Look at this GUYS Bun tutorial and progress pics..

HoneyDew

Look at this GUY'S Bun tutorial and progress pics..

Bun tutorial - http://gollan.pwaresearch.com/hp/bbbun.html

Progress pics - http://gollan.pwaresearch.com/hp/progress.html#_january2003

It's always interesting seeing guys document their hair growth journeys.

I personally don't like all that long hair on a man. My SO has long hair, but I keep it cut way shorter than this guys. When wet/stretched, his hair is about the length of this guys January 2004 progress pics, but his hair is wavy and not as thick so it looks shorter and he always wears a pony tail. I don't think I could deal with it too much longer than that.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Okay I am not feeling the hair sticks in this bun. My man would not be caught dead with those things on - or even with a bun for that matter. :nono:

WomanlyCharm

Holy moly batman! :lachen:

From the back he looks like a girl...then he turns around and BOOM! There's a big ol' beard...:spinning:

At least he's enjoying his hair growth. But I'm not feeling the bun or the hairsticks.

GoldenBreeze

I actually like long hair on a man. Like that AA guy on the Lincoln Navigator commercial with the long braids or trists. Nice!

The bun and hair sticks are not my preference at all. One long braid, or pony would be more to my liking. Hanging out loose is fine also.

frankie

That was a great tutorial. I don't like the hair sticks either, but his bun in that pic is flawless.

HoneyDew

I must add that I'm hatin on his hair progress, though. LOL!

I know!!!!

Just like with my BF. He can cut 3 inches or more and it will be back in the blink of an eye.

All he does is shampoo, condition, moisturize to reduce frizz and airdry.

But, he has no chemicals and does not use heat like I do. So I guess I can't complain.

HoneyDew

I had to laugh when I read about him "finger combing" and deep conditioning. His hair really is pretty though. :yep:

I know. These statement sound straight from LHCF:

"One of my favorite shampoos (Aussie Moist) was reformulated and I think it is now incompatible with my hair. I will be switching to something '-cone' free in the hope that I can get control of the frizz."

"My resolve to continue my growth is unshakable. The man in the mirror is me."

"I solved my ongoing frizz problem when I stopped deep conditioning with Aussie 3-Minute Miracle. Now I just use regular Aussie Moist Conditioner and that is plenty of conditioning for my hair."

Also, he is overdue for an update!!

MochaSilk

That was fun to read! Thanks! I forwarded it to DH.

His hair is waistlength and he often wears a bun around the house. He wears his on the top of his head, like Siddartha. :look: He's had long hair since I've known him - 12 years now. I know lots of men with long hair, and wearing a bun is common. Hairsticks? That was a first for me. He wears his hair in a braid down the back with a bandana 99% of the time.

Although he has gorgeous hair, he has wide shoulders and people don't mistake him for a woman. He is mistaken for a musician quite a bit, though. It's hilarious seeing women straight up GLARE at him. Once they find out he's a stylist, they're all over him. His bidness is good.

I didn't realize how much I talked about LHCF until they day he said he was going to start co-washing. :lachen: He's been co-washing for 2 months now.

Glitter

I am impressed with his dedication. I do have a quick question - would you say his hair grows fast, slow, or average?

At any rate, I think that's one of the best bun tutorials I've seen.

HoneyDew

That was fun to read! Thanks! I forwarded it to DH.

His hair is waistlength and he often wears a bun around the house. He wears his on the top of his head, like Siddartha. :look: He's had long hair since I've known him - 12 years now. I know lots of men with long hair, and wearing a bun is common. Hairsticks? That was a first for me. He wears his hair in a braid down the back with a bandana 99% of the time.

Although he has gorgeous hair, he has wide shoulders and people don't mistake him for a woman. He is mistaken for a musician quite a bit, though. It's hilarious seeing women straight up GLARE at him. Once they find out he's a stylist, they're all over him. His bidness is good.

I didn't realize how much I talked about LHCF until they day he said he was going to start co-washing. :lachen: He's been co-washing for 2 months now.

My SO does cowashes too. But I never told him about it. He told me that sometimes he uses conditioner to wash his hair. I thought he was lurking, but he has been doing it for a long time.

I don't think I could deal with it being much longer than it is, though. It grows SO FAST. Well, maybe his growth is average and he just retains all of it, unlike me. :ohwell:

HoneyDew

I am impressed with his dedication. I do have a quick question - would you say his hair grows fast, slow, or average?

At any rate, I think that's one of the best bun tutorials I've seen.

I'd say average - but he is retaining it all.