New color and bootcamp plans(& paging OnlyErin)

Tracy

TsAngel,

Girl good looking out. I AM doing most of this stuff! I just need more moisture and a fresh relaxer and color I think.

I have some goodies for my relaxer next week and I'll see what my hair's doing after that. As it turns out it's lightened a little too much and I'm going to redden it some.

Thanks for the bump..

ccd

Re: New color and bootcamp plans(& paging Tracy:)

Tracy, What have you been doing since you went darker?? are you or anyone else doing this?

I plan to since I got daring recently...so far I've done a cholestral treatment (2nd week), regular deep condition 3rd), this week a pretreatment, garlic shampoo, protein and moisture

Tracy

Same regime love...

Just because my hair is dark doesn't mean it's not colored...I take care of my hair just as if it WERE the same light color it was before - because it still is underneath.

I maintain my same regime - with whatever tweakage (more moisture/more protein) depnding on how my hair feels. If it feels crispy a nd rough I give it moisture. If it feels soft and seems a little gummy when wet, I give it some protein.

chocolate01

Tracy I have a question for you or anyone else that can answer. A couple of posts back you mention that you use Infusium 23 power pac as one of your creamy protein conditioners, now i've been using power pac and motions cpr which I know is also a mild protein conditioner. I was using the cpr followed by the power pac which i thought was a moisturizing conditioner. I've been having some hair issuses recently and am trying to pinpoint what the culprit might be. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Tracy

No no no...

I would consider CPR and Infusium t o be the same level of protein conditioner. I hear tell CPR has no protein in it, but my understanding is that CPR behaves quite like a protein conditioner.

I think the problem is using them together. Power Pac claims to be moisturizing but the bulk of Infusium products have some level of protein. It may moisturize TOO but I use when I need protein - not mositure.

Try a good moisturizing standby after each for better results.

Better yet - lay off them both for a while and see how that works. You may have a little protein overload sybdrome going on.

Hair feeling brittle? A little crispy? A little flyaway? Getting some minor breakage? That's protein overload.

chocolate01

Thanks Tracy, i'll lay off them both and see what happens. My hair has been thinning a lot in the front, I have a doctors appt. but i'll take your advice and stop using them for a while. Thank again

Tracy

Thinning...?

Hm.

How are you wearing it daily? Stylewise...

Now I'm worried.
That doesn't sound like protein issues....

chocolate01

usually I wear my hair down, I was big into ponytails a while ago but dont do that too much. At night I pull my hair loosely into a ponytail with curlers on the end and tie my hair with a silk scarf. I used to wrap my hair everynight but have since stopped and i've also stopped using heat as much especially around the front of my head. I used to wear headbands but haven't dont that in a while either.

Tracy

yeah none of that sounds like a problem chocolate....
And if it was, I'd think you'd have noticed it WHEN it was a problem...

I wonder what could be wrong?

Please let us know what your doc says, ok...

I'm really worried.

aprilbiz

Tracy congrats on your successful color! I see I'm going to catch the color bug from you! How dark was your hair before you colored it this time? My hair is dark brown now, and I'm wanting a sandy brown color that I can eventually put a few more highlights in. I'm wondering if T&T Lightest Blonde will be too light?

I used to use a permanent dark brown/natural black on my hair but I haven't done so in probably a year, so I've got about 6 inches of my natural dark brown hair color with another 6" of hair that was colored. Looking at my hair under the light, it looks like a brown with reddish tones.

I know it's hard to give suggestions without seeing my hair, but anything you can offer would be great. I think you said you used a light blonde in the T&T before. What color did your hair turn out?

TsAngel

[ QUOTE ]
aprilbiz said:
Tracy congrats on your successful color! I see I'm going to catch the color bug from you! How dark was your hair before you colored it this time? My hair is dark brown now, and I'm wanting a sandy brown color that I can eventually put a few more highlights in. I'm wondering if T&T Lightest Blonde will be too light?

I used to use a permanent dark brown/natural black on my hair but I haven't done so in probably a year, so I've got about 6 inches of my natural dark brown hair color with another 6" of hair that was colored. Looking at my hair under the light, it looks like a brown with reddish tones.

I know it's hard to give suggestions without seeing my hair, but anything you can offer would be great. I think you said you used a light blonde in the T&T before. What color did your hair turn out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just Hilighted my hair with T&T 7G-lightest blonde and these are the best ones that I've done ever. My natural hair color is sandy brown. It just turned out great.

Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
aprilbiz said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry April - I missed this post....

I used T&T lightest blond yes and it qwas quite light....but you're going to have to make sure you process those ends first. They may not lift easily if there's black color in them. You could use the Lightest Blond - but I you'll have to be really careful and watch it as it lifts so that you rinse it out as SOON as it begins to be the right color. It would be hard. I'd leave it to a stylist if you've never lioghtened your hair before.

Chaya

Hey...Tracy....psst....

Word on the street says you're the color Guru...Any truth to that?

