Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS....

Re: Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS...

Can't wait to try this method when I straighten my hair.

Re: Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS...

texasqt Ballerina_Bun 05girl

You realize it is not the Nioxin that gave me the results you see right?

I would also suggest something like infusium 23 to blow dry your hair with.

Just make sure your deep condition WELL!

I suppose I am lost then. Are you saying it's all about moisturizing method that helps combat reversion?

I just did my big chop on the 15th of October. I decided to try your straightening method on my shorter hair and it worked perfectly. I love my hair!!!! I used Giovanni Deep Moisturizing Conditioner overnight. I shampooed this morning and conditioned again (but only about 10 minutes this time). I then applied Giovanni Deep Moisturizing Leave In Conditioner. I dried the hair with a hand dryer. I then applied CHI heat protector and flat ironed. I did not have any shedding at all!! I love that it is bouncy and silky soft. Thanks so very much for this thread!!

westNDNbeauty KNOWS what she is talking about. I followed her recommendations and my flat ironing results were the BEST I have ever had in my life! This includes salon visits. My hair was soft, bouncy, and seemed to never revert. It stayed straight for quite some time.

SN: westNDNbeauty While you hair is straightened (via flat iron) what type of leave-ins are you using and how often are you applying them. When I flat ironed, I only used jojoba oil because I was afraid of how my hair would react to anything else.

Incognitus I'm glad this worked for you. How long did you leave the conditioner in for? What conditioner did you use?

While my hair is straight I really don't use any leave ins, I pretty much stick with oils (jojoba or argan). I use them sparingly because, for me, when my hair is straight the natural oils my hair produces is able to travel down my strands pretty easily so my hair is never dry, just very silky.

I also think my conditioners do such a good job that the moisture from those treatments remain throughout the week.

I've got to try this again because it really didn't work for me. My hair still reverted.

@Incognitus I'm glad this worked for you. How long did you leave the conditioner in for? What conditioner did you use?

While my hair is straight I really don't use any leave ins, I pretty much stick with oils (jojoba or argan). I use them sparingly because, for me, when my hair is straight the natural oils my hair produces is able to travel down my strands pretty easily so my hair is never dry, just very silky.

I also think my conditioners do such a good job that the moisture from those treatments remain throughout the week.

westNDNbeauty I did the following:

DC with Giovanni SAS conditioner (3hrs--kinda forgot it, lol)
2 or 3 days later, DC wit Aubrey Organics HSR (overnight)
After washing out the Aubrey Org, I added Roux Fermodyl 619 as a leave-in (used very little)
Used silk elements heat protectant (small amount) and flat ironed.

I might have rollerset (airdry) after applying the Fermodyl, but I cannot recall (I did this several months ago).

SN: How long do you keep your hair straight after you flat iron?

westNDNbeauty omg you might have figured out why my straightened hair = frizzy, hard,helmet hair
Thx so much I will report back once I straighten my hair again

Goodness, your flat irnoning is FIERCE. Simply Gorgeous.

@westNDNbeauty I did the following:

DC with Giovanni SAS conditioner (3hrs--kinda forgot it, lol)
2 or 3 days later, DC wit Aubrey Organics HSR (overnight)
After washing out the Aubrey Org, I added Roux Fermodyl 619 as a leave-in (used very little)
Used silk elements heat protectant (small amount) and flat ironed.

I might have rollerset (airdry) after applying the Fermodyl, but I cannot recall (I did this several months ago).

SN: How long do you keep your hair straight after you flat iron?

Incognitus I keep my hair straight typically about 2 weeks. Beyond that I'll be begging for my kinks to come back. But I absolutely can keep my hair straight until the next time water hits it.

westNDNbeauty or anyone else....

Ok, now I have 2 issues:

1) I can get my hair silky straight, but it has no swang or bounce...actually, a bit lifeless. How can I get that bouncy effect?

2)Why do I sometimes get the "flat ironed" smell and how can I prevent it?

westNDNbeauty After DC and wash, I apply a little of the Fermodyl 619 leave-in vial and rollerset to air dry. Then, I add a little Silk Elements heat protectant before I flat iron.

Incognitus

I'm not familiar with the leave in you use. It seems that you are trying to reduce direct heat, but have you tried blow drying your hair?

Also, the burnt hair smell is usually as a result of too much product being on the hair when it encounters heat.

When I began using the intense conditioning moisture method, the burnt hair smell went away. Know the only product used on my hair after deep conditioning was Nixoin Thermal Bliss (while blow drying).

Very nice flat iron job the pj in me is reaching for the nioxin

Just did this tonite using SD vanilla silk as my conditioner. 1 hr w my heat cap and 2 hrs with my plastic cap. Then I shampoo'd with one n only moisture repair shampoo and did a quick condish with kerapro restorative treatment. Towel dried for about 20 mins. Used redken smooth heat glide and blow dried with my comb dryer. Then flat ironed using the comb chase method. This is the best flat iron I have EVER done. So happy that I did this. Next tem I'm gonna leave the condish on for longer but I didn't feel like waiting and I had class in the morning. I'm vverrryyy happy with the results and I'm a relaxed head. Thanks westNDNbeauty

I've have been using this method for about the last week and half. I am transitioning. My hair has felt great after the DC's. I've been flat twisting it and air drying.

Today I flat ironed it with about 1/2inch or so of new growth and my hair hasn't looked this great in awhile.

After a clarifying shampoo, I based my scalp with olive oil and slathered LekIr cholesterol on strands like a perm application. Left on without heat for about an hour. Washed. Towel dry some. Sprayed UBH Dew on hair then worked FHI hit sauce heat protectant on roots and hair. Detangled and separated in 4sections. I clamped a duck clip on end of each section to stretch and add tension and sat under bonnet for 30 min. Then I flat ironed with FHI ( I didn't Add any additional products). I loved the results:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-383595900.jpg
    image-383595900.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 143
  • image-3612445920.jpg
    image-3612445920.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 128
  • image-1725471271.jpg
    image-1725471271.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 136
  • image-593600407.jpg
    image-593600407.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 129
  • image-3899172599.jpg
    image-3899172599.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Deep conditioning treatments are absolutely the key to beautifully straightened hair :)

Wow. Thanks for posting! That's a MAJOR difference in the outcome of your flat-ironed hair. I'll keep your advice in mind and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize whenever I intend to flatiron.

ive tried so many times no matter what i do i end up with frizzy hard ends:(

This makes perfect sense to me. I wonder is this why alot of the salons that cater to straight naturals like to steam 1st. westNDNbeauty - do you think the steam treatment is helpful?

nakialovesshoes steaming wasn't helpful for me at all. I actually reviewed the steamer on my blog and I tested its claims by how well my hair was able to be straightened. I tried it in many ways over 6 months (which is why the review is so long), but found it not to support the claims of moisturizing 5x better than conditioner alone.

Overnight deep conditioning remains the best deep conditioning of all time!

The owner of the company who recommended I get the appliance to eliminate the whole DC overnight jazz (after seeing one of my videos), tweeted something a year later which lead me to believe the steamer works best with damaged hair. I figured my hair was not damaged enough.

I ended up selling my steamer to a co-worker (with whom I provided full disclosure).

What brand is the "platform"? Is that a FYI FLAT IRON too?

I am so looking forward to trying this method this weekend!

Back