MBL Challenge 2012 Official Thread

againstallodds

Back with my update. I self relaxed yesterday, blow dried, flat ironed and took off half an inch.

MBL is at line 8 (waist is at 10)... oh the joys of being 5'7 lol.

Almost there, whoooooooooo!

Attachments

• 5:14:12 againstallodds update.jpeg
    5:14:12 againstallodds update.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 5:14:12 againstallodds update2.jpeg
    5:14:12 againstallodds update2.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 192

DesignerCurls

Back with my update. I self relaxed yesterday, blow dried, flat ironed and took off half an inch.

MBL is at line 8 (waist is at 10)... oh the joys of being 5'7 lol.

Almost there, whoooooooooo!

@againstallodds your hair is looking wonderful!
I'm no length check guru :look: but I thought your waist is the smallest part of your torso. Wouldn't that be around the 8 line according to your shirt & the 10 line would be closer to the hip/whip area??? just thought I'd ask...either way nice progress! :yep:

I'm still an inch away from MBL because I keep dusting/trimming! My last one was last month. I don't need to do it again so by the end of June I am planning to be there! :grin:

againstallodds

@againstallodds your hair is looking wonderful!
I'm no length check guru :look: but I thought your waist is the smallest part of your torso. Wouldn't that be around the 8 line according to your shirt & the 10 line would be closer to the hip/whip area??? just thought I'd ask...either way nice progress! :yep:

I'm still an inch away from MBL because I keep dusting/trimming! My last one was last month. I don't need to do it again so by the end of June I am planning to be there! :grin:

DesignerCurls thank you! Girl you are not the first to say it's at line 8 haha. And you're correct, the smallest part of your torso is the waist. I've measured many times just to make sure it's at 10 for me (because I thought I was crazy lol), my baggish shirt just sucks at showing that. I thought about getting a more fitted shirt but I figured consistently using the same shirt would be a better tracker.

WaterMoccasin

Here I am, a week late with my first update. :drunk:

11/16/11:

Yesterday (1/6/12):

NB- BSL for me is the 9" mark on the t-shirt.

I will have a set-back considering my hair's current state, so I'm pushing the MBL goal from September to December 2012. That's if I don't end up doing a BC just after my 1yr transitioning mark (Sept)...which I am itching to do.

Lots of damage and broken hair going on right now :ohwell:. Anyway, here's the latest photo update:

May 5 2012

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
BahamaMama Awww, what happened to cause the breakage and damage?

I really hope I am scraping MBL for my June update. I don't feel like my hair is stretching any longer in the back, but my hair does feel thicker.

lacreolegurl

Checking in...this reaching this length seems more difficult to me than the previous ones.

I feel like I've been in the same place for a while, between trimming and what not (fixing up a bad trim I got). I only have a couple of inches, but I really need a jump start. I'm in the no heat challenge that starts on 6/1, so I really hope that helps. I usually get a boost in the warm months.

I'll have 3yrs worth of natural hair by the end of June. I was really hoping to be MBL by then.

candy626

Still trying to get all of my hair to mbl. One section of my hair is definitely there maybe about 2.5 inches from waist when stretched. There are some parts of my hair that are bsb/bsl that need some more time I catch up. I'm thinking by the end of summer they will definitely be there since I have put my flat iron down for these warm months.

I would say my hair is in the mbl range though. But will wait until all of my hairs are there before I fully claim it.

MzSwift

^^^Wow, from none to MBL in 3 years is A LOT of growth girl! Don't be too hard on yourself. Sounds like you'll be close though :)

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
6 months in and while it's growing, its thin and breaking on the right side..Im kinda torn as to what to do..this time last year I experienced something similiar and cut back to above BSB..frankly, Im tired of cutting..the first time I reached MBL was 10/ 2010! Like seriously..I believe BSL is my terminal length because anything after that is not happening..

Attachments

• mid year check.jpg
    mid year check.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

cocoma

I haven't updated in awhile. I am still BSB, but my shortest layers are FULL shoulder length finally. That is mostly my crown area, it grows slower and is a different texture than the rest of my hair. I have been wearing braidouts a lot lately, maybe 3 days out of the week with various buns and pin ups the rest of the week.

I have started wearing a plastic cap overnight with my braids. My moisture retention has been awesome! MBL here I come!

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
SuchMagnificance

You appear to be MBL or very close to it -- to me. Are you sure you don't suffer from that disease? Hairnorexia.

