Manifested Glory Ministries uploaded a homosexual exorcism video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

msa

The Bible says that God uses Satan primarily to punish and to chasten people, and to test the faith of his followers.

Well if God created everything, including Satan, and Satan created mental illness, demons, and all other kinds of punishments, then I'd say God had a large hand in that. Seems like God just didn't want to do the dirty work.

Sounds like some Christians I know..."I don't hate you, I just hate the sin...it's not me who wants to take away your rights or persecute you, God told me to".

And another thing, I think homosexuality is more of a stumbling block for Christians than it is for homosexuals. I think God is testing Christians right now....He's going to have a lot to say about some peoples lack of compassion, love, and ability to prioritize.

Mortons

See this is why this topic is best discussed at the Christianity forum. All of this could have been avoided if posted in its proper place.

Yes, it really should be moved if this is the conversation to be had. Unlike Christianity there aren't many places on this board where "alternative lifestyles" can have some peace. Why infiltrate one of the few places where it can be discussed without all of this?

lady_godiva

This is a good article on this discussion. Here is the link for the entire article: http://www.equip.org/articles/can-a-christian-be-demonized-

The teaching that Christians can be demonized turns our attention from God to Satan. It can inspire fear in the believer where he or she should experience confidence in Christ As noted, it often makes believers dependent on those with deliv*erance ministries to protect them from demons. It fosters a spiritualistic superstition that distracts the believer from both proclaiming the gospel and from person*al growth in sanctification.

Perhaps the greatest danger lies in its methodology in determining truth. For, as we saw above, those who teach that a Christian can be inhabited by a demon place their experience above the teaching of Scripture and deny the sufficiency of Scripture in the process. Once the church allows subjective experience to replace the objective test of Scripture on one issue, a precedent will be set for future issues. A theological Pandora’s box will have been opened, leading to an epidemic of superstition and doctri*nal deterioration.

We have seen, however, that Scripture never teaches that a Christian can be inhabited by a demon. Nor does it teach that there is any spiritual problem for which a Christian should undergo an exorcism. Therefore, we can confidently rest in the victory Christ has won over the demonic forces and we can trust God’s resources in our battle against the world, the flesh, and the Devil. May God deliver us from this specious and divisive teaching, and may we use our spiritual resources in Christ and retain the sound teaching of our evangelical heritage.

Last edited:

Qualitee

Yes, it really should be moved if this is the conversation to be had. Unlike Christianity there aren't many places on this board where "alternative lifestyles" can have some peace. Why infiltrate one of the few places where it can be discussed without all of this?

See this is why this topic is best discussed at the Christianity forum. All of this could have been avoided if posted in its proper place.
If this thread being in the ENT forum is bothering you guys sssssooo much why keep on talking about it? Write a mod and ask for it to be moved.Plain and simple.

username12

Well if God created everything, including Satan, and Satan created mental illness, demons, and all other kinds of punishments, then I'd say God had a large hand in that. Seems like God just didn't want to do the dirty work.

Sounds like some Christians I know..."I don't hate you, I just hate the sin...it's not me who wants to take away your rights or persecute you, God told me to".

And another thing, I think homosexuality is more of a stumbling block for Christians than it is for homosexuals. I think God is testing Christians right now....He's going to have a lot to say about some peoples lack of compassion, love, and ability to prioritize.

Satan wasn't Satan when God created him. Satan was an angel over music, who had free will, and decided to go against God. We all have free will, just like Satan did.

I do agree that this thread should be moved to the Christian section just for the mere fact that the daytime folks will act a donkey. Everything is pretty much cool now, but once daybreak comes, this will be a mess.

msa

Where do you think sickness and mental illness comes from? Do you think God created man to suffer that way?Or perhaps Satan wants to destroy God's creation by any means necessary? I encourage everyone to look deeper within the scriptures beyond just a simple elementary understanding. God doesn't make garbage or create defects in people. That's Satan's job.

Well He created Satan soooo....

