June 2016 What Did You Buy This Week? Hair Care Edition

demlew

I'm intrigued.......love spicy scents, now I want to try this. Iwon't smell like I spilled red wine all over me will I? :eek: Thanks @demlew

If you're willing to send me an address, I'd be happy to send it to you for free. I only swiped it once. It's a great product, but I don't know anyone who'd wear it. It's very unique to be sure - the description on the Etsy site is accurate.

alex114

I just finished a bottle of Beautifully Bamboo pills and I really liked them-- I think they definitely helped me gain some health and length (sped up my growth rate and made my haire less prone to breakage). I believe the bulk of my hair is past APL now-- my next goal is full, thick BSL. Hopefully I can hit that by next January.

But instead of rebuying, I decided to buy some MSM pills, some bamboo extract (silica) and probiotic pills. I'll take those in addition to my daily multivitamin-- I noticed that the BB has a lot of overlap with my multivitamin, which might be redundant for me/designed for women who don't take any other supplements.

blackviolet

My orders came

Beautifully Bamboo
Vitamins- Re-Up

Annabelle's
Banana Coconut Butter Creme ( she sent a nice sized Honey Soy body lotion)

Ulta
SheaMoisture Sasha Incha Oil Masque -finally picked this up yesterday

BSS
Grabbed a bottle of Bantu Yellow Out conditioner to try
Processing caps

Last edited:

AgeinATL

Cocoa butter is usually a no go for me but I feel like it's because I always use it in products with chocolate. So far it's ok. I will let you know.

What did you not like?

It was wayyyy too thin in consistency for my course strands. The consistency was more like a thicker hair lotion than the other SM masks that I love. It didn't have the slip or moisture that I get from the Sacha or Superfruit lines. I applied it, DCed for an hour with heat, and rinsed. My hair felt like I hadn't used anything at all! o_O

The thin consistency would be ideal for someone with LP hair but, IMO, not course, thick strands like mine.

I located the receipt, put the jar back in the bag, and took it right back to Walgreens. :auto:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
It was wayyyy too thin in consistency for my course strands. The consistency was more like a thicker hair lotion than the other SM masks that I love. It didn't have the slip or moisture that I get from the Sacha or Superfruit lines. I applied it, DCed for an hour with heat, and rinsed. My hair felt like I hadn't used anything at all! o_O

The thin consistency would be ideal for someone with LP hair but, IMO, not course, thick strands like mine.

I located the receipt, put the jar back in the bag, and took it right back to Walgreens. :auto:

Lol. See I have thick strands but it's just ok. It went on well but I feel the next time I will use it in the shower. It could be better though. I can't used Superfruit but compared to Sacha and HP it pales in comparison. My hair was soft but I feel my hair smoothing aka being super tight. So far, no issues, but I'm not recommending.

NaturallyATLPCH

I wonder how it would work for someone with densely packed fine strands. Hmmmm...