MBL Challenge 2012 Official Thread

lamaria211

RENIBELL said:
HI Ladies, hope everyone is doing great, havent checked in ages due to home and work life commitments. i did a lenght check this weekend and i think i made MBL yay!!! here is my PIC

Gorgeous hair :)

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Im gonna have to cut it off...atleast up to APL...the right side is gone..the left side is full mbl...I cant wear my hair straight and I only wear my hair straight...im style challenged..and I dont know if I can fix it...
I thought by being a DIY I had all the answers but not having someone see my nape and catch those weak areas before they start have totally ruined my hair..I have the knowledge and skills to make it grow, but maintence is not my strong point.
I dont have a beautician and hopefully the one I go to in the next week will be able to put me in rotation..the positive thing is Ive been this short before and it always grows back..

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO using LHCF

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
One year later and I still have not made MBL, I'm not even gonna talk about my ends:nono:

Attachments

• DSC04079.jpg
    DSC04079.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 174

hair4romheaven

Maracujá those can be lead hairs. Do a search and you will see one girl (I can't remember her name) but her ends looked similar to yours and she keet bunning and taking care of her hair & concentrating on ends and her hair caught up nicely. You will make it. I see it already! ;-) Keep up the good work.

marta9227

Alright I'm claiming it! MBL. If you look closely (my bra is light) I am below my brain and as you can see by where my back fat is, lol, I should make WL bunning the end of the year, or I'll at least be grazing it!

ForumRunner_20120711_155208.jpg

Sent from my evo 3d y'all!

MzSwift

^^^Congratulations!! :D
Your hair is very pretty!!

Hair update:
I just did a moisture/protein tx. I think I'm gonna do those more often to help with retention. My fine strands love moisture but they can feel a little too soft at times.

candy626

This is my latest update. I feel like if I can just leave my hair alone it will fully be MBL. Right now, my longest layer stretched is there. It's actually 2 inches from waist. Where my hand is, is where my waist is.
Some of my hair is also over my shoulder, which is why the shape looks odd...

Attachments

• IMG_4416.JPG
    IMG_4416.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 744
Last edited:

lamaria211

marta9227 said:
Alright I'm claiming it! MBL. If you look closely (my bra is light) I am below my brain and as you can see by where my back fat is, lol, I should make WL bunning the end of the year, or I'll at least be grazing it!

Congrats!! Beautiful hair:)

marta9227

Thanks ladies! It's funny how 10 people can tell you how nice or how long your hair is, but it doesn't seem to count til you get that LHCF validation lol

DesignerCurls

One year later and I still have not made MBL, I'm not even gonna talk about my ends:nono:

hair4romheaven gave some nice advice...you should do some research but for the most part your hair looks healthy!

I had ends that I didn't like frizzy & thin...I could see some splits (and my hair had seem to be at a stand still) so for the last 3 months I have been doing extremely light dusting along with the usual stuff like PSing & DCing. My hair has improved! Don't be discouraged...find the LHCF flow :)lol:) that works for you & HHG!

DesignerCurls

Im gonna have to cut it off...atleast up to APL...the right side is gone..the left side is full mbl...I cant wear my hair straight and I only wear my hair straight...im style challenged..and I dont know if I can fix it...
I thought by being a DIY I had all the answers but not having someone see my nape and catch those weak areas before they start have totally ruined my hair..I have the knowledge and skills to make it grow, but maintence is not my strong point.
I dont have a beautician and hopefully the one I go to in the next week will be able to put me in rotation..the positive thing is Ive been this short before and it always grows back..

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO using LHCF

Im sorry to hear that you are going to have to cut your hair but like you said it always grows back! :yep: I hope you find a beautician that will work with you too!

SmilingElephant

In not sure if i joined this challenge but i think i might make MBL by the end of the year. In gonna straighten next month and see where im at bc my hair stretches to my bra strap now :)

But i just want to be sure.

SmilingElephant

I have been told to come here now....i just hit BSL.

