Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

grnidmonster

I need some help. I am finding that I too have multiple types of hair on my head now. Little curls, fuzzy chicken hair (that's what I call real fine fly away hair) and normal strands. The new little curls and fuzzies seem to be well balanced w/ protein and mositure. The normal strands are dry, i mean poppin' when I stretch them. I have even found pieces that have broken off and are about 1-2 inches long (no buld or fine terminal end). I have been applying moisture and will not apply OCT or MT to my strands until I can fix the problem. My question-do you think I will end up over moisturizing my new little curls (which I am very fond of) and my fuzzies (which look so sexy the way the softly curl like the "gud hurr" girls:yep:). Any advice?

JustKiya

I need some help. I am finding that I too have multiple types of hair on my head now. Little curls, fuzzy chicken hair (that's what I call real fine fly away hair) and normal strands. The new little curls and fuzzies seem to be well balanced w/ protein and mositure. The normal strands are dry, i mean poppin' when I stretch them. I have even found pieces that have broken off and are about 1-2 inches long (no buld or fine terminal end). I have been applying moisture and will not apply OCT or MT to my strands until I can fix the problem. My question-do you think I will end up over moisturizing my new little curls (which I am very fond of) and my fuzzies (which look so sexy the way the softly curl like the "gud hurr" girls:yep:). Any advice?

:lachen: Why chicken hair, though?? I've got it too, but chicken hair??? :lol:

How often have you been DC'ing? That would be the first thing I would do to attempt to ensure that all of my hair was happy. Also, from the sounds of it, you have been applying MT/OCT directly to your length? Perhaps you should decrease the frequency of that by half.

:lol: I think that (I hope that, I should say) our 'overall' head has a balance - it might be a tiny bit less protein than some strands need, and maybe a tiny bit more moisture than other strands need.

Hrrm. To put it even clearer, I think that your most protein sensitive hairs should determine how much protein you use, and that your thirstiest hairs should dictate how much moisture you use. :look: Does that make sense?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Miss, Shimmie, your hair is gonna be down to your knees soon. & Don't worry about emails. I know you're out there always praying for us. You just take care of you. Great progress.
Hey Darlin'... I'm so honored that you are here among us. Rhapsyblu you are as open and as pure as they come and the inspiration that you are to everyone here is priceless.

God has 'favored' you and He has favored us with your gift of unwavering stand to not give up. Each time you post, gives me strength to keep going and not look back.

God bless you... :giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member
Ok, I need to start reading those threads.

Funny thing is I had that thought about McCain as father of Palin's baby.:lachen:

:lachen: Oh no...... :lol:

I'm glad you posted, because it's very incouraging to see that you are recieving consistant growth. I'm always fearing that this is it! No new growth for you!

:lachen:Yes it's Borama mania. :spinning: I wonder what's going to happen when they take the temp political forum down. It will stay up til November. They're gonna have to give us medication. There will be serious withdrawal. :ill:

I'm afraid to go back over there. Every time I go, there something new and suspicious about PaCain and company. I'm afraid if I peep in there will be news like "McCain is actually the father to all of Palin's children. Including her husband!" :spinning: I didn't realize that we had so many gumshoes in this forum. :detective:

Aww, thank you for the lovely flowers. :kiss:
CurlyMoo, you are more than welcome for the flowers... Here's more :flowers:

I don't even want to think about November 5.... :cry4: and not having our forum.

But we'll still have our Ovation and Mega Tek :lol: And most important ...Our Longer - Thicker Hair! :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Whoa Mama, check out the length in that third pic and the thickness in pic#5. I am so impressed with your progress thus far Shimmie. Keep on growing honey :kiss:. I missed you while you were gone.
Heyyyyyyy, "Angel Aggie" :kiss: :kiss: :love2:

Thank you for the all of the help and encouragement you've shared along this journey with me.

I forgot to mention in my earlier progress posts that my hair really took off with the garlic treatments, because it stopped the shedding. You were the one who introduced me to the Alter Ego Garlic Hair Creme Conditioner and it was worth every penny it cost me. :dollar:

How can I not thank God each day for you....and I truly do. You love helping others and you love God...the beauty of your heart shows in all that you say and do. Don't ever change. Just grow longer hair. :giveheart:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie your hair is amazing. Thank you for your always encouraging post. My daughter was blown away when she saw your picture, I haven't gotten her committed yet but when she has her baby she is going to start taking better care of her hair. I love your picture it holds a lot of hope.
Trudy, only you could use such a post to bring tears to my eyes. I am honored that you thought enough of my pictures to share them with your daughter. I thank God for you. :kiss:

Give you daughter a big hug for me :bighug: and tell her that God has only just begun to bless her and the life of her beautiful new baby.

