Mary Mary's new video-GOD IN ME. Too worldly?

Is this song too WORLDLY?

• It's lifting up God with an upbeat sound. All good to me!

Votes: 49 56.3%
  • No. We aren't to follow this world. Throwing "God" in it doesn't make it right!

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters

blazingthru

:look:Uh i agree somewhat with the post a sin is a sin is a sin, just bc they are on tv or in the music industry doesnt make their sins greater, we just notice them.

But what they don't know is when you go home
And get behind closed doors man you hit the floor
And what they can't see is your on your knees
So the next time you get it just tell em

its the GOD in me
you know this is my take on this. When I see them and I dont' know about christ ( not saying me but others) I would think oh its cool to be a christian you can be sexy, hot and in with the world. I can identify with the tight jeans and make up and jewerly its all cool and all that I can still be me but be a christian and be hyped. I even saw on youtube a guy say oh yeah if they play music like this in the church I will go next week. What!! Doesn't God call Christians to come out of the world to hate all the evil that is apart of the world. Aren't we to be separate. Not comforming to the world. Aren't we suppose to fear God? When I first heard this song on the radio I really had to check my station I thought those kids were in my car again messing with the radio but here it was on a gospel station and then later when I was out in the stores and heard it like I posted before It took me back to my club days. Everytime i hear this song. I see my self at the bar in the club with my drinks.....

pearlygurl

This is where we have to be all the more careful. For every 'seed' produces after its own kind.

There still has to be a 'standard' of decency whether we are Christian or non-Christian. Even in a professional office environment, one would not expose their cleavage as such. They can still reach the masses, but they need to still represent a standard in dress and not look like a hot mess. Be an example to the young ladies who follow them, by not showing excessive flesh; otherwise, what's the point?

As for Isreal Houghton, no matter who was in the video, it was still indecent exposure, clothing wise. Mary Mary has been distastefully dressed even on TV ministries and as Church guests. A few years ago they were guests at the West Angeles Church of God (Pastor Charles Blake). Top too tight skirt didn't fit right. It was horrible. :nono: Straight from the street. They have more than enough money to buy descent clothing for Ministry.

Even Yolanda Adams has begun to 'over-show' and singing about Jesus doesn't cover it. Not one bit. :nono::nono::nono:

The problem is that folks have become de-sensatized and they no longer 'see' what's wrong with wrong. :nono:

All I was saying in my post was that Mary Mary's sound (music/beats) will appeal to certain people. That's normal and there's nothing wrong with that. Nicole C. Mullen has many fans but her music doesn't appeal to me. I like what I like.

As for how Mary Mary dresses I agree with you. :yep: I've seen them on serveral occassions with tight clothes or too much cleavage showing. However in this particular video I did not find what they were wearing inappropriate.

And as for Israel Houghton I was honestly wondering if that was him in the video because I wasn't sure (hats on people tend to throw me off! :lachen:).

BeautifulFlower

For those that are a little lost this is what being said. MaryMary has been known to not dress appropriate for their audition (young Christians or unsaved)

I personally like there outfits but I am a young person. However if I am trying to reach young girls this isnt a effective image to send them. If they want to wear these things on an off day, go right ahead. They arent always terrible but some things are borderline. And unfortunately that is has to be a standard they uphold because they have a following and they've been around a long time.

Video girlish

Cleavage

Off the shoulder, cleavege

If they were regular joes we probably wouldnt care but saying your a Christian and becoming like Christ is to different things. Its a process for everyone and everyone matures at different rates but they've been around for a long time. Its almost like they should know to be fully covered. especially when ministering to young souls.

In comparison, CECE Winans is always covered...showing nothing but a pretty smile and nice hair.