Your point? If you want to have a discussion with me about this then you need to do a little better and approach me with factual and intellectually sound comments. I don't joke around when it comes to discussions like this. Someone might be reading this thread and our responses can have a positive or negative impact on their view of God so lets be serious ok?

My bad, let me finish my thought.

"God doesn't make garbage or create defects in people. That's Satan's job."

God created Satan. Satan created strife ("garbage", "defects", mental illness, demon possession, etc. etc.).

Well He created Satan sooo.....He created (or had some hand in creating) strife.

msa

Satan wasn't Satan when God created him. Satan was an angel over music, who had free will, and decided to go against God. We all have free will, just like Satan did.

Well God created everything, including free will, Satan, and gay sex. God is quite interesting ain't He?

MuseofTroy

Msa, Christians aren't perfect. At the end of the day we are all flesh and the flesh is corrupted. It's VERY difficult for a human being to separate the person from the sin. For example of some man brutally rapes you, it would be very difficult for you to separate that individual from the sinner. He will be Joe the rapist, not Joe the man who happened to have raped me. According to God's word that is what we are supposed to do. The truth is we all have our struggles in different areas. Personally I don't want to be around people who embrace toxic behavior and make no effort to improve their lives. As I stated earlier, God created man with free will. We can choose to give into the sin or fight against it.

Mortons

arent we talking about homosexuality? Arent we talking about homosexuality being a sin, demons and such?.............

Yes we are. what I am asking is what does my answer now change or provoke in the conversation. Basically, are you going somewhere with this. Sorry I wasn't clear.

msa

Msa, Christians aren't perfect. At the end of the day we are all flesh and the flesh is corrupted. It's VERY difficult for a human being to separate the person from the sin. For example of some man brutally rapes you, it would be very difficult for you to separate that individual from the sinner. He will be Joe the rapist, not Joe the man who happened to have raped me. According to God's word that is what we are supposed to do. The truth is we all have our struggles in different areas. Personally I don't want to be around people who embrace toxic behavior and make no effort to improve their lives. As I stated earlier, God created man with free will. We can choose to give into the sin or fight against it.

Nope Christians aren't perfect. Seems like they conveniently forget that as soon as homosexuality comes up though. Yes, we all have struggles in different areas. But looking at Christianity today, you wouldn't know that. You'd think homosexuality is the foundation for all that is wrong with the world right now, not greed, selfishness, or lack of love.

I mean seriously, it's ENT...liberal alley!:lachen:

If this thread being in the ENT forum is bothering you guys sssssooo much why keep on talking about it? Write a mod and ask for it to be moved.Plain and simple.

I don't think it should be moved, but closed and you can repost this in the Christianity forum. No use of moving it over there because the arguing that went down on the first few pages will detract from the conversation.

I apologize for coming on hard, but the ENT has all different types of people and I certainly did not expect this to turn into something about demons and gays. A healthy debate on Christian beliefs won't happen here among the debauchery of the entertainment world. :lol:

I do agree that this thread should be moved to the Christian section just for the mere fact that the daytime folks will act a donkey. Everything is pretty much cool now, but once daybreak comes, this will be a mess.

:lachen: You already know!

username12

Well God created everything, including free will, Satan, and gay sex. God is quite interesting ain't He?

I'm glad you are asking questions. I always said as a Christian, we must try to understand the faith we are practicing.

Basically, God allowed us to have free will. He gives us the choice to do whatever we please, to choose to follow Him or not.

I really encourage you to find a good, positive Bible based church to further help you in your learning if you haven't already.

Qualitee

Yes we are. what I am asking is what does my answer now change or provoke in the conversation. Basically, are you going somewhere with this. Sorry I wasn't clear.
no it doesnt. Obviously you are a lesbian and I wanted to see if you think its a sin or not. I know alot of gay who think homosexuality is a sin and I know many who think it isnt. I wanted to see you view.

