New Year No Buy Challenge-April 2024

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm doing great even though I want to buy some oil. However, I photographed my entire collection at the beginning of the year and know I can wait.
Oil is the one thing I have plenty of. I use oil so sparingly. Maybe that’s why. I have a ton of essential oils as well.

I seriously don’t see myself buying any hair products until my bday in June. Wish me luck y’all!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ok I found a must have product. The K18 biometric mask (leave in). It claims to repair damage in 4 minutes. It’s Tiktok worthy and there’s a thread dedicated to it. At $29 for the small bottle, I may give it a try. I’ll have my man buy it for me since it’s our anniversary.

I’m not concerned about it reversing my keratin or hair botox treatments. All the reviews I read said that it left hair feeling extremely soft and didn’t affect the curl pattern at all.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I hate that all my Facebook ads are wigs… I saw the prettiest ginger/chocolate unit, but nope. I have goals.

My job hadn’t been taking my insurance premiums so I’ll be bringing home $400 less monthly until I get caught up. This was a step in the wrong direction. On the bright side: I got a date for my tax refund. I feel like the day your taxes drop you can ball out and buy as much hair stuff as your heart desires lol. After that it’s back to business as usual.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ok so I found a cheaper bond builder product. $16 for travel size. It’s IGK Antisocial hair spray. It’s a finishing spray that repairs hair overnight. I have to see what the hype is about. Tax day can’t come fast enough. 3 more days!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Hey ladies. I saw a video yesterday where a woman kept her silk press bouncy by putting a single flexirod at the top of her head and rolling it. I tried it last night and wow! I want to buy the next size flexirod so that it’s a looser curl, but I’m impressed.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hey ladies. I saw a video yesterday where a woman kept her silk press bouncy by putting a single flexirod at the top of her head and rolling it. I tried it last night and wow! I want to buy the next size flexirod so that it’s a looser curl, but I’m impressed.
link? I want easy ways to keep my silk press when I finally do my length reveal:gorgeous:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I haven’t used my pass yet. I have those jumbo flexi rods in my Amazon cart. I may as well get them… I got a Falscara starter kit today for free. I combined a coupon with extra bucks at CVS.

Idk which store I love more; CVS or Amazon.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I purchased a smooth moisture luxury and smoothing crème and proclaim olive oil glossing polish. I plan on straightening my hair for an event. I used 2 coupons on it for a steal. I just want some duo Tex when I finish with my Redken pre poos but other than that I’m done.
I will start with doing a no buy for march which means I will probably sit the international beauty show out :(

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ummmm. I haven’t bought anything hair related all month. Yay! I got a section at this place to see Jaqueese though and spent a lot. So yeah. This no buy will continue. I spent all my hair coins on Casamigos

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This no buy is showing me that I didn’t have the extra money to spend in the first place. I was using plastic. I haven’t charged anything all year! I’m trying to keep that same energy until an emergency situation happens. Paying these cards tf down is still the goal.

My lowest card has $166 on it. I’ll make it zero next month.
Sheesh. The plastic got out of control in January. I will not charge anything else this year :/

CoiledOrchids

i got my locs done on 2/25. The only product I use now is the ORS oil sheen with coconut oil, which was bought that same saturday. I spent $6.

Locs are so simple! I did go smaller than what I originally wanted but I love my small locs!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
i got my locs done on 2/25. The only product I use now is the ORS oil sheen with coconut oil, which was bought that same saturday. I spent $6.

Locs are so simple! I did go smaller than what I originally wanted but I love my small locs!
Pics? I want to see how I’d look with them so I’m thinking of faux locs…

CoiledOrchids

Attachments

• Resize_20230301_162309_9385.jpg
    Resize_20230301_162309_9385.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Resize_20230301_162309_9676.jpg
    Resize_20230301_162309_9676.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Resize_20230301_162309_9904.jpg
    Resize_20230301_162309_9904.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Resize_20230301_162308_8865.jpg