MzSwift

Girl, let me tell you...lol...I have heat damage and see through ends and I think its due to protein overload..so Ive been doing a lot of moisture dc'ing and cut my heat back to once a month..The right side is not pretty..I'm hoping I can nurse it back to health without doing a major cut.

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

I made it to MBL, friends. I am now past MBL and about 3 inches from WL, but I forgot to post in here when I made MBL at my April 4, 2012 trim and flatty. Here is where I am now. I am done with this challenge :D but I definitely want to cheer everyone else on!!

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
^^ Gorgeous Diva_Esq

I haven't updated in a while. I think I am grazing BSL right now, so hopefully I'll make MBL by December. I want to flat iron but it's just so darn hot and humid here...seems like a lot of work for nothing. If the dews don't go down I won't flat iron until the fall.

ItsMeFre

I just realized that I'm in the WL challenge but not this one. MBL used to be my ultimate goal but after being on LHCF for almost a year I've changed my ultimate goal to WL.

Sooo I'd like to join! My "definition" of MBL is when a good amount of my hair is 1inch past BSL (my hair is cut in layers and I seem to have become high waisted after 3 kids lol). My starting pic is in my signature.

Happy Hair Growing!!!

Hi everyone! Soooo, I experienced a terrible set back for the past few months....post-pregnancy shed :nono: My hair grew a little below my bra-strap but I had to cut to BSB in April, right above my bra-strap. The shedding has stopped for the most part and my hair has grown back to bra-strap but my ends are much fuller so I'm glad I cut it :yep:

My updated hair is in my siggy. Happy hair growing!!!

lamaria211

ItsMeFre said:
Hi everyone! Soooo, I experienced a terrible set back for the past few months....post-pregnancy shed :nono: My hair grew a little below my bra-strap but I had to cut to BSB in April, right above my bra-strap. The shedding has stopped for the most part and my hair has grown back to bra-strap but my ends are much fuller so I'm glad I cut it :yep:

My updated hair is in my siggy. Happy hair growing!!!

My PP shedding only lasted about 2 weeks but I used QH Garlic Poo

DesignerCurls

Congratulations @Diva_Esq Your hair is gorgeous!!!

@ItsMeFre your hair looks so healthy in your sig!

I haven't been in this thread in awhile. But I have been lightly dusting (damage ends) for the last couple of months and believe or not my hair is growing better than it did before I started the monthly dusting!!! I am very close to MBL but won't claim it until I'm about .5"-1" past it.

Congratulations to anyone I missed that has made MBL & HHG!

Last edited:

ItsMeFre

Congratulations @Diva_Esq Your hair is gorgeous!!!

@ItsMeFre your hair looks so healthy in your sig!

I haven't been in this thread in awhile. But I have been lightly dusting (damage ends) for the last couple of months and believe or not my hair is growing better than it did before I started the monthly dusting!!! I am very close to MBL but won't claim it until I'm about .5"-1" past it.

Congratulations to anyone I missed that has made MBL & HHG!

Thank you, so does yours :yep:

lamaria211

ItsMeFre said:
I didn't have this problem with my first two but this one...:nono: I heard about the garlic pills and poo but I just wanted to let it run it's course.

Thats the same thing with me I did have shedding til baby #3. Wtf!
I only used the garlic poo x2 I dont no if that stopped the shedding or if it stopped on its own but I think it just didnt last long

ScorpioBeauty09

Update: in late May I had a trim to even out my left and right sides. At the that time I was 1 inch away from BSL in my longest layers which are in the back. Now I'm 2 inches away from BSL in the back and 3 inches in the front. I'm hoping to retain an inch when I get my hair my hair braided at the end of this month for vacation.:grin:

hair4romheaven

Lets keep this thread active!! I am sure there are so many ladies here on their way to MBL. I secretly know I will make it this year! LOL

candy626

stretched my longest layers are mbl (past the bottom of my bra strap by 1"). I guess I will go ahead and claim it, since more pieces seem to be reaching this length.

There are still pieces at bsb and bsl though. My hair seems to naturally grow out in layers and some parts are definitely more suseptible to breakage then others.

Will be trimming/dusting this weekend.

RENIBELL

HI Ladies, hope everyone is doing great, havent checked in ages due to home and work life commitments. i did a lenght check this weekend and i think i made MBL yay!!! here is my PIC

Attachments

• DSCF9452.JPG
    DSCF9452.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 102