Here's the impromptu pic i took yesterday:

ForumRunner_20120812_073426.jpg

I believe im going to make MBL by the end of the year. Thanks to mama NJoy i have been reminded to visualize my hair at where i would like it to be and it really does work! :)

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

lamaria211

SmilingElephant said:
I have been told to come here now....i just hit BSL.

Here's the impromptu pic i took yesterday:

I believe im going to make MBL by the end of the year. Thanks to mama NJoy i have been reminded to visualize my hair at where i would like it to be and it really does work! :)

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

Congrats! Great progress

MzSwift

Length Check:

I'm in the process of converting my minis to cornrows.

My hand is at the top of my hip bone.

Two lines below my hair is when I will officially claim MBL.

My hair is severely shrunken due to WNGing in these mini braids.

Not NEARLY as much growth as I got last year between April and August. Here's why:

-I've used heat twice, once in April and once in June

-I can count on one hand the amount of times that I have properly DC'd

-I have worn my hair out A LOT in twists and twistouts. Now I know better.

Self-challenge to reach my goal:

-Get back to my weekly wash/protein/DC regi

-Use wigs and extensions (if necessary) to PS

DesignerCurls

MzSwift from that pic it looks like your hair is at the middle of your back chica! I don't know why you're playing! :spinning:
I am doing my length check at the end of this month and I hope I have a good amount at MBL.

MzSwift

@DesignerCurls
Thanks! I guess technically, my hair does reach the middle of my back (from neck bone to hip bone) but it just doesn't feel like I thought MBL would feel.

To be consistent with my measuring (and so I'm not floating around w/no challenge to belong to) I would like to use the second line below it for the challenge..if that's okay :)

ETA, I can't wait to see your picture update! This thread has been tucked away.

Last edited:

MzSwift

Update: Cornrows done! Now I have to figure out which wig to rock. I also have to mix up another batch of my ayurveda cowash condish. Hope you ladies are doing well!

DesignerCurls

@DesignerCurls
Thanks! I guess technically, my hair does reach the middle of my back (from neck bone to hip bone) but it just doesn't feel like I thought MBL would feel.

To be consistent with my measuring (and so I'm not floating around w/no challenge to belong to) I would like to use the second line below it for the challenge..if that's okay :)

ETA, I can't wait to see your picture update! This thread has been tucked away.

@MzSwift That is a good idea! Yes this thread has been. I was wondering if everyone has moved on to the 2013 MBL thread. I will be updating in this thread until I reach MBL

I have cut my hair so much till I have been between APL & MBL for too long. I will be glad to get to MBL! :yep:

Last edited:

MzSwift

So I'm too lazy to go upstairs so I decided to do my hair with whatever was in the kitchen. I have not used sulfate poo in a long time but I did today. LoL

I washed with the V05 2-n-1 that I use in my dog's poo mix (don't judge me). Then I went back to my old school mix and slathered on some yogurt for protein and then made a honey+EVOO+salt mix. I used to love that as a moisturizing mix. I also added some bhringaraj powder to make a paste. I slathered that over the protein and covered with two grocery bags and a wool cap.

I'm just happy to get myself back into the habit of DCing weekly. I know it'll pay off.

Hope you ladies are doing well! :)

lacreolegurl

Hi ladies! Where is everyone?!

Flatironed my hair this weekend because I needed to dust. After my wash, I dried my hair overnight in twists and then flat ironed the next day. At night, I made 2-3 pincurls on top and sides of my head and just finger combed in the morning. Any-who, it seems like the longer my hair gets, I am struggling with more ssks! I don't get them at all when I straighten. I feel like I'm dusting frequently and losing my growth to combat them.

Sadly, I think I may have to give up my go to style: wash and goes.:sad:

So, I think sometime this week, I will try a braidout to stretch this flatiron. The last one I did was the first time I felt it came out nicely. I hope I have good luck this time too.

I have about 2 more inches to MBL and plan to be there by December 31 @ 11:59:59. :grin: