Miconazole Nitrate

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
@jprayze I havent applied anymore since that last update, so it's still that 1/2 inch. After that update, I started to suspect my almost DAILY headaches were MN related. They weren't severe...just annoying small headaches that come and go throughout the day. Not even enough for me to take Tylenol. But still. I think I'll wait til next week (that will be 2 weeks off MN) and give it another go.

The hair is either spikey in some spots now or longer and droopy in others. Would be nice to get it to a more comfy stage sooner rather than later. A full month of MN should do.

And yes, it's retaining. No super shedding since stopping. Could be the tea rinses keeping it all in, though. :)

Last edited:

shyekiera

where is everyone getting the 4%? i only say 2% in the store. I am going to start this tonight...i usually don't have a problem with hair growth, my hair actually grows pretty fast...but i was to try to get to bsl so whatever helps..

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
shyekiera said:
where is everyone getting the 4%? i only say 2% in the store. I am going to start this tonight...i usually don't have a problem with hair growth, my hair actually grows pretty fast...but i was to try to get to bsl so whatever helps..

shyekiera: no clue. I've only used the 2% from the store. I think they were ordering 4% online.

jprayze

Quick update-- I've been applying 2% MN twice a day to my scalp; today makes a week. No headaches. Will do a length check probably on Tuesday and see if there's a noticeable change.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Now that aunt flo is gone will start again this week and see if I get headachy. With my cycle most things cause headaches

shyekiera

i started with the 2% two days ago. Since my hair usually grows fairly quickly, I am tryiing it on only one side to see if there will be a difference.

Moschino

I am putting my MN use on hold. After I stopped i experienced mad shedding. And my poor little hair bulbs were do thing, in the shed hair

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Moschino said:
I am putting my MN use on hold. After I stopped i experienced mad shedding. And my poor little hair bulbs were do thing, in the shed hair

Moschino: yikes! Sorry that happened to you. How do you normally style your hair? Do you comb often? Some weeks I don't comb at all and on wash days yuck. Lots of shed. Of course it could def be the MN. Just throwing possibilities out there.

Moschino

Moschino: yikes! Sorry that happened to you. How do you normally style your hair? Do you comb often? Some weeks I don't comb at all and on wash days yuck. Lots of shed. Of course it could def be the MN. Just throwing possibilities out there.

I wear my hair cornrowed to the back, abt 6 to 8braids, that I wash n redo every 2 weeks. With MTG, little to no shedding with MN too too much shedding.

jprayze

I started using MN this morning, will be massaging a small amount directly in my scalp and concentrating on my edges which are a little thin and any trouble spots. Will use in the morning and night and provide an update in 2 weeks.

So I was curious about the progress even thought it has been 8 days. I have been faithful with this except maybe 1 time I missed.

The picture on the left I took the night before I started and I took the picture on the right tonight.

Attachments

• wow.jpg
    wow.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 189

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
So I was curious about the progress even thought it has been 8 days. I have been faithful with this except maybe 1 time I missed.

The picture on the left I took the night before I started and I took the picture on the right tonight.

wow! thats gotta be a record....

DivaJones

A friend in my mothers computer class told her that the reason for all of her new growth was because of something she added to her african pride hair product. My mother ask what was it and she said monistat....... Her friends beautian told her to do this and it worked for her balb spot. I looked it up online and the ingredient is also used for a number of other things. My mother has been using this since Oct 15th and has about 3 inches of new growth.... but my mother mixed hers with DOO GRO.

Please respond and tell me what you think.

I truely hope this help. I went out on my lunch break to get some also. My sister works for a Dr. ... she said that M N is also found in Finasteride a product that is used for men who are going bald. I am not balded but it is working for two people that I know of. I mentioned it to a close friend and she said a co worker of hers uses it also and her hair is long ............ made me say hmmmmmmm. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Constance

I have been mixing this in my shea butter for a while and it works for me! I have a bald spot from pulling my hair too tight in ponytails and sock buns and in that area you can see the little hairs coming up re-growing! I will continue to use this also.

jprayze

NaiyaAi said:
jprayze That looks like a lot of growth for only eight days of using MN...
yeah its hard for me to believe too and I took the pic...smh...I'm going to do another length check when I straighten my hair again.

jprayze

that is impressive, and you use it twice daily?

Twice daily, massaged directly into the scalp. I usually apply some type of oil because I have heard of MN being drying. Right now, I was using this Fantasia IC nighttime treatment, but after that I will just use a homemade oil mix.

NaiyaAi

Well, time for my own update... I've been using it (not consistently, I'm afraid) for a few weeks. I've only been applying it in the front, in an attempt to make the front the same length as the back. I would say I have about a little less than a half inch of new growth where I've been applying it, and a quarter inch where I haven't. Also, as a little side note, I noticed that I've started growing little baby hairs ahead of where my hairline originally started. That is, my hairline is expanding. It's amazing, really. Sorry I don't have pics to share.

Ijanei

I have to mix another batch. I used it all last year with great results (mixed). Just waiting on MT to arrive. Key is to stay consistent and also to not use it alone.

Ijanei

ok, i have been using it alone...why does it need to be mixed?

I noticed ppl complain about terrible headaches/shedding/thinning of the hair/weird dreams etc. when it is not mixed. personally, I always mixed after I had my first headache after the first try. NEVER had any issue at all after that. HOWEVER, if not mixing it works FOR YOU, then by all means, continue :yep:. I just dont want to have any side effects that I hear about.

pinkness27

I've been using MN, MT, and jbco for almost a month on my edges. Not really noticing anything. Hoping I will see a difference soon!

MystiqueBabe

Hi ladies I am going to start using the 2% cream today. I will be diluting mine with castor and olive oil and applying every other night. I will keep an update on my results.

shyekiera

I got braid two weeks ago and have been using it on one side to compare my growth....the side I applied the cream too does seen to have more growth

jprayze

Pics from MN usage...Just took pics this morning. Tomorrow will make 3 weeks of use. I'm happy with the progress that I made so far and plan to continue...:yep:

Attachments

• april 9.jpg
    april 9.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 178