Overnight Hairgrowth Treatment

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I think @KinksAndInk has volunteered :look: lol

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do it but probably not till Monday or Tuesday. My wng is holding up well so no need to wash yet. I'm trying to really cut down on manipulation....that's what gets my hair growing, I dunno about this egg stuff lol

OMG ditto to every single word except replace Monday or Tuesday with September.

LdyKamz

I need to see someone do it on wet hair in the beginning instead of dry/stretched hair. I'm feeling like the egg and wet hair is making the hair elongated for some reason. Then again if you stretch your hair wet or dry your length is your length right? Idk. I just did a hard protein and I'm trying to get high moisture back before I straighten next week so maybe I'll do this next month to see. Maybe.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:grin:

Hubby's wash-and-go on my hair was awesome and greatly appreciated. It lasted two days. That's good for my fine, frizzy hair!

Since it's undefined again already, I prepared the treatment.

Am I really going to put egg on my scalp, y'all?!?? Eek!!!

For step one, I mixed the two eggs with 2 tbs of coconut oil, 1 tbs of light extra virgin olive oil, and 1 tbs of castor oil.

So I can remember: I took the hair right above my ear where my glasses touch my ear, and I placed my chin on my chest for the length check. (That should rule out "growth" due to lowering my head. ;))

Attachments

• WP_20160821_001.jpg
    WP_20160821_001.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 73
  • WP_20160821_009.jpg
    WP_20160821_009.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Intermittent update:

Step 1 is done. My hair feels that way it does after a protein treatment.

I almost forgot to saran wrap my head, but thank goodness I looked at the videos once more before commencing.

I used Eggland's Best Eggs. My mixture did not smell like anything except faintly of coconut. I put it in an applicator bottle after mixing it all together, but that didn't work for me: I put the applicator bottle in the fridge until after church, and so of course, some of the coconut oil solidified again. That plugged up the applicator bottle's tip. So I took of the top to the bottle and just saturated my hair and scalp, massage it in, inverting my head and all that, until there was no more mixture left to apply.

I put a headband around my head to catch mixture. I wore a towel around my neck.

I washed it out with pretty cool water and my Shea Moisture Hipo shampoo. Then, because I was concerned with removing all of it, I turned up the water's temperature a bit and washed again. Then I just kept water washing and finger detangling to try to ensure all of the mixture's removal.

When it came time to (indirectly) melt and then apply the coconut oil, I saw some very, very tiny bits of cooked egg in my hair!!! I removed it, applied the coconut oil the same way I did the previous mixture, and the let hubby wrap my head in saran wrap again. Now I just need to wear this for 8 hours or so!

I'll post an update! :look: :giggle:

Initial thoughts: I don't know if this is a good experiment for protein sensitive folks to try or not. Protein sensitive folks might want to do a little research about putting egg in the hair, especially in combination with coconut oil which I refer to as a "protein enabler."

This is a fun a test! :giggle: Not even knowing about the videos, my husband said as he shook his head while putting my saran wrap on my head, "You know what?! I'm going to put up a video online and say, 'Your hair will improve if you do yaddah, yeah-so, yeah-so!' and see what happens." I just smiled inwardly. ;)

Blessings, all!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Intermittent update:

Step 1 is done. My hair feels that way it does after a protein treatment.

I almost forgot to saran wrap my head, but thank goodness I looked at the videos once more before commencing.

I used Eggland's Best Eggs. My mixture did not smell like anything except faintly of coconut. I put it in an applicator bottle after mixing it all together, but that didn't work for me: I put the applicator bottle in the fridge until after church, and so of course, some of the coconut oil solidified again. That plugged up the applicator bottle's tip. So I took of the top to the bottle and just saturated my hair and scalp, massage it in, inverting my head and all that, until there was no more mixture left to apply.

I put a headband around my head to catch mixture. I wore a towel around my neck.

I washed it out with pretty cool water and my Shea Moisture Hipo shampoo. Then, because I was concerned with removing all of it, I turned up the water's temperature a bit and washed again. Then I just kept water washing and finger detangling to try to ensure all of the mixture's removal.

When it came time to (indirectly) melt and then apply the coconut oil, I saw some very, very tiny bits of cooked egg in my hair!!! I removed it, applied the coconut oil the same way I did the previous mixture, and the let hubby wrap my head in saran wrap again. Now I just need to wear this for 8 hours or so!

I'll post an update! :look: :giggle:

Initial thoughts: I don't know if this is a good experiment for protein sensitive folks to try or not. Protein sensitive folks might want to do a little research about putting egg in the hair, especially in combination with coconut oil which I refer to as a "protein enabler."

