Mega Tek

ShortyDooWhop

OK Mega Tek Users,

I have a bottle that's collecting dust b/c when I use it it leaves huge build up. This leads me to my question, how do you all apply it, how often do you apply it, and are you mixing it with anything so that you can use it daily?

Thanks

JustKiya

How much are you using? I use less than a tablespoon to massage my whole head - might be less than a teaspoon, on the real. That, to me, is the main thing to keep an eye on to avoid buildup.

I also mix mine with oils - castor and vit. E - and that seems to help it 'seep/sink' into my scalp more.

I dab just the TIP of my pinkie or middle finger into it, and rub it along the parts, being sure to rub in it, and not just 'put it on'.

Urmmm. I apply daily, when I'm being on point. :lol:

Naturefreegirl

I just received mines today and I am so excited , does it have to be after I just wash or can I apply everday night like a cream.

soulie

I apply mine every night - unmixed, with a light finger as JustKiya described above.

Jetblackhair

I apply my Mega-Tek similar to JustKiya's method. I just oil my scalp first with castor oil and then apply the MT.

I use MT 2 to 3 times a week and then I also apply it on my scalp during my wash and leave it in for 5 minutes and then rinse. I do not apply it to the length of my hair.

freshlikemoi

I mixed mine with Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Then I put the mixture in an application bottle, and I part my hair then apply. Afterwards, I massage it in my whole head.

--I do this once a day. When I get my hair freshly done, at the salon or something, I wait about a week to reapply. Because that would be a waste of my money.

Eclass215

I have a question - I just ordered my first bottle the other day (anxiously waiting for it to arrive :pullhair: ) but I was wondering how long does one bottle usually last? Like, if I use it at least 4 times a week?

RZILYNT

I mixed mine with Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Then I put the mixture in an application bottle, and I part my hair then apply. Afterwards, I massage it in my whole head.

--I do this once a day. When I get my hair freshly done, at the salon or something, I wait about a week to reapply. Because that would be a waste of my money.

WOW!!! Awesome Growth

I don't mix with anything, however sometimes I will oil my scalp first then apply. The shampoo is supposed to be a good clarifier to prepare the hair to receive the product. I used the Eqyss Botanical poo. I have not had any issues with buildup so far.

RZ~

RZ~

Last edited:

JustKiya

I have a question - I just ordered my first bottle the other day (anxiously waiting for it to arrive :pullhair: ) but I was wondering how long does one bottle usually last? Like, if I use it at least 4 times a week?

At least 2 months, possibly more. :yep:

MrsQueeny

I just finished my first 16 oz bottle. I had it since the end of May using it at least 3 times a week. Plus I used it as a dc. Mine is a 50/50 mix of MT and Castor Oil. I apply it to my scalp after washing with my fingers. A little goes a long way. Q

njerannce

I bought my mega tek and its arrived today but i was wondering if its safe to use on my scalp in the run up to a retouch? Im planning on gettin my retouch texturiser on thurs and dont want to have any adverse effects by using mega tek before hand.