~**MAY 2012 Hits & Misses**~

Dposh167

MAY I.....
:look:

...buy some mo' products to feed my PJ'ism.

yes, yes you can! and talk about them in this
thread! You know the deal...let's get it on.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
HITS
Adding agave nectar to dc's and cowashes
Qhemet Biologics Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm (revisted)
Curl Junkie's Beauticurls

sbfairy

HITS
Wood comb purchased from the Body Shop
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioning

MISS
Coconut Relaxant bought off Etsy

MizzBrown

HIT:
-Yes To Carrots Condish....its amazing how much slip you get with this to not have any cones in it. I REALLY like this.

-Giovanni Chic 2 Brazilian Keratin & Argan Condish....Like butter putting it in hair and rinsing out. It is sooo creamy.

-Eco Styler Gel...Its nice how this gives enough hold, but you can still touch your hair & its not hard/stiff or tacky.

-Hicks Transformation Edges....This stuff is magical. It can get your edges perm straight. You just need one application & it will last a couple days too. Just brush your edges again.

-LUSH Curly Wurly Conditioning Shampoo..Hair feels clean, not stripped. I like that it suds. I like the coconut in it.

MISS:
-V05 Conditioners...even for co-washes, its a waste. Too watery. Doesn't penetrate.

-L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Condish...doesn't penetrate hair, feels too waxy and feels like it has too many chemicals in it even though its sulfate free. Not moisturizing.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Hits

Ren Cleansing Conditioner!! :lovedrool:

Miss

Lisa Rachel Conditioner & Cleanser for Curly Hair. Stinks like dirty old man cologne, and made my scalp itch. Had to send it on its way after 1 use.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Big arse miss

Keracare twist and define cream. Man this ish right here. :nono: It was sticky sticky(had to keep taking breaks while twisting to wash my hands :ohwell:), had my twists feeling dry whole week, and the twistout was meh. 1 use and it's out the door.

chelseatiara

Hits: sleeping in plaits and a silk bonnet
Possible miss: Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie. I mean it smells great but doesnt do much imo

hair4today

Hit:
Bamboo leaf tea, natural source of silica which improves hair health and it's a great tasting tea as well. :lick:

beautyaddict1913

Hits:
Claudies 3-in-1 cleansing conditioner
SSI pomegranate conditioner
Myhoneychild so deep conditioner

Continued Hits:
Darcy's Botanicals transitioning creme
Curls coconut sublime condish

Still under review:
SheaMoisture baby shampoo
Koils by nature butter
Darcy's sweet cocoa bean cream

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
biggest blockbuster hit of my hair journey...

wash every two to three weeks, no more weekly washes
and then use conditioner only
AND oil, twist, tie, and leave alone whenever possible!

Avaya

HIT:

Peach Aloe Pomade (HairitageHydration)

CONTINUED HIT:

Natural Coils Daily Leave-In Conditioning Spray (Darcy's Botanicals)

likeacharm

Big Hit:
Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee!! I don't think my hair has ever felt this moisturized. I'm having the urge to stock up even though I have a full bottle.

beautyaddict1913

Hit:
Hairveda green tea hair creme - the texture is perfect, it seals and moisturizes and smells yum!

Miss:
BFH green tea and avocado conditioner - doesn't make my hair feel like straw but it doesn't moisturize either. Makes me feel like I need to follow up with a DC. Plus it's too thick to be in that lil rectangular bottle smh. I'm either going to soup it up or toss it!

Kurlee

miss:

curls gelee's c - makes hair soft and shiny, but curls products don't play nice with any thing, even some of their own from the same line. No leave-ins, gels, creams. Nothing. Hate it. Gonna use it up and never touch it again. So you can only use this product solo, which sucks cuz you will ALWAYS get whitehead if you put anything over it.

Last edited:
Hit:
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Milk (I love it as a leave-in)
Keeping a simple regimen
Hitting the two year mark in my hair transition

Misses:
None

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:

Claudie Fortifying Conditioner
Hairveda's ACV Phinising Rinse
Christine Gant's Herbal Rich Hair Butter
Marie Dean's Deep Condtioners

Dposh167

Miss:
VO5 Shea Cashmere Conditioner- it says its a moisturizing conditioner but this is definitely more of a protein. There's no cones so you're not gonna get any slip. I'll use it up just for a shot of protein but i'm not buying this again.

shtow

Thank goodness for my new dermatologist. He prescribed fluocinolone oil for my scalp and my scalp has been CLEAR. Its so potent, I only need to use it once every 3-4 weeks.

AyannaDivine

This might be a bit premature since I've only been using the product for 2 days BUT
Shea Moisture Curl Souffle has my hair softer than a rabbits a**. I used it on large twists last night and woke up to super soft stretched hair this morning. It also worked great for slicking down my edges. Curling Souffle is a total misnomer though, because this stuff didn't make nar hair on my head pop! But its definitely a HIT.

*The Curling Souffle is like a combo of Qhemet OHHB and HTSG but waaayyy better and waaayyy cheaper!

Ann0804

Hits:

Shea Moisture Purification mask (great for itchy scalp and getting rid of all the tangles)

AOHSR renewed hit- (this stuff really moisturizes my hair better than any other product. I should have never stopped using it)

Mische

Huge hits:

Hercules Sagemann shark clips! These work like a dream on both dry and wet hair. It's literally impossible to snag a strand with these things. RIP to all my old ripped out strands. :lol:

Darcy's Pumpkin seed conditioner is also a hit. I DC'ed with this and had the least amount of hair in the comb EVER. I kept looking down genuinely confused at the lack of hair.