MEGA-TEK w/ sewn-in WEAVE???? HELP PLEASE

kkamara5

Okay..I am doing the weave it up challenge for the rest of 2008...However, I recently purchased the Mega-Tek everyone has been raving about...I am really anxious to begin using it, but Im not sure if it is alright to use being as though I have a full sewn in weave... I was just wondering if anyone has had successful results applying the mega-tek while in a full weave...I believe I read that you were supposed to wash out the product, but Im not sure....Please help...Also can you ladies post ur Mega-Tek Regimens...Im sooooo anxious :perplexed:perplexed BUMPING BUMPING BUMPING...

KurleeK5

I actually have kinky twists now, but i frequently wear weaves. You can go to Sally's or any bss and buy a color applicator bottle and put it in there. I mix with a little EVOO and Castor oil. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

kkamara5

Curious, how do you plan to get it on your scalp through a weave?

I was thinking that I would appy it on my scalp..then whenever I wash just concentrate on massaging the scalp..

I know that there are more ladies out there with answers...Please answer..post ur regimens....

BUMPING for more responses...

Last edited:

kkamara5

I actully have kinky twists now, but i frequently wear weaves. You can go to Sally's or any bss and buy a color applicator bottle and put it in there. I mix with a little EVOO and Castor oil. Hope this helps!

Thanks for ur response...so do you apply it just on ur scalp?? and how often do u shampoo or deep condition w/ the weave or twists???

JustKiya

I know for certain that JamaicaLovely is MT'ing with a sew-in, and she posted her reggie on the Progress Pics thread.....

kkamara5

I know for certain that JamaicaLovely is MT'ing with a sew-in, and she posted her reggie on the Progress Pics thread.....

Yea I saw that also..but I was still uncertain...is it true that u have to wash out the Mega-tek immediately? or is that the ovation cell therapy???

Do You Know???

PuffyBrown

Girl you almost gave me a heartattack.
I just knew somebody had something going on. I had already started tearing up....

I read a couple weeks ago someone is going to do it and water down the MT. I read it in one of our 1000 MegaTek threads...

Okay..I am doing the weave it up challenge for the rest of 2008...However, I recently purchased the Mega-Tek everyone has been raving about...I am really anxious to begin using it, but Im not sure if it is alright to use being as though I have a full sewn in weave... I was just wondering if anyone has had successful results applying the mega-tek while in a full weave...I believe I read that you were supposed to wash out the product, but Im not sure....Please help...Also can you ladies post ur Mega-Tek Regimens...Im sooooo anxious :perplexed:perplexed BUMPING BUMPING BUMPING...

JustKiya

Yea I saw that also..but I was still uncertain...is it true that u have to wash out the Mega-tek immediately? or is that the ovation cell therapy???

Do You Know???

As long as you apply to your scalp ONLY, neither. *shrug* I apply daily, wash twice weekly.

Ediese

I'm Megateking with my weave. I apply it as if I'm 'greasing' my scalp. I dont' wash it out until wash day, which is 1x a week.

KurleeK5

Yeah. I apply it as if I am greasing my scalp, but with the applicator bottle. As for conditioning, i use a spraybottle mixed with coconut oil castor oil and suave conditioner and I spritz that on in the morning and at night. I'm sure you can do the same with the applicator bottle..possibly kill a few birds with one stone (put all of that in an applicaor bottle)

kkamara5

Bumping For more replies....Please help a sista out....I want you all to inspire me....Will this work?????

BUMP...BUMP...BUMP...

sydwrites

im pretty new to MT, but ive been just using the applicator on my scalp. Its been about two weeks, and I generally wash 1x a week. With the braid pattern I have, its easy to get to my scalp. If you are scared of build up, use a qtip or cotton ball and clean the scalp with witch hazel more frequently. Most people whether they're weavin it up or not just apply it their scalp and dont wash it right back out.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Even though I use OCT I think I can help.

Fisrt off. How often do you shampoo. If you do it at least once a week you should be fine.

Because this product has a lot of protein I recommend doing a 50/50 mix with the Mega Tek and some sort of moisturizing conditioner. You may also use oils in the mix but it has to be thin enough to be able to easily squeeze through the applicator bottle.