These are all well-endowed women. They have to be careful not the show off the goodies. Unlike the smaller,petite women of the world (like myself :look:), wearing certain clothing wouldnt be offensive because we dont have it like that (oh the double standards of life). So alot of things are being considered when discussing whats appropriate (popularity in the Gospel community, their age, being well-endowed, how long they've been around).

divya

Even though we LIVE in the world, we dont have to be OF the world, BUT be very careful not to get sooo puffed up, and so judgemental that we become useless to the world, went we are so holy that we cannot reach "worldly" people by being judgemental. Jesus sat down with everyone, and never judged.. we must be careful!!!!! He preached the truth and left you with a decision to make. Lets not get so puffed up that we miss out purpose which is to save lives, build the kingdom and be warriors for Christ. :) Everything we do there is a way to go about it. Slandering Mary Mary for the choices that they make is not acceptable either. Pray for em' and move on. :)

I agree with you that we must strive to be humble and not puffed up. However, I think the ladies here are really just concerned. The devil is attacking because as the Bible says, he knows his time is short. We just want the avenues not only to our minds but to the minds of young people protected. We pray that others see God in all of us, including Mary Mary. So this isn't meant to slander, but just show that we care about the message. Not just the message from our mouths but in our dress too. Lastly, yes...we should pray for them. Absolutely. :yep:

inthepink

These are all well-endowed women. They have to be careful not the show off the goodies. Unlike the smaller,petite women of the world (like myself :look:), wearing certain clothing wouldnt be offensive because we dont have it like that (oh the double standards of life). So alot of things are being considered when discussing whats appropriate (popularity in the Gospel community, their age, being well-endowed, how long they've been around).

Thanks pretty - I was a little lost in looking at the video and reading some of the remarks regarding their clothing. I am not a Mary Mary or CeCe fan so I wasn't aware of how they typically dress. NOw seeing the pictures, I can totally understand your point.

I didn't think the second picture of Mary Mary was too bad but I thought about it and I see your point - the off the shoulder, slight view of the bra and glimpse of the breast. Not modest.

To your second point, about being well-endowed. I know what you mean. It bothers me b/c I am small but I have a large bust. So, that same cute snug fitting t-shirt that B-cup Sally can wear, I can't wear. Me wearing it would send a whole different message.

I think CeCe looks so classy. I am in the process of updating my own wardrobe and I will be paying attention to modesty. There won't be any "I think I can get away with this." :nono: If it's not modest, it's going back to the store!

Thank you!!!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Even though we LIVE in the world, we dont have to be OF the world, BUT be very careful not to get sooo puffed up, and so judgemental that we become useless to the world, went we are so holy that we cannot reach "worldly" people by being judgemental. Jesus sat down with everyone, and never judged.. we must be careful!!!!! He preached the truth and left you with a decision to make. Lets not get so puffed up that we miss out purpose which is to save lives, build the kingdom and be warriors for Christ. :) Everything we do there is a way to go about it. Slandering Mary Mary for the choices that they make is not acceptable either. Pray for em' and move on. :)
Yes we must be quite careful. :yep:

Careful about becoming too 'lax' and letting things slide until it gets out of hand.

I have young girls and most of the music in my home is Gospel and Worship music. Mary Mary is one of several in our family's music library. However, in the same manner that my girls are not defined by Hannah Montana, Britney Spears and the like, neither will I allow my girls to follow the dress code of Mary Mary and some other 'Christian Rockers' who do not present themselves appropriately dressed. Not a 'slam' but a fact.

I'm calling a spade a spade. In this video, they have a clip of them wearing a dress that is designed to show cleavage (the shoulders are bare giving the barely there appearance). It's there. No one is going to tell me that it's appropriate for Ministering God's word or the plan of salvation. Let's be real, this is how they choose to dress and then they cover it up with a 'cliche' that no one knows their relationship with God. The Holy Spirit has not directed them to Minister like that.

I don't want to hear the excuses. That's why things are messed up in the Church as it is. No standards, too many lax attitudes. Too many blinders. I'm IN the world, and my witness doesn't take a worldly dress code to get the love of God across, to anyone of any age. I have more repore with younger teens and adults than I can count and they appreciate the difference that I represent. They know that when they around me, to dress appropriately.