This is a fun a test! :giggle: Not even knowing about the videos, my husband said as he shook his head while putting my saran wrap on my head, "You know what?! I'm going to put up a video online and say, 'Your hair will improve if you do yaddah, yeah-so, yeah-so!' and see what happens." I just smiled inwardly. ;)

Blessings, all!
@YvetteWithJoy Anxious to hear results. I don't think I'll be doing mine this time. I'm out of evoo and don't have grape seed. Don't feel like going to get any either lol. And plus without thinking I've already started my coconut oil pre poo that I always do. Oh well there's always next week.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Update 2 of 3:

Because the 1st step acted like a protein treatment for my hair, I'm having to deep condition for moisture, thoroughly. (I had recently had a protein treatment that was just beginning to be balanced out with moisture).

I'll update with results and pics EITHER tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on when I get to my hair for styling. Most likely I will detangle and chunky twist tonight, style tomorrow morning (using diffuser), and take my results pic around 9:00 AM Tuesday morning.

Just wanted to give a timeline. Sorry for the delay. I really need this moisturizing DC.

NOTES:
1. After rinsing out the coconut this morning, I noticed that my roots were even more undefined than normal. I did get some definition once I began working my NaturelleGrow protein-free DC through it.

2. My need for a moisturizing DC is incidental to the step 1 egg-and-oil treatment. It's not a special situation because of the egg-and-oil treatment. It has more to do with the fact that my hair was already well-proteinated (proteinized? protein-laden?) before I started. I can feel my hair and tell when I need to balance it out in either the moisture or the protein direction. I definitely need a moisturizing DC before detangling to prep for styling. :up:

I'll post again as soon as I can do the same length check.

Blessings!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi!

Sorry for the delay! I will go get the same shirt and put it on and do the length check and take a photo. Give me about 30 minutes! Be back soon!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Update 3 of 3:

Okay guys. Here are the pictures. I tried EXTREMELY hard to do everything exactly the same way. Maybe the hair is angled at a slant in the first picture and angled almost perfectly vertical in the AFTER picture, and maybe that's why it looks like there's a little growth???

I checked the AFTER treatment lengths of all sorts of pieces of hair in the general area -- and I angled them both SLANTED and VERTICAL -- and they were ALL longer than the hair in the BEFORE picture. I dunno, guys! Seems like it worked, but I don't see how!

Here's the BEFORE picture again:

Here is the AFTER picture:
WP_20160823_007OvernightHairGrowthTreatmentAFTER.png

Last edited:

newgrowth15

I tried it and it dried my hair out something terrible. My hair does not like hard protein treatments. Since this contained oil mixed with the eggs, I figured it would be ok. Nope, my hair went into straight rebellion. I had tangles and knots everywhere. I wound up flat ironing my hair to get it back under control.

I don't care if someone promises 10 inches in a minute, if it contains hard protein, I will not do it.

Jade Feria

I just saw the videos on youtube and rushed here for an explanation LOL. I'm intrigued -- I want to try it, but I also want to know how it works. Are the results permanent? Has anyone else tried this?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I never got around to trying it. I'm still not convinced it works. I have yet to see someone in those vids measure accurately. I wouldn't know how to measure myself. Unless you grab the exact same chunk of hair and hold your head at the exact angle you will get different lengths so I thought maybe I would try keeping a piece braided or twisted during the whole process then use measuring tape. I dunno.

beingofserenity

I'm convinced by the last video posted. I did try this a month or more ago but didn't measure accurately so couldn't verify growth. I will do this treatment exactly how don'tspeakdefeat did it in two weeks.

Jade Feria

I'm doing it now. I didn't think to use measuring tape, but I'll try my best to be accurate with the comparison to see if there's any difference. Then I'll check again in a week.

#forscience!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
@Pokahontas, see if you like the way Don'tSpeakDefeat measured.
Yep I like how she does it. She had my same thought of keeping the section to be measured separated.

Some of the other girls didn't even seem to be putting the mixture on the scalp like DSD does, just slapping it on their hair. I was thinking how is it gonna grow hair if it isn't even on the scalp.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm guessing that the egg protein structure somehow elongates the strands, and then the coconut oil treatment seals in the protein. That's all I got.
It's gotta be something like that.

Did you try it yet?

I need to wash but I'm just so darn lazy to try this.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Is the egg mixture done on dirty hair? Then shampoo'd and conditioned? Trying to psych myself up to do this tonight

Jade Feria

It's gotta be something like that.

Did you try it yet?

I need to wash but I'm just so darn lazy to try this.

I did, and my hair does appear just over an inch longer (didn't take pictures, sorry...yeah, I know). But again I'm not certain that it's *true* growth from the scalp, rather than a lengthening of the strands.

I did it on dry hair, instead of my regular cowash.

prettykinks

I am so tempted to try this. I think I will once I get off work. Im just nervous about it making my hair hard and dealing with tangles.

Gr8ness83

I took the plunge and tried this! I have 42 more minutes left and I will wash it out then do the coconut oil before bed. I have loc extensions in and have a couple of them out because I was planning on redoing them. I took a pic of one section so we shall see. I'm still in my work clothes so I wasn't able to do the step by step like I wanted but since I was able to measure one of the sections that I have out, I don't have to guess where the section was that I measured. We'll see, fingers crossed!