ORS olive oil relaxer. yay or nay?

ORS olive oil relaxer

• Total voters

texasqt

I just wasshed out the ORS Relaxer a few minutes ago and so far so good!!!
My sister used this on my hair sometime earlier this year and I was able to do my first mini-stretch (as compared to others) for 8 weeks with no problems. I switched back to my old no-lye relaxer after that and that only got me thru 5 weeks. It's a winner in my book!!!

Blessedhairgro

Yay!!!!!!!! Best relaxer I ever used! It gets my 4A hair nice and straight and the shine is amazing. Like someone said earlier, you can stretch quite a while with this one. I am 10 weeks post stretching to 12 weeks. I was a Soft and Beautiful user for years but I've been using this relaxer for over a year and it is the only one for me :D

motherx2esq

I have really thick hair and it got mine really straight and I air dry! I have use every relaxer in the book in my 23 years of relaxing. Yes, 23 years and I am only 28! lol But I love the way my hair feels after this relaxer. It is very straight and still has body!

prettywhitty

I just did a corrective with ORS and I am so pleased! My hair is so smooth and silky! I did a rollerset afterwards and I just love it. I left it in for 30 min total. I did not burn at all!:dance7:

CoCoGirl821

I love ORS relaxer. I used to use the normal strength and my hair was always really straight. Maybe I kept it on too long. The last time I relaxed with phyto and let me say i wasn't impressed. My hair was underprocessed, however the conditioner was GREAT. ANYWAY, I would recommend ORS anyday, and I will be going back to my old faithfull when its time for a touch-up!

AKA-Tude

Definite YAY!!!

I was skeptical about this, but I must say tis is a pretty good product.

I pre- oiled scalp, mixed 3 oils into the relaxer itself, applied, smoothed (which is unusual bcuz I BURN!), rinsed, conitioned, neutralized, conditioned again, etc.

VERY NICE RESULTS- smooth, straight, shiny!

ak46

The BEST relaxer I've ever used. I LOVE IT!! It actually made my hair look like the lady's on the box!:eek: I definitely give it a YAY!:grin:

sxyhairfetish

YAY YAY andd more YAY!

I just used it this October and I am soooo satisfied. I used the super and it worked so well. The replenishing pack works wonders and the relaxer not drying at all! I have found my staple relaxer. It left my hair shiny and silky as well and my friends could not keep their damn hands out of my hair! :mad: lol I recommend it to anyone. No more switching for me!

matuncks

I used this two weeks ago for the first time. Before that, I used lye relaxers, which left my hair dry and hard, all the time! This is the first relaxer that I have used and my hair was very moisturized and still soft. Best I have ever used!

sexyaqr

I used this relaxer for the first time in October(stylist recommended it), love it. It did not burn me once :yay: and I ALWAYS burn. My hair was a little too bone straight for my liking but I am 5 weeks post and new growth is not sending me crazy. Usually by week 4, I am ready for a relaxer. I can definitely stretch with this relaxer. Love it!!!!!!!!!!

daedae157

i'm gonna use this relaxer for my next t-u at the end of the year:yep:
i already use a lot of the other ors products, so it makes since for me to start using their relaxers too. i'm gonna add evoo in it this time too. that seems to be popular and help with moisture. ;)

divinefavor

I just got a touch-up with ORS on Friday. The picture is in my avatar. I still can't keep my hands out of my hair. It's so soft! However, after today though I may have to hide the ends and do some sort of protective style to cure my hand in hair disease. :D Plus I want to start exercise this week as well.

bluediamond0829

i just did a touch up with ORS on Friday and loved it...my hair came out really silky and soft...i self relaxed myself which i havent done in about a year...ive used ORS before when it first came on the market but didnt continue using it after the 1st time...

i loved the ORS olive oil shampoo and I went out and purchased a bottle because it felt so good on my hair....

divinefavor

bluediamond0829 said:
i just did a touch up with ORS on Friday and loved it...my hair came out really silky and soft...i self relaxed myself which i havent done in about a year...ive used ORS before when it first came on the market but didnt continue using it after the 1st time...

i loved the ORS olive oil shampoo and I went out and purchased a bottle because it felt so good on my hair....

Blue - I looked in your fotki, your hair is growing very nicely. Do you have any pics from your touch-up?

bluediamond0829

divinefavor said:
Blue - I looked in your fotki, your hair is growing very nicely. Do you have any pics from your touch-up?

No i didnt take any :( but i'll take some and update my album with some...maybe this week i'll get the nerve up and actually curl my own hair and see how much progress i have done...i havent put a curling iron to it for about going on 3 weeks...

divinefavor

Can't wait to see them!

bluediamond0829 said:
No i didnt take any :( but i'll take some and update my album with some...maybe this week i'll get the nerve up and actually curl my own hair and see how much progress i have done...i havent put a curling iron to it for about going on 3 weeks...

Kari107

For me its a huge yay. I've tried so many relaxers but this is the best thus far. I even tried phyto which left my hair very dry for months. I always end up coming back to my beloved ORS.

AtlantaJJ

neonbright said:
With thin hair that is soft both my mom and I say yeah... It is like a cheap relaxer back in the days and my hair is too soft... Not for soft thin hair people...

Are you saying it's not for people with soft thin hair?? I'm asking because I have soft fine hair actually...