The Youth Groups that we minister to know better than to dress in the crop tee shirts, low riders, the boys pants are not hanging gangsta low showing their underwear and so on. Like I said before, I have girls and they can be very impressionable. The boys and girls in my home and in Ministry respect themselves and each other.

I like Mary Mary, but I don't have to compromise a standard of decency. Even secular fashion experts would have a problem with this type of appearance. It's not attractive neither is Ministry.

No one is slamming Mary Mary, nor is anyone judging, just as I am sure that you're not judging neither 'slamming' those who oppose their dress code. I'm simply not applauding their lack of conscience and lack of taste in the way they present themselves as Ministers. They know better.

Bllessings and I truly mean it. No slams against you. :Rose:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
For those that are a little lost this is what being said. MaryMary has been known to not dress appropriate for their audition (young Christians or unsaved)

I personally like there outfits but I am a young person. However if I am trying to reach young girls this isnt a effective image to send them. If they want to wear these things on an off day, go right ahead. They arent always terrible but some things are borderline. And unfortunately that is has to be a standard they uphold because they have a following and they've been around a long time.

Video girlish

Cleavage

If they were regular joes we probably wouldnt care but saying your a Christian and becoming like Christ is to different things. Its a process for everyone and everyone matures at different rates but they've been around for a long time. Its almost like they should know to be fully covered. especially when ministering to young souls.

In comparison, CECE Winans is always covered...showing nothing but a pretty smile and nice hair.

These are all well-endowed women. They have to be careful not the show off the goodies.

Unlike the smaller,petite women of the world (like myself :look:), wearing certain clothing wouldnt be offensive because we dont have it like that (oh the double standards of life). So alot of things are being considered when discussing whats appropriate (popularity in the Gospel community, their age, being well-endowed, how long they've been around).
:thankyou: Larger bosom women, cannot wear certain garments in public. (Did I spell bosom right?) :lol:

I wear a 'minimizer' bra 'often', especially when I go to Church. And I always wear a light jacket or lacy coverlet of some sort over my sweaters or blouses or dresses. I'm busty and I'm short, and my breasts are obvious because most people have to look down when they see me.

Women's breasts are hard for men 'not' to look at. Even gay men stare at them on women. They do.... :yep: I keep mine under wraps. I also wear nipple pads so that they don't protrude if I'm wearing a tee shirt or certain blouses. I'm serious about this. Men notice our anatomy. They're men. :lol:

At home, when I'm alone, I'm free, but when in Ministry, business meetings, and the gym, I don't want to be a distraction. Especially in Ministry. I'm not in Church to be cute or to get attention. I take the word of God literally to 'decrease' so that God may 'increase'.

Men will admit that they can get very distracted when a woman's body is especially showy. Especially men who have been celibate for a while.

Read some the Christian books for men. It's all in there about their struggles. :yep: This is why women dress to get attention, because they know the more they show, the men will look at them.

Shimmie

Staff member

Video girlish

Cleavage

Thank you for sharing these pictures. This was the point I was making all along. CeCe is beautiful, all covered up. Her style is very similar to mine. :yep:

PaperClip

Honestly, I didnt think the video was that bad. Where were they dressed inappropriately where their boobs were showing? Missed that. They could have done without some of the celebs in the video and OMG Kiki needs lap band surgery, but I think they were dressed according to the concept of the video. *shrugs*

To Kiki's credit, she's lost A LOT of weight since that video was made.

Mrs.TheBronx

Yes we must be quite careful. :yep:

Careful about becoming too 'lax' and letting things slide until it gets out of hand.

I have young girls and most of the music in my home is Gospel and Worship music. Mary Mary is one of several in our family's music library. However, in the same manner that my girls are not defined by Hannah Montana, Britney Spears and the like, neither will I allow my girls to follow the dress code of Mary Mary and some other 'Christian Rockers' who do not present themselves appropriately dressed. Not a 'slam' but a fact.

