MBL 2010 Challenge Reveals

ebonyseas

Cutenss, try a two inch cut first then see how it looks. And don't forget, your hair might just be growing out. Wasn't there a post a while back about length coming before thickness because the strands don't grow at the same rate?

SmilingElephant

The reveal:

I want to cut my hair back to above my brastrap. My ends are a :sad::nono::sad: And my pony is bony, but I am happy that I didn't lose length. But I didn't gain either due to frequent trimming, which is why I may cut back to above BSL, and go from there, with :lick: ends for the new year.

Any opinions/suggestions?

And :congrats: to those who are there. AWESOME :yay:

Stop trimming those ends lady!!!:nono:.....they're not bad at all!!

Prayin4FullWL2012

Congradulation to all of you. Ya'll have done a good job. HHG ohh and Cutenss don't cut it. I know you may want to have it thicken up so try stuff for volume and body like Vo5 Body/Volume CON also fuller thicker hair serum is great for thickness. Also weekly henna treatmenrts. Do these things for 3 to 6 months and if you feel the same way then just S&D. I know you don't want to cut ur length but, I know how u feel cause my hair is thin in density and this is what I use. Ohh and if you just got relaxer it will also get thicker in 2 to 3 weeks. You are very close to WL. Just think of the WL ladies they didn't get there by cutting, so please don't cut that Beautiful hair. HTH

Last edited:

cutenss

Cutenss, try a two inch cut first then see how it looks. And don't forget, your hair might just be growing out. Wasn't there a post a while back about length coming before thickness because the strands don't grow at the same rate?

Yes, that is true. I have fine strands, so they split easily. If I cut 2", then I would be about at BSB. And plus I have splits up the hair shaft, which is why I was going to cut it back to APL. I am so confused :drunk::spinning::drunk:

Janet'

Janet'!! I've been waiting for your reveal! Your hair looks great :lick:. I think that BSL and MBL are the same for me too, but I'm not sure.

Aww Thanks!!!!

Congratulations ckisland and Janet'...you're pretty much there!

Thank you!!!

Well Janet you are at the bottom of the Bra strap-also your hair has thickened up quite a bit! I am happy for you you have done well...Congrats on your progress!

I know, but I just don't feel secure in claiming it yet :lachen:

Congrats Janet way to grow in 2010. I am sure all of your goals will be met in this new year~

Thank you so much!!!

cutenss

Congradulation to all of you. Ya'll have done a good job. HHG ohh and Cutenss don't cut it. I know you may want to have it thicken up so try stuff for volume and body like Vo5 Body/Volume CON also fuller thicker hair serum is great for thickness. Also weekly henna treatmenrts. Do these things for 3 to 6 months and if you feel the same way then just S&D. I know you don't want to cut ur length but, I know how u feel cause my hair is thin in density and this is what I use. Ohh and if you just got relaxer it will also get thicker in 2 to 3 weeks. You are very close to WL. Just think of the WL ladies they didn't get there by cutting, so please don't cut that Beautiful hair. HTH

I miss this post earlier. But thank you for your kind words :kiss: I have decided NOT to cut it just because I was too indecisive about it. My mama always told me: "think long, think wrong" So for the last couple of days I have been doing S&D on split ends and SSK. Since I am a natural, I have lots of those :sad: I did a henna gloss treatment a couple of years ago. I bought the henna from LUSH. Complete disaster. I lost so much hair that day that I literally almost called an ambulance. I thought I was going bald right then and there. So I don't know if it was the LUSH or my hair just doesn't like henna. :ohwell: I am going to incorporate some new techniques and see if the help with my issues. I just want full, healthy MBL hair.

Prayin4FullWL2012

^I totally agree with you. I'm going to claim it once I get a good inch or so pass my bra-strap.

Heeelllll to the no you must claim it now, ur already there. Girl shoot next goal is full MBL but ur at MBL for sure, because, ur hair is touching ur bra.
Ohh and JANET I have been waiting for ur big reveal, I love ur hair and color. I secretly stalk your hair progress lol.

