Please help!

prettygrl

Hi everyone--
I need help creating a regimen. I have bought a lot of products over the last few months- but haven't found anything that really just amazed me--Except for the magic that can happen with water, olive oil, and my silk scarf!

I feel like I have a lot of products--but don't know how to use them. So it's hard to tell what works.

Right now, I have Eulence shampoo, Eulence conditioner, Mizani Moisturefuse, CH Dew, Motions CPR, Infusium, Organic Root Stimulator conditioner,.....Aubrey's Organic Island Spice Cream rinse.... I have definitely turned into a PJ.

I use to wrap my hair everynight, but I have been sick lately and my hair was the first thing to go. I rarely use a curling iron or blowdryer...

Yet my hair does not seem any better. Out of these products the only ones I really like are the Eulcence products, Aubrey Organic, and Infusium.
The deep conditioners that everyone raves about- Motions CPR and ORS don't seem to do anything for me. When I comb out, I still have a lot of hair in the comb. So...

What is a product that I can use on my hair daily for moisture, but that won't weigh it down?
(I have tried the Dew- and I don't like it. I have tried Profectiv- products- the purple tub and it is too heavy)

How often should I use a protein condioner?
(I wash every 3-days)

As far as vitamins, I recently started taking prenatal vitamins- (I'm not pregnant) but I don't want to start taking a lot of vitamins...
Any suggestions that you all have would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alireno

I use the Profectiv Long N Healthy anti-breakage strengthening Mega Moisturizer as a daily moisturizer for my hair. It only takes a little to moisturize your hair all day. Of course, what works well for one person may not work for another, but it would not hurt to give it a try. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ms_kenesha

I would recommend using a mild protein conditioner like Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment or Nexxus Emergencee once a week if you feel your hair is really damaged or twice a week if not.
Also, if nothing seems to work on your breakage than I'd suggest using the Aphogee Treatment for Damaged hair (follow the directions carefully) your hair will get hard, but rinse with water until you've gotten all of the Aphogee out and then follow with a moisturizing conditioner.

For daily moisture w/o weighing my hair down I like to use a modified version of Sweetcocoa's Hair Butter.
Here's the original recipe
4 oz of shea butter(unrefined)- melted in microwave...
to which I added the following -
1 tablespoon of amla oil
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of castor oil
1 tablespoon of almond oil
10 drops of rosemary oil
2 tablespoons of aloe vera oil
I put it in the refrigerator to harden. Then take it out and let it come to room temperature. It should be nice and creamy(or if you prefer leave it hardened...works both ways). This is very rich so a little goes a long way. I only apply it to my hair. It works better than anything I purchased for moisturizing. Works great on damp hair. You can use more, less or different oils. Play around with it until you find what works best for you.

My version uses Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rosemary Oil, Castor Oil and Olive Oil. I don't use any store bought moisturizer on my hair as of now.

Hope that helps! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NayNay

Hey it does take 4-ever to find products. I am a 4A too and my hair still drinks up moisture.
Here are the products that I use.
Shampoo
Creme of Nature and Break Thru
Both are very moisturizing and do not contain sulfates. A lot of people that are natural use Creme of Nature because they say it helps with the detangling process too!

Conditioners
Cholesterol is extremely moisturizing I use LesKair (I forget the brand) and KERACARE Humecto. That is the most moisturizing conditioner I have found. I left it on over night and in the morning my hair was totall detangled.

Moisturizers
S curl No Drip
Aura Pomade
Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade, Moisturizing Spray, and Pro Gro

I had to buy and buy and buy and try and try and try someone said finding the right products is like finding the right man!!!! HARD work
Good luck!!!!