1. Prepare your mixture by putting your ingredients in a color applicator bottle and shake them up.
2. Take the applicator bottle and squeeze the mixture in between each braid and along the hairline.
3. Gently massage in.

You may leave it in until your next wash. I did this 3 times a week while in my weave. You have to rinse very well so you won't have that sticky build up when you take your weave down. Hope this helps!!

phyl73

I am wearing a weave now. A full sew in which I have been wearing since the beginning of July. I have been using an applicator bottle to get between the tracks and shapoo once a week. I don't wash it out everyday, but then I didn't wash it out everyday when I was wearing my protective style, my phony pony. I'll post update pictures when I take the weave out next week.

jamaicalovely

Hey I'm here. Yes, I apply to my scalp daily at night. I have a net weave so I create a hole in the net to get to the scalp. Like the other ladies stated above, I use my MT with an applicator bottle. I use the MT recipe posted on the MT thread - the one mixed with oils and SAA.

I now spray a little of my moisturizer mix (CD's black vanilla leave in CON w/glycerin) after I rub in the MT. On my edges, I now rub in Hydratherma Natural Daily Growth Lotion.

I co-wash 1x per week and poo 1x per week. So, I wash out MT 2x per week.

My ng is soooo soft and growing very fast. I'm sticking with this regimen for now.

HTH

Last edited:

acooks143

How many inches are you getting per month with Mega Tek?? I only been using for 1 1/2 wk and got my sew in done 2 wks ago and already I feel I need to get it re done for all the new growth...

I apply to my scalp everyday with an applicator bottle and every friday I apply shampoo to a small baby toothbrush to clean my scalp then apply it right back to the scalp.

jamaicalovely

Do You Know???

I am still using MT with my sew in. Yes, apply it to your scalp in between braids/net with a color applicator bottle.

No, you don't have to wash out. I wash out on co-wash or regular wash days. Ooh....need to do it now.

By the way, I have also added OCT to the mix.

Anew

I had a sew in and the braids underneath were vertical but the hair was sewn in horizontally so that made it way too time consuming for applying MT. But when I did try I used an applicator bottle

I applaud the ladies that take the time to do this, I think I'm just lazy though lol

normagee

hie ladies just wanted to check one thing really..im MTing with a sew in but am worried that when i take my weave off in a couple of weeks time i might have tangles..Also im washing the MT once a week but needed clarification as to how you manage to get your scalp clean as i do not want any build up of the product...pleaaase be specific as ive read so many threads but arent as clear...ive head of someone who uses a baby toothbrush to shampoo their scalp...pleaaaase heeeelp im new to all this...TIA

Wanny

I use OCT with sew in. I apply it like grease in the parts of my tracks. Oct is not as heavy as mega tek so to me application is easier and doesnt need to be mixed with anything. I also use Beemine 3x a week alternating with the OCT. My only problem is I leave my weaves in for 2 months at a time and conditioning once a week and getting my hair wet, I found matted up my hair.

CurlyMoo

I use OCT with sew in. I apply it like grease in the parts of my tracks. Oct is not as heavy as mega tek so to me application is easier and doesnt need to be mixed with anything. I also use Beemine 3x a week alternating with the OCT. My only problem is I leave my weaves in for 2 months at a time and conditioning once a week and getting my hair wet, I found matted up my hair.

So what are you going to change about your regimen since you found out that your hair was getting matted?

Wanny

So what are you going to change about your regimen since you found out that your hair was getting matted?
I am really stuck on that and if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Well I decided that I cannot wash as much. I refuse to take my weaves out quickly because it is expensive to put in and it is hair by the pound sooooooooooo. It was suggested to me that I use a moisturizing leave-in conditioner. I will drench my hair under the weave with that once a week. I am gonna wash every 3 weeks. Im leaving the weave in for 9 weeks. Might be gross to some but hey. Oct is light so it absorbs into my scalp and I dont find that I get buildup. I use Beemine oil and emu oil which supposed to helps all of this penetrate deeper into the scalp and not sit on top of it. Both oils i find to be moisturizing as well. Hope my regimen works and I have a balance of protein and moisture.