I gotta color question for ya! I want to know how often it is safe to use a color rinse. I used Clairol Beautiful COllection in honey brown two weeks ago ( right after my relaxer) and it looked so pretty over my highlights.It kinda toned em down. Is it safe to use them again. Its been two weeks and it rinsed out that fast. Anyways would like to know if you know anything about this. Gracias Chica!

aprilbiz

Thanks Tracy! I have lightened my hair quite a few times, but recently my hair has been hard to relax and color... I have been taking medication though so that has to have something to do with it...

I might still go to a salon because I've lost my confidence in coloring my hair. I used to do a very good job, but not lately.

Tracy

Chaya - with the exception of Jazzing I'd say, you could use most rinses as often as once every 2 or 3 weeks if you wanted to. As long as there's no ammonia and no peroxide in it there's nothing to worry about.
Just make sure you condition your hair well between applications, and particularly jsut before the application....some of them seal the cuticle (a good thing) for a few washes and you want to make sure the hair is well conditioned just in case the conditioner is getting "locked out" in the ensuing washes after an application.

Not a guru, Mija...just a daredevil...so I've done it all and lived to tell the story....

Tracy

April...if you lightened your hair before then you maybe able to try it at home. But finisht he medications you're taking first - color is SO chemically driven and that could throw the whole thing off.

I don't mean to sound like a stylist is a "shoe in" for a good result either! If you've lightened you hair yourself you can at least take a shot, because the likelihood THEY will screw it up is actually greater to me unless you KNOW you have a good colorist.

Finish those meds though - when you're ready we'll go tete-a-tete about it.

Honi

There is no board.
Tracy,

Everytime I see your color posts I jump on them. You are the color guru for real though! I can’t wait to see your new T&T pics!!!! One day I’m going to make the plunge and do a semi. I’ll have plenty of questions to ask ya then.

I’m so excited for you!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
shelli4018 said:
I jusy went natural and need a lil' sumthin' to jazz up my look. Anyone here in the same boat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shelli,
Unless I'm mistaking you with someone else, isn't your hair already a sandy brown/blondish color??? It's so pretty -- what else could you possibly do to jazz it up??!!

ccd

Re: New color and bootcamp plans(& paging OnlyErin

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
shelli4018 said:
I jusy went natural and need a lil' sumthin' to jazz up my look. Anyone here in the same boat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shelli,
Unless I'm mistaking you with someone else, isn't your hair already a sandy brown/blondish color??? It's so pretty -- what else could you possibly do to jazz it up??!!

[/ QUOTE ]

so true
try a clear shine or one of their gold tone shines ( honey wheat, glorious gold or ginger)
http://www.clockwork.ndirect.co.uk/seb_res/Hair/clrgld.htm

shelli4018

Yes, it is sandy brown/blonde. But it gets kind of dull in the winter. Plus, I have a lot less hair now that I've done the Big Chop.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
shelli4018 said:
Yes, it is sandy brown/blonde. But it gets kind of dull in the winter. Plus, I have a lot less hair now that I've done the Big Chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did the Big Chop??!!!
Congratulations!!
You could do a Sebastians Colourshines rinse in a blonde, or even in a copper or reddish tone, for a nice change.
You're lucky -- since your hair is naturally light, you have A LOT of options!!

shelli4018

Thanks. I'm still adjusting to my hair. It's really thick, coily and strong. I don't even know if semi-permanent color will take on my hair. But I do want to try something that's feminine and natural, doesn't make me look washed out, and will look good when the weather warms up.

Tracy

I agree ccd.
Ginger, in a particular, would be so pretty on light brown hair.

Honi - the original post was from last year when I originally did T&T for the first time and the psot was resurrected.
Makes me very nostalgic...

But I have to chill for a while. My album documents my color journey in pretty much chrono order. My hair is still a Morticia dark color...well - it's not so bad. But it's not my fav. Gotta give it a rest though.

Tracy

I say go with a reddish color from Clairol Natural Instincts then Shelli. You'll get a nice color with no damage and it will definitely "take".

aprilbiz

[ QUOTE ]
shelli4018 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Shelli...you have the color I want! I love it... I know it's growing out, but that's the sandy brown w/blonde I'm looking for. I've had that color once and I got it by accident.

What did you use to achieve this color? I'll recheck this thread in case you already said...

shelli4018

My hair is natural. I don't have any haircolor in it now. But I have experimented with rinses and semi-perm colors from Clairol. The last color I used was Natural Instincts Sahara Light Blonde. It showed up better when I was relaxed.

aprilbiz

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
April...if you lightened your hair before then you maybe able to try it at home. But finisht he medications you're taking first - color is SO chemically driven and that could throw the whole thing off.

I don't mean to sound like a stylist is a "shoe in" for a good result either! If you've lightened you hair yourself you can at least take a shot, because the likelihood THEY will screw it up is actually greater to me unless you KNOW you have a good colorist.

Finish those meds though - when you're ready we'll go tete-a-tete about it.

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks Tracy! I'll probably get the nerve to do it myself soon because I don't know anyone good.