I'm calling a spade a spade. In this video, they have a clip of them wearing a dress that is designed to show cleavage (the shoulders are bare giving the barely there appearance). It's there. No one is going to tell me that it's appropriate for Ministering God's word or the plan of salvation. Let's be real, this is how they choose to dress and then they cover it up with a 'cliche' that no one knows their relationship with God. The Holy Spirit has not directed them to Minister like that.

I don't want to hear the excuses. That's why things are messed up in the Church as it is. No standards, too many lax attitudes. Too many blinders. I'm IN the world, and my witness doesn't take a worldly dress code to get the love of God across, to anyone of any age. I have more repore with younger teens and adults than I can count and they appreciate the difference that I represent. They know that when they around me, to dress appropriately.

The Youth Groups that we minister to know better than to dress in the crop tee shirts, low riders, the boys pants are not hanging gangsta low showing their underwear and so on. Like I said before, I have girls and they can be very impressionable. The boys and girls in my home and in Ministry respect themselves and each other.

I like Mary Mary, but I don't have to compromise a standard of decency. Even secular fashion experts would have a problem with this type of appearance. It's not attractive neither is Ministry.

No one is slamming Mary Mary, nor is anyone judging, just as I am sure that you're not judging neither 'slamming' those who oppose their dress code. I'm simply not applauding their lack of conscience and lack of taste in the way they present themselves as Ministers. They know better.

Bllessings and I truly mean it. No slams against you. :Rose:

I feel u Shimmie, but again, we still have to be careful, thats all I'm saying. I am not making excuses for them, I work very closely with the youth also, I am a mentor, but like i said in the last post, there is a way to do and say everything... but the way some of the comments in this thread IMO sound judgemental, we are to do things in love at all times, im not feeling the love.. lol It's very easy for us to get puffed up regarding one situation that we may not be doing (ex. I'm a liar, u get on me about my lying ways, but u are a cheater. u know what im saying?) but forget the long journey we came from and what we are still doing thats not right, and still working on fixing, but no one see's it cause we are not in the spot light like Mary Mary or any other artist or celebrity. Yes, because they are in the spot light, they may need to look into getting a new stylist but IMO they do make good music that reaches alot of people. Lets pray they look into that. :yep:

-Signed.. nobodys perfect. :)

PaperClip

I agree with you that we must strive to be humble and not puffed up. However, I think the ladies here are really just concerned. The devil is attacking because as the Bible says, he knows his time is short. We just want the avenues not only to our minds but to the minds of young people protected. We pray that others see God in all of us, including Mary Mary. So this isn't meant to slander, but just show that we care about the message. Not just the message from our mouths but in our dress too. Lastly, yes...we should pray for them. Absolutely. :yep:

Young or old is relative, in a sense. In other words, the younger set doesn't have exclusivity to being fresh, cute, lively, fun, etc.

I'm not as bothered by what Mary Mary wear when they are in ENTERTAINING MODE (which is pretty much all the time when I see them on TV, although they might be insulted by my take on their "ministry").

CeCe Winans is not in my age bracket, either and she's always been more conservative, most likely because of her upbringing and personal fashion style, etc.

I would venture to say that when Mary Mary are in a more traditional church setting, they dress in a way that is appropriate for that setting. When they are on the concert stage, they dress in a way that they feel is more appropriate for that.

When Mary Mary appeared on President Obama's Stevie Wonder tribute, they were dressed more conservatively (and they did sing their Stevie song very well).

We REALLY NEED to stop majoring in the minors about this dress thing. I know better than to step into church with my cleveage hanging out and my dress five inches above my knees, not (mainly) because of what the church says, but because of what the HOLY GHOST says...and sometimes we need to step aside and let the Holy Ghost do His perfect work directly with/to that person.