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

:sad: I did a henna gloss treatment a couple of years ago. I bought the henna from LUSH. Complete disaster. I lost so much hair that day that I literally almost called an ambulance. I thought I was going bald right then and there. So I don't know if it was the LUSH or my hair just doesn't like henna. :ohwell:

Wow Cuteness, I'm so sorry that you had such a bad experience with henna! I use Lush henna all of the time and I've never had a bad experience with it (I'm also natural). I've even given a couple of reviews on it. As a matter of fact, that's what I used the other day for my reveal. I'm curious to know how you went about applying it and what you did afterwards. I like to mix a little amla oil with mine and sit under my steamer. My hair came out so nice with this last application.

I'm so glad you've decided not to cut, because your hair is absolutely gorgeous! You'll be at full MBL and beyond before you know it. Just continue to follow all of the good advice these ladies have been giving you.:yep:

PureSilver

Just adding to what PrayingforWL2012 said, janet your hair looks amazing. I don't think if one's hair is touching BSB means they've reached MBL i think MBL is at least 2'' below BSB.

Janet, your progress looks good and the color is terrific on you.....stalks your fotki ever since i found it. You'll definately reach MBL by feburary.:yep:

Cuteness, you had better put that scissors down before you get a :spank: in here.
Casey, claim that MBL girl your hair is thick, lush and beautiful....congrats on ya progress!

Ckisland, lovely progress, i see BSL-MBL in the near future for you.

HHG everyone, loving the pics and progress!

Janet'

Heeelllll to the no you must claim it now, ur already there. Girl shoot next goal is full MBL but ur at MBL for sure, because, ur hair is touching ur bra.
Ohh and JANET I have been waiting for ur big reveal, I love ur hair and color. I secretly stalk your hair progress lol.

Awww, thanks :blush: :blush: :grin: :grin:

Janet'

Just adding to what PrayingforWL2012 said, janet your hair looks amazing.

Janet, your progress looks good and the color is terrific on you.....stalks your fotki ever since i found it. You'll definately reach MBL by feburary.:yep:

Thank you so much!!! You are too kind!!!

exubah

Okay, this pic will have to do cause the camera took a dump and this was the only one my photographer was able to take. It does not, however, show the true length of my hair which is midway on my bra strap.

Hair.jpg

Sorry, I also did not fully comb my hair.....I didn't think the camera would not work and this was like a test shot :ohwell:

Janet'

Okay, this pic will have to do cause the camera took a dump and this was the only one my photographer was able to take. It does not, however, show the true length of my hair which is midway on my bra strap.

View attachment 105729

Sorry, I also did not fully comb my hair.....I didn't think the camera would not work and this was like a test shot :ohwell:

Yes... I think when u comb it and it's straight you are BSL! :yep:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

bimtheduck

Whoops I posted my results in the other thread...

Okay so I just barely made MBL length (grazing) in 2010 but I really need a trim so I'll probably join the MBL 2011 challenge and definitely the WL 2011 challenge. Thanks for all the support, tips and knowledge in 2010 ladies and best of luck with your goals for 2011!

Starting pic for 2010

ending pic for 2010

Last edited:

cutenss

Wow Cuteness, I'm so sorry that you had such a bad experience with henna! I use Lush henna all of the time and I've never had a bad experience with it (I'm also natural). I've even given a couple of reviews on it. As a matter of fact, that's what I used the other day for my reveal. I'm curious to know how you went about applying it and what you did afterwards. I like to mix a little amla oil with mine and sit under my steamer. My hair came out so nice with this last application.

I'm so glad you've decided not to cut, because your hair is absolutely gorgeous! You'll be at full MBL and beyond before you know it. Just continue to follow all of the good advice these ladies have been giving you.:yep:

Hi Ms CoCo :wave: sorry but I am just now seeing this post. I did the LUSH back in 2008, so kinda hard to remember everything. But I what I know is that I was scared of henna, so I decided to do a henna gloss. It was a recipe that I got from a member here, I think her name was Lavendar. All I know is that she had GORGEOUS hair :love: I know that I added Vo5 conditioner, something acidic, and maybe some oils. I allowed the color to release overnight on a heating pad. I remember having the concoction on my head, and it giving me a horrible headache. I left it on overnight. When I rinsed, and rinsed, and co-wash and rinsed, that is my hair started coming out in clumps. I know I lost a 1/3 to 1/2 of my hair volume. I don't too many things scare me, but being bald by my own hand is one of them.

I am glad it works so well for you. I think I am just a isolated incident. I researched henna thoroughly before deciding to buy LUSH.

Sorry so long...