Mortons

Hmmmmm really? I could get naked and count all my appendages, body parts and body HAIRS as I think of the amount of preachers, deacons, grandfathers, elders, profits, worship leaders, and church board members who are forgiven for their sins of doing the church wrong in one or more ways or have had a blind eye turned to their inappropriate actions or had excuses made for them. But let someone be homosexual. They are condemned for life, talked about, told they are going to hell, have church crusades against them, etc. It sends the signal loud and clear that these things are more tolerable than being gay and thats not right in any shape form or fashion. There is no good or acceptable excuse, rhyme or reason as to why things are this way and whats even worse about it is if you speak out against this treatment you get told no one is perfect :perplexed It wasn't a good enough reason when they were bashing gays though :perplexed

MuseofTroy

Nope Christians aren't perfect. Seems like they conveniently forget that as soon as homosexuality comes up though. Yes, we all have struggles in different areas. But looking at Christianity today, you wouldn't know that. You'd think homosexuality is the foundation for all that is wrong with the world right now, not greed, selfishness, or lack of love.

EH folks have issues. Personally I think people in general are messed up. Homosexual are the least of my worries to be completely honest. I have gay friends and they know my views. I still treat them like everyone else. You will never see me marching down the street burning a rainbow flag or claim that gays will go to hell. If you want me to keep it real, my personal pet peeve are women who contniue to have children they can't provide for financially or men who abandon their offspring. Now that's the uber lame in my opinion. Now lets start a thread about that LOL.

Qualitee

Well wasn't that nice of Him. Don't you just hate when your parents set you up for failure?
He didnt set us up for failure. We choose to sin. All because someone puts plate if food in front of you and they tell you not to eat it. If you do you cant blame that person you can only blame yourself.

username12

I mean seriously, it's ENT...liberal alley!:lachen:

I don't think it should be moved, but closed and you can repost this in the Christianity forum. No use of moving it over there because the arguing that went down on the first few pages will detract from the conversation.

I apologize for coming on hard, but the ENT has all different types of people and I certainly did not expect this to turn into something about demons and gays. A healthy debate on Christian beliefs won't happen here among the debauchery of the entertainment world. :lol:

:lachen: You already know!

Yea girl, I learned the hard way how religion threads go. The only reason I'm posting now is because everyone is really cool and we can just talk and disagree without getting nasty. I wish it was like this more on the boards. But y'all won't see me on this thread tomorrow, I already know how LHCF rolls :lachen:

msa

I'm glad you are asking questions. I always said as a Christian, we must try to understand the faith we are practicing.

Basically, God allowed us to have free will. He gives us the choice to do whatever we please, to choose to follow Him or not.

I really encourage you to find a good, positive Bible based church to further help you in your learning if you haven't already.

So nice of God to give us choices. Especially considering the limitations He instilled in us.

Btw, I do have a lovely Bible based church that I've gone to for 10 years now. It's actually from studying the Bible and it's original Greek and Hebrew translations under my pastor that I've come to understand a few things about this modern day Christianity.

MuseofTroy

So nice of God to give us choices. Especially considering the limitations He instilled in us.

Btw, I do have a lovely Bible based church that I've gone to for 10 years now. It's actually from studying the Bible and it's original Greek and Hebrew translations under my pastor that I've come to understand a few things about this modern day Christianity.

Msa out of curiosity are you Christian?

I never felt limited in my ability. Perhaps I'm spoiled who knows. What limitations do you believe that God has given you? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you sound rather resentful towards God/Christianity.

MuseofTroy

Yea girl, I learned the hard way how religion threads go. The only reason I'm posting now is because everyone is really cool and we can just talk and disagree without getting nasty. I wish it was like this more on the boards. But y'all won't see me on this thread tomorrow, I already know how LHCF rolls :lachen:

I'm confused. What is going to happen tomorrow?

msa

He didnt set us up for failure. We choose to sin. All because someone puts plate if food in front of you and they tell you not to eat it. If you do you cant blame that person you can only blame yourself.

LOL. Yes I'd blame myself in that situation, because I'm only dealing with another human.

With God being the creator of everything and all, I assume His reasoning is a bit more sophisticated than "look but don't touch". Then again, maybe it's not. Either way, I'm sure He's getting a lot of laughs out of this whole situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.