Shimmie

Staff member
I feel u Shimmie, but again, we still have to be careful, thats all I'm saying. I am not making excuses for them, I work very closely with the youth also, I am a mentor, but like i said in the last post, there is a way to do and say everything... but the way some of the comments in this thread IMO sound judgemental, we are to do things in love at all times, im not feeling the love.. lol

It's very easy for us to get puffed up regarding one situation that we may not be doing (ex. I'm a liar, u get on me about my lying ways, but u are a cheater. u know what im saying?) but forget the long journey we came from and what we are still doing thats not right, and still working on fixing, but no one see's it cause we are not in the spot light like Mary Mary or any other artist or celebrity.

Yes, because they are in the spot light, they may need to look into getting a new stylist but IMO they do make good music that reaches alot of people. Lets pray they look into that. :yep:

-Signed.. nobodys perfect. :)
Thanks Bronx and I definitely agree with the 'love', however even God chastises us in love. I like their music too. It good to play at picnics, family parties, and getting my housework done in rapid time. :lol: :yep:

In the same manner that these young girls emulate the dress code of Britney Spears and the like in the world, our Christian girls emulate Mary, Mary in how they dress, thinking that it's okay, and it's not. :nono:

Mary, Mary, quite contrary.... they've been around long enough to know better. They're not stupid and neither are we. They just like dressing that way, if they didn't they wouldn't. It doesn't take a waste of prayer time to get the revelation of this. They know!

In love my mother whipped my butt for getting out of line, and she didn't have to pray first. We were taught how to behave as ladies and how to behave in Church and as Christians.

Major, Minor, in love, out of love, in prayer or not, Mary Mary knows exactly what they are doing and they know better. They're in their flesh.

Anyway...

in love, just For you! :flowers:

And I mean it, Mrs. Bronx. :yep: :love2:

My only regret is that you're not able to hear me in person about this issue. I have more heart than judgement about this. It's goes beyond the video, it's a culmination of issues which have long gone unresolved. Mary, Mary have been lovingly approached about their dress mode by several loving people in Christ, hence their song, the God in Me as their defense.

Shimmie is simply no nonsense. :giveheart:

Mrs.TheBronx

Thanks Bronx and I definitely agree with the 'love', however even God chastises us in love. I like their music too. It good to play at picnics, family parties, and getting my housework done in rapid time. :lol: :yep:

In the same manner that these young girls emulate the dress code of Britney Spears and the like in the world, our Christian girls emulate Mary, Mary in how they dress, thinking that it's okay, and it's not. :nono:

Mary, Mary, quite contrary.... they've been around long enough to know better. They're not stupid and neither are we. They just like dressing that way, if they didn't they wouldn't. It doesn't take a waste of prayer time to get the revelation of this. They know!

In love my mother whipped my butt for getting out of line, and she didn't have to pray first. We were taught how to behave as ladies and how to behave in Church and as Christians.

Major, Minor, in love, out of love, in prayer or not, Mary Mary knows exactly what they are doing and they know better. They're in their flesh.

Anyway...

in love, just For you! :flowers:

And I mean it, Mrs. Bronx. :yep: :love2:

My only regret is that you're not able to hear me in person about this issue. I have more heart than judgement about this. It's goes beyond the video, it's a culmination of issues which have long gone unresolved. Mary, Mary have been lovingly approached about their dress mode by several loving people in Christ, hence their song, the God in Me as their defense.

Shimmie is simply no nonsense. :giveheart:

No prayer time is a waste.

Those are very serious words u using there.. "They are in the flesh".. be careful. :)

Signed... nobody is perfect! :)

saved06

For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God. And if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who refuse to obey the gospel of God? - 1 Peter 4:17

Mrs.TheBronx

For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God. And if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who refuse to obey the gospel of God? - 1 Peter 4:17

I always love to take it back to scripture! :)

Lets leave the judging to God... :)

BeautifulFlower

I think there's a difference between judging and setting a standard. If we dont discuss these things, we wont grow in our faith because no one is being challenged. Judging involves saying they arent a Christian or saying they're going to hell or madness like that. But saying their attire is not becoming of a Christian women isnt a judgment. I am sure they are wonderful ladies and love the Lord very much, however their attire when ministering is questionable.

lilmsjanet

i loveeee thisssssss song whennn i get homeeeeeeeeeee i get on my kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss i think im so fresh i think im so clean:blondboob

Mrs.TheBronx

I think there's a difference between judging and setting a standard. If we dont discuss these things, we wont grow in our faith because no one is being challenged. Judging involves saying they arent a Christian or saying they're going to hell or madness like that. But saying their attire is not becoming of a Christian women isnt a judgment. I am sure they are wonderful ladies and love the Lord very much, however their attire when ministering is questionable.

