ORS olive oil relaxer. yay or nay?

ORS olive oil relaxer

• Total voters

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Even though I'm natural, ORS relaxer was the last relaxer I used on my hair. I must say it was the BEST! I give it two thumbs up. :up: :up:

Ladylynn

Me too, I absolutely love it. It's the only relaxer that straightens my 4b hair and doesn't dry it out.

MissFallon

Its great and very moisturizing. It didn't dry my hair out like that damn Dark and Lovely I used today. It leaves your hair soft, straight and beautiful.

nikki86

i put my whole family on the ors bandwagon.... so yay for me

i think its better than motions which leaves my hair and my mommy's hair extra dry

it will definatly be the next relaxer i put in oct '07

HoneyDew

It does not get my hair straight within the time suggested and the kit does not include enough shampoo for me. I can deal with the shampoo because i can buy extra, but it is worse that it does not straighten my hair.

Last edited:

neonbright

With thin hair that is soft both my mom and I say yeah... It is like a cheap relaxer back in the days and my hair is too soft... Not for soft thin hair people...

KhandiB

I feel the same way..

ALthough I give it a YAY for the way it makes my hair feel afterwards..

I am contemplating processing it longer if I try it again...

HoneyDew said:
It does not get my hair straight within the time suggested and the kit does not include enough shampoo for me. I can deal with the shampoo because i can buy extra, but it is worse that it does not straighten my hair.

Have any of you used this relaxer with good results and also been a person that in the past needs a lye-relaxer in order to get hair that is not underprocessed and DRY?

Niara

YAY!!!

I have fine 4A hair and this left my hair soft, straight but with body. Usually after I relax my hair, its kinda limp and takes about 2 weeks for the fullness to return. My hair is fullll and sooo soft. I can't stop touching it! BTW, I added about two tablespoons of EVOO to the mixture. I *heart* ORS Relaxer.

divinefavor

Niara said:
YAY!!!

I have fine 4A hair and this left my hair soft, straight but with body. Usually after I relax my hair, its kinda limp and takes about 2 weeks for the fullness to return. My hair is fullll and sooo soft. I can't stop touching it! BTW, I added about two tablespoons of EVOO to the mixture. I *heart* ORS Relaxer.

Same here! I have 4A fine hair and the ORS Relaxer does the same for me! So I would say YAY!

nicki6

I voted 'yay' I used this relaxer for the first time on Thursday and I was very pleased:D

1) I have a sensitive scalp and only had one minor burn in the back. That was due to me scratching there beforehand.

2) I used the Normal formula and left it on much longer than I was supposed to (40mins) :eek:, but it got my hair 'bone straight' which is NOT easy to do:wink2:

3) I didn't care for the shampoo that much because my hair felt 'gooey" once I applied it. I got a lil scared because the odor the of the relaxer got STRONGER as I shampooed. Due to this, I grabbed my Affirm 5 in 1 reconstructor and left it on for 15mins as insurance that the relaxer was neutralized.

4)I really :love: the replenishing pak. It gave my hair great shine and it seemed stronger.

I blowdried after applying the hair oil and the shedding was MINIMAL. This is HUGE for me as I shed a LOT!!!

I was a Soft and Beautiful girl...now its ORS all the way!!:thumbsup:

comike

It left my 4a very, very thick hair really straight. When I first saw the neutralizing shampoo pack, I thought that it wouldn't be enough for 3 washes (I wash 3x to remove all of the relaxer) but it was actually just enough....and my hair is pretty thick. I think I usually overdo it with the amount of shampoo I normally use anyway. My hair was not only straighter than usual, but soft and bouncy, and not dry at all.

infojunkie

I vote Yay!!!!! I used ORS for the first time on 5/15/06 and I'm a stretcher to the 10th power. My hair is still gorgeous and I've never used a perm that left my hair so silky during the rinse. I just couldn't stop touching my hair! I only tried ORS because I couldn't afford to buy Phytorelaxer, which I've been dying to try.

Now, I don't have to use anything but ORS. I even turned my best girlfriend onto it and she's super finicky about what she puts in her hair. Now she uses the entire line of ORS products.

Princess Pie

I love this relaxer. I used it a couple of weeks ago, and it got my 4a/b hair almost straight (it's very slightly underprocessed, but I'm liking it that way). Before I was using Phyto, and having major problems with dryness and neutralizing. This relaxer solved my problems, plus it's cheaper and more widely available. After using it, my hair was soooo soft and full of body.

GinnyP

Thanks everyone that recommened this relaxer it was so easy to use. I left it on my 4a for 15 minutes a little unprocessed in the back, but I loved the way my hair feels today, I love this stuff. I will use it again. Oh yea I had so much left over.

SHAWN30

This is a very good relaxer. I switched my neice to this from the Affrim. It lasted longer and was not as drying.

jwilso22

I voted YAY!!. This relaxer is the bomb, it got my hair soft and straight with minimal shedding. I just used it last week and I'm tempted to wear my hair down again, I got so many compliments. I've got my mom and sister hooked.

trinidarkie1

I voted YAY as well. I reiterate all the positives
- the soft hair
- no burns
- well processed
- just a plain great feeling!