My Mini Braids (no extensions)- Pic Heavy!

beanie44

First thing I want to say your mini braids look great and the sections look so even and perfect, I have problems getting my parts straight even with a mirror.

I also get matted hair after my hair is in braids after about a month, co-washing more often sounds like the answer for me too.

I look forward to seeing a published book on the mini braids, I know you will have better ways for me to do them I need all the help I can get.

Thanks for tagging me on this topic and I look forward to your book.

kandiekj100

Gorgeous! My hair didn't look nearly as good as yours (low density) and they frizzed up after just a couple days with my first mini braid attempt. I ended up taking them down and doing loose twists. It's such a shame b/c I really love the idea of it and would totally rock them if they weren't so scalpy and if I could get some longetivity out of them.

nakialovesshoes

Thanks so much for the tag. I admired your hair from your 1st post. I don't know if I have enough length for them to look right at the present. How long was your hair in the 2009 pic if you can recall?

Please keep me in mind when your ebook is done. As someone mentioned above, I struggle with the parting aspect. I don't even know where to begin to have nice parts like you do. I'm adding your blog to my bloglovin list.

Love how you've added something new to the world of natural hair!

Vonnieluvs08

Lovely!! Great progress and congrats on the e-book!

I barely have the patience for mini-twist (8-10hrs) so I know mini-braids are not in my future. Well maybe one day...

manter26

Thanks so much for the tag. I admired your hair from your 1st post. I don't know if I have enough length for them to look right at the present. How long was your hair in the 2009 pic if you can recall?

Please keep me in mind when your ebook is done. As someone mentioned above, I struggle with the parting aspect. I don't even know where to begin to have nice parts like you do. I'm adding your blog to my bloglovin list.

Love how you've added something new to the world of natural hair!

Thanks! I guess my hair in the 2009 was a TWA. My last relaxer was March 2009 and I bc'd in August. It looks less than 3" in the pic.

afrofaithful

Your hair looks awesome! I love it. I would try but it would take so long and I don't think I have enough hair. I feel like I would finish and not like it and be stuck. Maybe one day...

LightEyedMami

You and your braids are soo pretty!....I'm currently wearing individual braids too, but i cant make them mni (for the sake of my sanity :lol:)

manter26

You and your hair are so cute! What is the difference between mini braids and micro braids?

Thank you. I've only seen "micro braids" in reference to extensions where there's a bunch of weave for an itty bitty piece of natural hair. I called these mini braids because most people are familiar with mini twists and these are about the same size as those.

BlackMasterPiece

I absolutely love it, they look gorgeous and really remind me of the set I did. I did mini braids on my natural hair 2 years ago and have wanted to do it in my hair again all year but just keep putting it off. I really might just go ahead and bite the bullet after seeing this. I really miss the ease of them. Mini braids are the only hassle free way to have wash and go hair with my hairtype and its a spectacular protective style I also love their staying power, they can last several months if I want them to. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

MrsMe

I love it! Your hair is growing nicely.
The nail fanatic in me wants to know the name of the blue nail polish you are wearing. :look:

Sent from my iPad using LHCF...if only it would stop correcting what I write.

msbettyboop

They look very nice and the bun is delicious. I wish I had the patience for this. They look like a great PS.

dyh080

There was a lady on youtube who had mini braid but her's were approximately 1/2 the width of yours. She took them down a few times a year using a straight pin.

Unfortunately she removed her video.

I like this style because you don't see many people wearing it.

Mz.MoMo5235

I love it!!! So pretty! I wish I had the patience to put those in... Well now I cant, but when I had hair I wish I had the patience lol

Mz.MoMo5235

I love it! Your hair is growing nicely.
The nail fanatic in me wants to know the name of the blue nail polish you are wearing. :look:

Sent from my iPad using LHCF...if only it would stop correcting what I write.

ME TOO!!!! :lachen:

10WordzOrLess

Oh word? You just gonna have growth AND thickness?

:lachen:

LadyPBC

Gorgeous - I'm really inspired by the progress you've made. I'd love to try it but I have fine hair and I'm afraid I'd be too scalpy. I'm hoping that I'll be convinced to give it a try after reading your eBook!