Love and blessings to you, Trudy and I mean it with all of my heart. :love2:

grnidmonster

JK,
IDK, it is just fluffy and fly away like baby chicks so I have always called it baby chicken hair when it acts like that.

I have only put the MT on the length of my hair twice and for less than 15 minutes. I also DC'd immediately after each time. I will defer to the thirstiest hair and add more moisture and then correct if needed. Thank you.

I just did a dc and it seems a bit better.

CurlyMoo

Curly Moo, I, too, like my girl, grnidmonster, am being ridiculous - trying to be funny, too. Patience has never been one of my virtues & from the very first use, I found myself running to the mirror, looking for growth - hourly. :wallbash: I KNOW this will not happen - does not stop me though.

Periodically, I calm down, then I see ya'lls progress pix, & start checking again. :lachen: As I said in the progress pix thread, we must all be patient. I think when we some who seem to have miraculous growth, so quickly, we then have these crazy expectations. For me, I don't always see progress. But you guys keep PMing me, commenting on it & I have to go back & relook at my first pix to remind myself I have made progress.

I still say, though, when my OCT comes, I am gonna have ankle length hair & a full hairline in a week.:yep:

I think you are getting the results but it's tough to see. The same happened for me. I'm a natural and although I could feel the difference I didn't see it at first because of shrinkage. I wasn't really checking for it but it just snuck up on me. I was un-twisting my hair and was like WTF??? This soon?? I must be dreaming. You are right patience is key. This stuff really works. And remember each head will prolly see different results. I can see why you would want crazy expectations considering all the examples in this tread. :yep: I think I'm one of those crazy expectations. :spinning: I'm looking forward to what my hair is going to do. I pray for great results and patience.

Whacha gon do with ankle length hair? :lachen:

CurlyMoo

Curly Moo,
I know I am ridiculous. I talked to my derm (this isnt the first time I have had alopecia) she said there is no reason for it not to grow back. Actually it is growing back, I just want it to grow faster and thicker. Like my siggy says...patience is my goal. I will PM you in about two weeks, the hair should be thicker and darker in the spot so I can really see.

Don't worry you will see results. Pretty soon you will have more hair than you know what to do with. My hair was noticeably thicker after the first wash the next day. Then I noticed the length the following week. When I started my MT regimen I decided that I was not going to drive myself nuts over this because there are no guarantees. So I just treated it like another deep conditioner. I think the main reason I was not so focused on my hair was because I had some personal issues creep up that took my mind off of it. My job situation changed and several people in my life had birthdays so I was busy running around too. I think you need to just step back from it emotionally and mentally because stress is not good for alopecia sufferers. You should go hang out in the political forum and give yourself a good laugh. :lachen:

Take care and happy growing.

Aggie

Don't worry you will see results. Pretty soon you will have more hair than you know what to do with. My hair was noticeably thicker after the first wash the next day. Then I noticed the length the following week. When I started my MT regimen I decided that I was not going to drive myself nuts over this because there are no guarantees. So I just treated it like another deep conditioner. I think the main reason I was not so focused on my hair was because I had some personal issues creep up that took my mind off of it. My job situation changed and several people in my life had birthdays so I was busy running around too. I think you need to just step back from it emotionally and mentally because stress is not good for alopecia sufferers. You should go hang out in the political forum and give yourself a good laugh. :lachen:

Take care and happy growing.

Hi CurlyMoo, I got your friend request in my fotki but for some reaosn I cannot add comments in my guestbook or my albums and I can't even add friends without the system automaticlly logging me out. As soon as it comes up, I will be adding you too:yep:.

Is anyone else having this same problem with fotki?

CurlyMoo

Hi CurlyMoo, I got your friend request in my fotki but for some reaosn I cannot add comments in my guestbook or my albums and I can't even add friends without the system automaticlly logging me out. As soon as it comes up, I will be adding you too:yep:.

Is anyone else having this same problem with fotki?

Ok, no problem. I have probelms responding to comments. It seems like they never get them. So I edit their comments by adding my own to them. But I don't think they get a reply notice. :ohwell:

Aggie

Ok, no problem. I have probelms responding to comments. It seems like they never get them. So I edit their comments by adding my own to them. But I don't think they get a reply notice. :ohwell:

Well then I think this is a conspiracy of fotki against me then seeing that I didn't sign up for the paid subsription, IDK, I could be wrong though or maybe it's just my system acting up, however, I am not having any other system problems, only fotki. I'm just mad :wallbash: because I'm unable to do what I want to do in there right now. I'm just venting too.

