie,

What you wrote touched me deeply. I just got chills all over.
Thank you for allowing The Holy Spirit to work through you and for sharing your precious message.

Shimmie, thanks for speaking the word, even when it's not popular to do so.

God is so patient.

Aggie

Aggie,

What you wrote touched me deeply. I just got chills all over.
Thank you for allowing The Holy Spirit to work through you and for sharing your precious message.

Shimmie, thanks for speaking the word, even when it's not popular to do so.

God is so patient.

It was the Lord's doing and it is certainly marvelous in my eyes. Thank you Yodie. I asked the Lord to give me the words and I would write them and I prayed that it would reach someone who allowed their heart to be in tuned with His and......He did.

Last edited:

MrsQueeny

It was the Lord's doing and it is certainly marvelous in my eyes. Thank you Yodie. I asked the Lord to give me the words and I would write them and I prayed that it would reach someone who allowed their heart to be in tuned with His and......He did.

Reading your testimony gave me chills. Thank you. Q