Thats all i said as well.. but when someone say "They are in their flesh" as a statement and the song was made to defend how they dress.. is that just an opinion or judging? im not sure... :)

Shimmie

Staff member
No prayer time is a waste.

Those are very serious words u using there.. "They are in the flesh".. be careful. :)

Signed... nobody is perfect! :)
Dont' take what I'm saying out of context. If I truly thought that prayer of any kind was a waste, I wouldn't be a Chrisitian with the strength that I have. I know prayer and how to use it.

While you tell me not to judge Mary, Mary, you are yet still, mis- judging me, calling me in the flesh, which I am not. ;). Yet it seems you are defending those who are in the flesh. :rolleyes:

When I say it's a waste, I know exactly what I'm saying here. There are too many excuses being made with that cop out to taking action, which is why the Church is in the mess it's in today. There is way too much of 'anything goes' which is why it's only getting worse.

The attitudes are too lax and the term 'prayer' is often misused. We can pray all we want, but sooner or later action has to take place. In the word of God, folks prayed all the time, but there was also action needed and Paul and the others, did indeed take action.

While we are so busy, hiding and praying and reading scripture all day, the enemy is having a hay day with the Church and all kinds of mess is coming in / out of the Church doors. Why is that? Folks won't speak up! Sure, they're praying, but that's not stopping the ho'ing and the laying and homosexuality and garbage that's being 'accepted'. ... by the Church.

The word says it plain, 'Wake Up'! The Church is so busy pacifying folks and letting any and every occur with the cowardly reaction, "I'll just pray on it". Pray, but put some foot and action into the prayers. Speak up! Stop allowing these Christian entertainers to continue to defile our real purpose. Take a stand and stand up to them.

I'm tired of watching folks in the limelight living like the devil and the first thing out of their mouth is Jesus! And yet Jesus is no where to be found in their lifestyles or presentation. It's ludacrious to sit and pray and then nothing ever changes. That's just plain foolishness. And yet our children in the hood, are still hooded and pregnant and hoe'in, and full of STD's, HIV, Aids running rampant, gays demanding Jesus to take it or leave it.

Foolishness is what it is. You can't pray everything away. Even Jesus took action in the Temple with the thieves. He kicked some judgmental butt and thought nothing of it. For He was not going to allow them to defile the House of God.

Folks come to Church dressed like ho town and 'we' give them excuses that it's all they have to wear. NO........ It's all they are buying to wear because 'Christians' like Mary Mary and such say it's okay to dress that way. :nono: Sad... :nono:

I'm looking at the disgrace of Tia and Timera Mowry (the twins) who raved about Jesus and now one them is on a show sleeping with every Tom, Dick and Harry without remorse and any code of decency.

Yes! We pray, but when does someone speak up and pull her aside and say, this is not what God has called you to do. Make up any excuses you want for them. Pray all you want, but action MUST be taken.

Am I going to allow my child to run out into traffic, and just sit in the house and pray that he will stop and not do anything about it, because it's judgmental. No! I'm going to pull him up and put a stop to it.

There's good judgment and bad judgment. The examples set before require a lot more than prayer. They require being exposed for what it is, so that our little ones don't follow behind their mess.

Christians have become so weak and fearful and it's a shame. A sad shame. It takes backbone to go with prayer. Otherwise the devil will whip you senseless and run all over top of you.