Today is the one month-a-versary of me using MT:drunk:. The other night my husband was stroking my hair, and said that is is soooo thick, yay! I cut off about an inch this weekend, but I just know that MT will get me back on track with getting to my APL goal, hopefully by my b-day.:yep:

Platinum

I'm 1 week post (I did a corrective last week) and I'm already noticing a little new growth. I hope this is a sign of the growth spurt that I've been waiting for.

BostonMaria

I'm 1 week post (I did a corrective last week) and I'm already noticing a little new growth. I hope this is a sign of the growth spurt that I've been waiting for.

Growth in ONE week? Wow that's incredible. Between relaxers and MT you're gonna hafta get a second job LOL

I just applied MT to my freshly washed hair. I did two braids and I'm off to bed. I have been lazy and haven't been applying it (wasn't sure if it was working) but now that I know it is I'll be more consistent.

G'night :drunk:

AlkalineSteam

Just checking in...
I've been using MT for 2 weeks and I'm 3.5 weeks post. I just started a growth spurt 2 days ago and my new growth is off the hook! My roots are so thick. I can't say that I've ever had this much NG before week 6. I'm very, very excited but have no idea how I'm going to make it another 4.5 weeks for my next touch-up.

Just fyi, I apply every other day to my scalp using an applicator bottle. My mix is 50/50 MT & Coconut oil. I also add a dollop of MT into my ORS pak for my twice weekly DC.

Last edited:

Platinum

Growth in ONE week? Wow that's incredible. Between relaxers and MT you're gonna hafta get a second job LOL

I just applied MT to my freshly washed hair. I did two braids and I'm off to bed. I have been lazy and haven't been applying it (wasn't sure if it was working) but now that I know it is I'll be more consistent.

G'night :drunk:

Nah, I'm going to start stretching my relaxers again :yep:. I'm afraid that I may have breakage if I get in the habit of relaxing too soon.

G'night sis!

devin

Okay after spending hours and hours reading this thread(it is growing by the minute:drunk:), OCT thread and I don't know how many other threads I want to jump on the bandwagon. My hair is already pretty thick, but my edges need growth from sew-ins that I had.:wallbash: Plus I figured a little assisted growth and extra thickness wouldn't hurt.:grin: I figured I would start with MT. I want to apply it daily to my scalp after applying jojoba oil and I will wash and DC weekly with Kenra MS and MC. and moisturize daily or as needed with Aloe vera liquid/Glycerin mix. I also use Redken Hair cleansing cream for my chelating poo. I will also purchase some garlic tabs from Puritan to keep on hand in case I have excessive shedding. I am getting a relaxer next Thursday so I will give it a couple of weeks and then start. Does this sound like a good regimen?

camilla

it sounds very good you may have to co wash during the week it can build up after a few days! happy hair growing

JustKiya

Okay after spending hours and hours reading this thread(it is growing by the minute:drunk:), OCT thread and I don't know how many other threads I want to jump on the bandwagon. My hair is already pretty thick, but my edges need growth from sew-ins that I had.:wallbash: Plus I figured a little assisted growth and extra thickness wouldn't hurt.:grin: I figured I would start with MT. I want to apply it daily to my scalp after applying jojoba oil and I will wash and DC weekly with Kenra MS and MC. and moisturize daily or as needed with Aloe vera liquid/Glycerin mix. I also use Redken Hair cleansing cream for my chelating poo. I will also purchase some garlic tabs from Puritan to keep on hand in case I have excessive shedding. I am getting a relaxer next Thursday so I will give it a couple of weeks and then start. Does this sound like a good regimen?

It sounds great! The only thing - you might want to slide an extra DC in there in the middle of the week, if you can. Keep an eye on your hair and see if it seems to be getting drier/harder faster - I've found that my hair is MUCH happier with twice weekly DC's..... :yep:

Platinum

It sounds great! The only thing - you might want to slide an extra DC in there in the middle of the week, if you can. Keep an eye on your hair and see if it seems to be getting drier/harder faster - I've found that my hair is MUCH happier with twice weekly DC's..... :yep:

That's a great idea, JK. I noticed that my hair has been drying out like crazy lately:wallbash:. I guess I'm going to have to cowash and DC more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.