My 1st Dominican Salon Visit + 1 yr progress pics

glam-

...well, maybe not quite 1yr- my true anniversary isn't for another 2 wks, but I figured this was close enough.

I went to a Dominican Salon for a wash and set this afternoon and I am loving how my hair feels. It is so silky- I didn't think my natural hair could feel this smooth and its so straight- but that dryer is HOT.

All in all, I am very happy with my 1 yr progress and so grateful that I found LHCF! Thanks y'all!!:grin:

(Sorry these pics are so huge, I can't figure out how to resize them in the post )

Feb 2 2007

Jan 16 2008

glam-

Very pretty!
How do you normally wear your hair?

I usually keep it clipped up or hidden under a quick weave. Sometimes I do wash and go's or pony tails. But I think I may start wearing it out more. I've been obsessed with protective styling this year. I've been working on my rollersetting :ohwell: and I will probably keep doing that and keep it clipped up most of the time.

HighlyFavored1

This is just amazing. You had wonderful growth in a year and your hair is so thick and healthy looking. I literally exclaimed Wow! when i saw the comparison. Great job!!!

bbdgirl

Wow congrats your hair is beautiful. that's really great progress. I hope I retain that much length at my 1 year anniv.

glam-

gRRRREAT Progress!!! Your hair is soooo beautiful! What is your regimen:detective:???
THank you- that is very kind.
As far as regimen-
I'm pretty much always protective styling and I hardly ever use heat. I moisturize daily and always apply Infusium leave-in after washes. I wash when I feel I need to- usually twice a week and I do CO washes way more often than shampoo washes. I mostly DC with heat at least once a week. I drink lots of water and I do take hair vitamins but I haven;t been faithful to one brand. Oh, and on LHCF I think it goes without saying that I always bun or braid my hair at night and sleep in a satin bonnet. That's it.