You can pray, but I'm doing both praying and doing something about it to safeguard the minds of my children, young family members and students God has entrusted me with. Wrong is wrong and we are to teach our children the difference. Those who truly represent God do not dress like that.

I wish this post was audio. This is all gently and lovingly and prayerfully spoken.... :Rose:

Blessings.... :yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thats all i said as well.. but when someone say "They are in their flesh" as a statement and the song was made to defend how they dress.. is that just an opinion or judging? im not sure... :)
No, it's actually the truth. Mary Mary have been 'gently' counseled about their appearance. They rebelled. :yep: Not judging. I know of the situation. :yep: The song was their plight to not change, but they will.

saved06

The Word of God is what is judging:lachen: Folks just don't want to even reference or acknowlegde the Bible anymore. :ohwell: The Word is the Word...

1 Timothy 2:9-10
I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

Mrs.TheBronx

I never said u were of the flesh, I said thats what u said about Mary Mary, and asking the question if that was judging or not. but you have already answered that question for me, because you said that I mis-judged you when you thought I said that YOU were of the flesh.

We all just need to try to be more like Jesus! Take self out of the equation and personal feelings you may have. Being that we dont have access to Mary Mary we just need to pray that God will send someone to advise them.

I love ur fire and all, thats great we do need to be on fire for the Lord and His ways, but He called us to do it His way, can we just do it like Jesus did it?

Thanks

Mrs.TheBronx

The Word of God is what is judging:lachen: Folks just don't want to even reference or acknowlegde the Bible anymore. :ohwell: The Word is the Word...

I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

U are very right saved 06. im still talkin about judging.. lol i am not defending anyone or anything. simply saying we shouldn't judge thats all. :)

Shimmie

Staff member
I never said u were of the flesh, I said thats what u said about Mary Mary, and asking the question if that was judging or not. but you have already answered that question for me, because you said that I mis-judged you when you thought I said that YOU were of the flesh.

We all just need to try to be more like Jesus! Take self out of the equation and personal feelings you may have. Being that we dont have access to Mary Mary we just need to pray that God will send someone to advise them.

I love ur fire and all, thats great we do need to be on fire for the Lord and His ways, but He called us to do it His way, can we just do it like Jesus did it?

Thanks
I understand your gentleness..... :yep:

So when you see my 'fire' it's not aimed at you. I promise. :yep:

I'm just standing my ground against satan. Jesus did that too. He told the woman caught in adultery, 'Go and sin no more.' (and wear decent clothes :lachen:)

:bighug:

HeChangedMyName

hmmm. I think the point is to show that Christians are people too. And that we can have fun and live in the World yet not be of the World. I like that it has celebs in it who you may not have known their religious beliefs before.

PaperClip

And exactly who is "us"? Some of we are claiming to be "us" ain't claiming that label or that label is being put on them unjustifiably.

PaperClip

Who decides what's modest?

Who decides what's decent?

More importantly, who decides what's expensive?

PaperClip

hmmm. I think the point is to show that Christians are people too. And that we can have fun and live in the World yet not be of the World. I like that it has celebs in it who you may not have known their religious beliefs before.

And a video is a weak indication of somebody's religious beliefs. In fact, it's an empty indication.

Consider: Pastor Creflo Dollar is in the "Welcome to Atlanta" video w/Ludacris and Jermaine Dupri (go to 1:12). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpKZ1aWB_OE

Does the one image of him standing in front of his church ediface in the midst of profanities, barely-clothed (exploited) women confirm or display or indicate his religious beliefs?

Last edited:

Yeah. That's the point. We're people too. And when you see us with blessings/favor, it's coming from the Lord.

Precious_1

I like the song...I dont like the video, After listening to the words of the song, I kinda pictured this successful woman in business attire, driving her nice ride, living in a nice home with a good job, while people who were in the world were hating, talking about her and standing around trying to figure out how she got it all together. But what they didn't know was that when she got home, she was on her knees praying. She was giving her money to the things of god, etc. The video was nothing like I imagined it would be.