May 2017 What Did You Buy This Week?

MilkChocolateOne

Honey Baby Naturals Honeychild Moisture &a Scalp Balance Gentle Shampoo. It's very moisturizing, suds extremely well and leaves your hair feeling like you used conditioner. It's kind of thin and I used very little. It will last a long time.

beingofserenity

A whole bunch of Cantu products
(I know, I know they're not natural or Black owned but I'm going through a "product junkie" phase)

Fenugreek
Aloe Vera juice
Peach Kernel Oil
Avocado Oil

Still waiting on my Thank God I'm Natural order.
I'm looking forward to trying those out!

What products? I think I may really like cantu. I just loaded my hair with the coconut curl cream moisturizer and then applied eco over it to smooth into a bun and it doesn't look dry. It looks healthy and very sheeny. Usually it looks so dry. I've also noticed that the curl activator makes my hair shiny when pulled back. I really want to try the acv rinse.

beingofserenity

View attachment 397723 View attachment 397725 this brush from sallys, plan to use it on wet hair to distribute conditioner. this bottle that i put my crn morracan pear conditioner into cause the original bottle made it hard to get the product out.

I really like this type of brush. It pulls out all the shed hairs and really smooths the hair out which makes it so much easier to deal with. I never want to give it up. I've heard that it could be damaging but I think that might depend on how you use it. Relaxing is damaging too, but people still grow long relaxed,hair. Before this brush, I always had tangled, difficult-to-manipulate hair. Combing just doesn't cut it with my natural hair.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I really like this type of brush. It pulls out all the shed hairs and really smooths the hair out which makes it so much easier to deal with. I never want to give it up. I've heard that it could be damaging but I think that might depend on how you use it. Relaxing is damaging too, but people still grow long relaxed,hair. Before this brush, I always had tangled, difficult-to-manipulate hair. Combing just doesn't cut it with my natural hair.

How do you use it? I did a test run today on dry hair and it laid my hair down so nice.

beingofserenity

How do you use it? I did a test run today on dry hair and it laid my hair down so nice.

I use it to detangle wet hair soaked with conditioner in the shower. I use it to blow dry. I use it on dry hair to stretch it out too, but I think it works best on my hair when it is a little damp and coated in something. Then it doesn't snag on anything and it lays my hair flat. It's great for distributing product evenly. I used it today to smooth my hair into a bun, and my hair is super flat, sleek, and neat looking. I love it.

nysister

What products? I think I may really like cantu. I just loaded my hair with the coconut curl cream moisturizer and then applied eco over it to smooth into a bun and it doesn't look dry. It looks healthy and very sheeny. Usually it looks so dry. I've also noticed that the curl activator makes my hair shiny when pulled back. I really want to try the acv rinse.

Oh I went on a Cantu binge. I bought a few of the following:

• Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream Shampoo
  • Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment
  • Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Hydrating Cream Conditioner 13.5 fl. oz. Bottle
  • Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream
  • Cantu Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream
I've noticed that my hair prefers the Argan oil cream over the Shea, which makes sense as my hair doesn't like Shea in general. I'll either use it anyway or give it to my family. I haven't tried the Shampoo and wash out conditioner yet.

My hair has soaked up the argan oil cream as I noticed that it defines my curl pattern. Hopefully it will be useful in the long run as well.

I went through trying a bunch of new products back when I big chopped in 2009, then I'd pick up a couple of things here and there, but I'm committing to hair growth now so I'm back to looking for some key items that my hair will love, splitting into different categories.

beingofserenity

Oh I went on a Cantu binge. I bought a few of the following:

• Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream Shampoo
  • Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment
  • Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Hydrating Cream Conditioner 13.5 fl. oz. Bottle
  • Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream
  • Cantu Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream
I've noticed that my hair prefers the Argan oil cream over the Shea, which makes sense as my hair doesn't like Shea in general. I'll either use it anyway or give it to my family. I haven't tried the Shampoo and wash out conditioner yet.

I've never tried the argan oil version, or the shampoo and conditioner. Excited to hear how you like it. :)Cantu is super affordable and smells great.

beingofserenity

It really does. You have my curiosity piqued with the Coconut curl cream...that's going on my next list of items to order.

I think a lot of people like it. I'm not sure about it yet, but it must be doing something right because usually eco styler leaves my hair a dried out mess. I was ready to give up on that gel completely. We'll see how my hair makes out as the weeks goes on. I would love it if it stayed looking this nice for an entire week.

Aggie

Nothing since Wednesday. Came close but backed all the way out of Mielle Organics BOGO sale on the Aloe Milk leave in. Inahsi almost got me too but also dragged myself out of those carts. It was so hard but I did it! Let's hope this will power lasts throughout tomorrow too.

discodumpling

Sally's is having a sale so I bought a few ION conditioners & treatments an Aphogee 2 step packet and a few random moisture packs. Then I went down the block to the Chinese BSS who employs Black folks to make me feel comfortable LOL! and bought a gallon of my Natures Gate Honey Almond that should last for at least 2 summer months. I also purchased Creme Of Nature Argan shampoo cause all I do is purchase conditioner and DH complained soooo
That's it for this week.

ETA: How 'bout the Natures Gate turned out to be a gallon of shampoo instead of conditioner?? AND how bout I didn't realize that until I was in the shower and poured it into my palm?? LOL! No worries I went out and bought the conditioner...watch this shampoo last for a year though!

Last edited:

gorgeoushair

Carol's Daughter
Sacred Tiare Restoring Mask
Sacred Tiare Smoothing Serum
Sacred Tiare 4 in 1 Combing Creme
Sacred Tiare Blow Dry Cream
Mirabelle Plum Dual Oil Treatment (2)
Monoi + Deluxe Size Hair Mask Set
Acai Clarifying Foaming Face Wash
Acai Hydrating Exfoliating Toner

I caught the 50%off sale plus found a 15%off code.