Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS....

Re: Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS...

westNDNbeauty I want to try this method but I worry that shampooing after the treatment will remove some of that rich moisture... Could the method be successful without the coating of coconut oil? I just don't want to do a serious deep conditioning and spend so much time washing out any possible build up thatthe EXTREME moisture is gone. Also, did you apply (the conditioner) to wet or dry hair?

Re: Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS...

@outspokenwallflower

the initial stages of deep conditioning started on dry hair. the shampoo I used was a moisturizing shampoo. actually it is the only shampoo i've ever used that felt like it was actually moisturizing. my hair was not stripped. i used the chi moisture therapy shampoo and followed with the thermal treatment found here.

you can avoid the coconut oil if you wish, but i personally notice there is a difference and i prefer to use coconut oil in my DC.

Im having such a hard time with my roots reverting...:nono:

BTW, I have had these silky, non reverting results without having to DC for too long using Mizani's Moisturfusion line. Now, let me be specific. Not the Milk Bath and Silk Creme conditioner that you can easily find in any BSS. Noooo, the Oil cleanser and Intense Moisture Concentrate in the tube (that the site has listed as professional use only) are the actual steps that make the difference. Use that oil as your first step and the intense moisture concentrate as your last, and your hair will be singing praises after being flat ironed. I remember using it for the first time (those two items with the basic shampoo and conditioner) and being floored at the results. Better than any dominican salon. But when I used the conditioner and shampoo without those prof. vials, it didn't even compare. So just so anyone is wondering, those vials are quick and instant ways to get amazing results. They're just INCREDIBLY hard to find and SO EXPENSIVE for so little. That's why I want to try this method :yep:

outspokenwallflower i've never used camellia oil. honestly, once i find something that works, i stop experimenting after that. im sure both of these oils have different properties. the only other oil that i know is similar to coconut oil is babasu.

Here's my latest flat ironing job (few more pics on my blog 11/19/12). Really wished I used more coconut oil and left the pre-poo on for a little longer.

west-straight-hair-fall2012-1.jpg

Beautiful! Doesn't look like you need anything else from my eyes.

westNDNbeauty I wish I lived near you....and that you could do my hair for me!

It looks absolutely beautiful! It looks so healthy and even.

This thread is going into my archive :)

nakialovesshoes steaming wasn't helpful for me at all. I actually reviewed the steamer on my blog and I tested its claims by how well my hair was able to be straightened. I tried it in many ways over 6 months (which is why the review is so long), but found it not to support the claims of moisturizing 5x better than conditioner alone.

Overnight deep conditioning remains the best deep conditioning of all time!

The owner of the company who recommended I get the appliance to eliminate the whole DC overnight jazz (after seeing one of my videos), tweeted something a year later which lead me to believe the steamer works best with damaged hair. I figured my hair was not damaged enough.

I ended up selling my steamer to a co-worker (with whom I provided full disclosure).

westNDNbeauty Hmmm...now that is interesting. What exactly did the owner say?

Oh, and your latest flat iron is fabulous. Would you say your hair has gotten thicker over time?

Last edited:

How long does this last?

@westNDNbeauty Hmmm...now that is interesting. What exactly did the owner say?

Oh, and your latest flat iron is fabulous. Would you say your hair has gotten thicker over time?

Can't remember exactly what he said but that was the gist of it. It was a tweet. Maybe someone may know a quick way to search someone's tweets. It was westNDNbeauty.

No I don't think my hair has gotten thicker at all.

I'm preparing to flat iron my hair today. I did the prepoo with coconut oil (overnight). Now, I'm about to wash with clarifying shampoo, and then DC (thinking about adding coconut oil and SAA to DC) for an hour (possibly under steamer). This time I will not use any Fermodyl 619 leave-in. I'm just going use my heat protectant (silk elements--all I have on hand) and nothing else. I haven't straightened my hair in about a year...hopefully this turns out well.

westNDNbeauty Have you ever tried adding SAA to your DC?

^^Yup westNDNbeauty It stands for Silk Amino Acids (a building block of protein).

Well I washed out the coconut oil prepoo, applied a DC (cream moisturizer, coconut oil, jojoba oil, SAA), sat under dryer for 20min, then left it in for MANY more hours (I had to leave the house unexpectedly).

So, now, I still have the DC mix in my hair, but I'm soooo sleepy. I just want to go to bed. The DC has already been in my hair (under showercap) for like 13 hours. :ohwell: Is it safe for me to go to bed with it on, or should I just wash it out? Also, if I wash it out, then what? I mean, I planned on flat ironing, but that is NOT happening tonight! :nono:

Incognitus oh ok. nope. never used it.

Hopefully you left the mixture in and are now flat ironing with awesome result!

BUMP! It's flat ironing season and I know someone may need the help of this thread.

I did the whole deep conditioning treatment, steamed and used the Chi infra treatment on my moms hair, then she decided NOT to flat iron??! What? I guess she fell back in love with her curls!

This worked for me. My crappy cell phone pics didn't do the flat iron job justice. I only used one pass and used a little creme press on it. I tried some areas without the creme press and found I actually didn't need it.

I'm relaxed and this method is awesome! I could never straighten my ng fully and my hair never had swang like when I go to the shop. I made sure that I slept overnight in my dc and I washed my hair like 3 times because I was afraid I'd have evco in my hair.
I let my hair air dry before blow drying and my hair was light and really fluffy just with air drying.
It's like every step of doing my hair was 100 times better because my ng was so soft.
I've been on a hj for awhile now and could never get my flat ironed hair to look really good. This dc, overnight, really is a game changer.

Last edited:
Back