New Year No Buy Challenge-April 2024

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I don't want to buy anything anymore. I've lost my zest for trying products. I just want to focus on using what I have and then I'm going to switch over to using all cheap proclaim products from sallys.

CoiledOrchids

My mom’s bday is tomorrow and I have no idea what to get her. She has locs, but she rarely does her own hair anymore. Maybe I’ll get perfume and other things to make a basket.
I think a basket is a great idea! you can fill it with stuff she likes and maybe since she has locs get her some cute loc jewelry! now that I think about it, mother's day is coming up and I may do something similar for my mom, we recently lost my grandma last month unexpectedly so this is her first mother's day without her mom and I wanted to do something nice for her

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
First of all why is this month going so fast? Slow tf down April. My daughter’s bday is the end of the month and I’m letting her get a Dominican blowout for the first time. I don’t remember when we big chopped, but she has about 5-6 inches of hair all over.

And why is it cold and raining? Earth is so ghetto sometimes.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I am a bit tempted to buy a blue wetline gel to see how it compares to the clear jars I have. Otherwise, I haven't been tempted to buy anything else. except maybe a few ponytails but I'm saving up for those

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I really have to work on time management. My budget and spending are coming together. It’s Saturday and I still haven’t got my baby’s Easter dress or the stuff to cook dinner.

After I leave the salon I have to go straight to work until 10. I need a husband. Days like this make me feel it.

Day 8 and I haven’t bought anything!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am a bit tempted to buy a blue wetline gel to see how it compares to the clear jars I have. Otherwise, I haven't been tempted to buy anything else. except maybe a few ponytails but I'm saving up for those
Are you talking about the human ones? Those are pricy. I want to try seamless clip ins or tape ins, but those are like $200 and up.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ok y’all I’m doing great with not buying beauty products, however, I need an Uber Eats challenge. I might spend more on that app than on actual groceries :(

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I used my pass to buy some gel and a bun maker. I'm done for the month. I want a few things but I'm trying to wait until June

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Still have not purchased any hair items. I have started back doing pre-poos so a lot of conditioner and oil is going out as well.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair dirty af, but I’m busy busy until Saturday. I might just wait until my Saturday appt at 8.

I need an intervention on my spending. Good Lort. All the takeout, I have 2 of my kids bdays in the next 2 weeks. I need a winning lotto ticket immediately.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I don’t remember if I used my pass this month. That K18 leave in is begging me to hit checkout. I have to wait until payday though. It’s expensive. $29 for 15ml

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I honestly think those bond building products are a waste of money if your hair isn’t seriously damaged by heat or color
I get a biweekly Dominican blowout and she did a demipermanent color. I have some damage and a few splits. I just want to strengthen my strands a bit. My 4b strands appear strong, but I feel like my hair type is the most fragile of them all.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I didn't buy anything lately this month but i'm planning on getting more hair clips when I use my pass. I did go and get my locs washed, retwisted and styled yesterday. They look so cute!

quickly approaching 2 months loc'd: April 25, 2023
That time seems to fly right? It’s like dang I need a retwist already?!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Wow. We only have about a week left. I’m still good on products. I have to re iron a wrinkled part in the front of my head. Then I’ll moisturize and keep wrapping nightly. I find that over time my scalp produces oil and my hair gets really heavy. I may need to start doing weekly washes. I’m currently on a biweekly schedule.

I could prepoo/growth oil, shampoo and dc one week, then go to the salon the next week. I’ll try the new schedule this weekend.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Fellow-Sista'-PJ's!:hiya:

Missed you Ladies!:love:

I'm finishing up my Great Room "Makeover" UGH the :twocents: that were spent on that 'spontaneous' project.:look:

Haven't thought about buying any Hair Products. However, M-Day Sales are fast approaching.

I did finally manage to send that Box to another member.
It's cost me $49 but it was worth it to get it out of my Garage. I will be sending her another box, once I find one large enough.:dighole:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Hey Fellow-Sista'-PJ's!:hiya:

Missed you Ladies!:love:

I'm finishing up my Great Room "Makeover" UGH the :twocents: that were spent on that 'spontaneous' project.:look:

Haven't thought about buying any Hair Products. However, M-Day Sales are fast approaching.

I did finally manage to send that Box to another member.
It's cost me $49 but it was worth it to get it out of my Garage. I will be sending her another box, once I find one large enough.:dighole:
I’d like to take on a project like that in the near future. I definitely need to clean, organize and declutter first. I have my Amazon wish list filled up and ready to go lol

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My daughter’s birthday is tomorrow (11) and my son’s is Monday (15). Between the parties, gifts and decor I won’t even have time to think about hair products. Baby girl wants to get her hair straightened for her bday too. Her tomboy ways will have it sweated out in 24 hours though :(

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I was tempted to sell my stash but I got myself into this mess, I will use product until I get out. I have 2 purchases I want left but I went through my stash and will be using different combos in order to use up product.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Tomorrow is May 1st (my son’s bday). This year is going by so fast. I started cleaning and organizing my room today. I’ll start spending 15 minutes minimum a day doing this until everything has a place.

I found some hair stuff while I was organizing. I used the clips I found to wrap my daughter’s hair. She has her own little beauty bag for her cap, clips, hair pins, etc. She better keep up with it too.