New book from one of our own!!

Sistaslick

Aww! Thanks everyone! I am super nervous and excited as well!

You guys will also be surprised to hear that another Nikos cousin wrote the foreword for The Science of Black Hair-- none other than Ms. macherieamour (Thanks Macherie :clap:)

I am also really excited about the smartphone feature in the book as well. This really makes it a living, talking book-- and the encoded message can change as often as needed without having to get a new copy. Once you have it, you have me basically. :lol: It's really cool.

So look out for it! It'll be about 2 weeks as Nix said. Thanks ladies for your support. Also, once you get it, please let me know how you like the book-- if you have any suggestions or questions/comments, etc. I'd love to hear how it can be improved in the future.

If you require translation, drop me a line and let me know the languages you'd be interested in reading The Science of Black Hair in. We plan to do translations in order or demand. Thanks!

Check it out!

Sistaslick

Hey guys! :wave: I wanted to let you guys know that The Science of Black Hair is now available at Barnes & Noble.com. It will be on Amazon in a few more weeks.

You can also special order the book in any brick & mortar book store at the counter. You should see 3 versions of the book on Barnes & Noble today- 1 in hardcover (professional/special edition color) and 2 in paperback in either black/white OR full color (professional/special edition). The 4th version of the book (hardcover in black/white) will also be available this week- but isn't listed just yet. So in total there are 4 versions of the book depending on your preference.

Thanks again everyone for your support!:yay:

And of course, let me know what you think!

mscocoface

Sounds like this book would be good for cosmetology schools to help build their section in dealing with black hair care. Don't get me started.

Congrats.

LushLox

Wow great news and congratulations sistaslick! I'll have to wait until it comes to Amazon though.

PJaye

This will be my first haircare book purchase; one for me and one to give as a gift. I am so happy for you, and I wish you much success!

Sistaslick

Okay guys- wanted to update you:wave:

The Science of Black Hair is now on available on Amazon.com- Click Here and Amazon UK!!!!!!! The UK site is taking a minute to get straight, but everything should be okay by week's end.

:club:

Check it out! Tell a friend! And be sure to leave feedback once you've had a chance to get comfy with it. :grouphug:

Eisani

YES!! One of the people I cite as both inspiration and a great source of information when I first started my hhj. I wish you much success with the book and your future endeavors. I think what you're doing is wonderful!

Sistaslick

YES!! One of the people I cite as both inspiration and a great source of information when I first started my hhj. I wish you much success with the book and your future endeavors. I think what you're doing is wonderful!

Aww! Thanks Eisani, this means a lot. (((hugs)))

LABETT

CONGRATS! SISTASLICK, Your post and threads on the board has help many ladies including myself with our haircare journey.
I got the courage to start self relaxing because of your article.

temfash

Ordered my copy.......Now I can carry Sistaslicks haircare knowledge around with me anytime LOL :afro:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Yayyyyy congrats S. Slick. I know I've been away too long, I just found out that you went natural. Off to explore SBH.

Sistaslick

CONGRATS! SISTASLICK, Your post and threads on the board has help many ladies including myself with our haircare journey.
I got the courage to start self relaxing because of your article.

aww! Thanks Labett!!!! and Tem!

Yes Luving! I BC'd on New Years!:yep:

mzsophisticated26

I will be buying one from barnes and nobles. I love her Articles, I always forward them to my friends who ask about haircare because most dont like to visit forums and she explains everything so they could understand without forum jargon.