AtlantaJJ

So Over All - No Dry Hair???

I have experienced dry hair with No-Lye... I have not read one post that says ORS has dried their hair out.

If you have experienced dry hair with ORS please post. I have fine hair that tends towards dry with No Lye Relaxers....

I have a few months before my next relaxer so I'm doing a bunch of personal research....

So Far I'm between the three Relaxers

Silk Elements Regular
Mizaini Fine and Color Treated
ORS Relaxer....the only no-lye choice...

I'm interested in 4a, b with sof fine hair, not resistant to relaxers. I need more conditioning than strength...

AtlantaJJ

ORS Yay- Still Working???

Hi ladies, of the ones of you who posted Yay! Back in June when this thread was first posted... are you still happy? Is your hair dry or well conditioned?

Are you experienceing calcium build up? I would appreciate input from anyone who has used ORS relaxer over an extended period of time, espeically those of us with fine hair.

Many thanks, I am doing my due dilligence before my touch up next year...:eek: I can't believe I'm saying next year! LOL

The poll results are quite compelling and impressive!!!

J

divinefavor

I have fine soft hair. I've used ORS over a period of time and then stopped for some reason. But, when I was consistently using ORS, I did not experience dry hair. Although, I did experience dry hair when I deviated from ORS. I am finally back on my beloved ORS, I just had a touch up last Friday and my hair still looks great! I'm going to do a protein treatment, shampoo, and deep condition sometime this weekend.

AtlantaJJ

I am so glad to hear that ORS is really working for you and your hair looks wonderful!! You are doing a great job!! I read the post where you stretched for a long time! You GO girl, you and the other ladies who strech are giving me the courage to do it too! I know I can come here for helpful on point advice when I hit those rough spots in road (and my head! LOL)

Thank you so much for the feedback!
J
divinefavor said:
I have fine soft hair. I've used ORS over a period of time and then stopped for some reason. But, when I was consistently using ORS, I did not experience dry hair. Although, I did experience dry hair when I deviated from ORS. I am finally back on my beloved ORS, I just had a touch up last Friday and my hair still looks great! I'm going to do a protein treatment, shampoo, and deep condition sometime this weekend.

Mystic

Re: So Over All - No Dry Hair???

Good question, Maybe you should do a poll and ask your question. I would like to know too.

AtlantaJJ said:
I have experienced dry hair with No-Lye... I have not read one post that says ORS has dried their hair out.

If you have experienced dry hair with ORS please post. I have fine hair that tends towards dry with No Lye Relaxers....

I have a few months before my next relaxer so I'm doing a bunch of personal research....

So Far I'm between the three Relaxers

Silk Elements Regular
Mizaini Fine and Color Treated
ORS Relaxer....the only no-lye choice...

I'm interested in 4a, b with sof fine hair, not resistant to relaxers. I need more conditioning than strength...

divinefavor

LOL!!! You're welcome, hon! And, thank you for your compliments! Let us know what relaxer you decide to go with next year.

AtlantaJJ said:
I am so glad to hear that ORS is really working for you and your hair looks wonderful!! You are doing a great job!! I read the post where you stretched for a long time! You GO girl, you and the other ladies who strech are giving me the courage to do it too! I know I can come here for helpful on point advice when I hit those rough spots in road (and my head! LOL)

Thank you so much for the feedback!
J

PinkAngel

Re: ORS Yay- Still Working???

AtlantaJJ said:
Hi ladies, of the ones of you who posted Yay! Back in June when this thread was first posted... are you still happy? Is your hair dry or well conditioned?

Are you experienceing calcium build up? I would appreciate input from anyone who has used ORS relaxer over an extended period of time, espeically those of us with fine hair.

Many thanks, I am doing my due dilligence before my touch up next year...:eek: I can't believe I'm saying next year! LOL

The poll results are quite compelling and impressive!!!

J

I used ORS about 3 years ago faithfully & never experienced dryness. I've been using it again since March, still no calcium build-up or dryness. I also use the Creamy Aloe Shampoo 1x per month, this may be the reason I don't experience calcium build-up. I also have fine hair. HTH

LocksOfLuV

I was thinking about this relaxer for some time now and this post def. helped. For those of you who added oils which ones did you add?

I am thinking of adding some coconut oil or Aphogee Oils.

sereia

I used ORS for the first time. I had a hard time applying it quickly because it had a liquidish, yogurt like consistency. It kept dropping and running all over the place. It got on my scalp, too which began to feel uncomfortable very soon so I had to wash it out after 10 min. My scalp was sore and I am very underprocessed now :(

My hair feels good though.

My question for the experienced ORS-users: Is this thin consistency normal? How do you deal with it? Esp. in regard to your scalp?

divinefavor

I don't think that's normal...I've never experience it running like that. But, I've never self relaxed with it, one of my friends always relaxes me with it.

sereia said:
I used ORS for the first time. I had a hard time applying it quickly because it had a liquidish, yogurt like consistency. It kept dropping and running all over the place. It got on my scalp, too which began to feel uncomfortable very soon so I had to wash it out after 10 min. My scalp was sore and I am very underprocessed now :(

My hair feels good though.

My question for the experienced ORS-users: Is this thin consistency normal? How do you deal with it? Esp. in regard to your scalp?