Poll: Be Honest, Would You Take Hair Advice From People w/o Pics?

Would you take hair advice from people:W/o pics, not your hair type, or desired hair?

• Yes, it doesn't matter to me!

Votes: 247 59.1%
  • No, one or all of the above things matter to me!

Votes: 171 40.9%

• Total voters

mingming3

Yes, of course I will take hair advice from someone who has no pics. I have no pics or an album yet either because I so do not know how to download the pics and I am just starting to learn my way around this website. One day I will have an album so you can see my hair. :yep:

Lovelylocs

You know I heard a lot of people feel that way. And I can truly feel where you are coming from.

I don't know, for me my hair looks A LOT better when I relax it versus any stylist (expect this one stylist from Atlant, OMG he was the truth!).

I was one of those people who was in the salon every two weeks. Though it looked pretty it never grew past shoulder. Then outta being broke I started to self relax. Girl, I'll tell ya my hair relly improved.

It's just that I (IMO) really don't think any stylists really care about your hair when it comes down to it, unless he/she is a family member. I think they only care about 1. your money and 2. the aesthetic of hair-just making it look good for a week or two since they know you will come running back.

But I don't think the way you feel is uncommon. I used to feel the saaaame way girl.

Update: Mizani, I can see what u are saying. :yep: I don't trust myself to self-relax, but luckily, my mom can do my retouches for me. :grin: I have been doing this off and on for at least a year now and I LOVE IT! :) The reason why it works so well for me is b/c I don't have to worry about someone else combing my hair in an undesirable way. I'm am super gentle w/my hair and no stylist is as careful when combing my hair as I am. Thanks to my taking care of my own hair at home, my hair is past brastrap now. I attribute that to relaxing at home. :up:

Lovelylocs

I skipped this thread the first time around on purpose. I do not have a picture of myself online, nor will I put one because of my job. Putting a little notice or a copyright line will not prevent someone from taking your pictures and doing what they will with them. What I find interesting, and rather ironic, is that people say they won't take advice from people without pictures, but this is the Internet - you have absolutely no guarentee that the pictures are real. Additionally, there are plenty of ladies who do have pictures that are not yet admirable, yet someone like LaFlaca (read up a bit) who has beautiful hair gets crap from others because she has beautiful hair and pictures.

I take advice that seems sound a reasonable and have no objection to experimenting. I give advice when the issue at hand is one with which I have experience and can ad something positive and constructive.

It's nice to see pictures, but not necessary. The advice I take has nothing to do with the pictures because I rarely take time to find passwords and spend time looking at fotki. I hope we all one day have beautiful flowing locks; how we get to that point will be completely individual.

I agree w/everything that u just said. :) I would also like to add that some people w/gorgeous hair that is supposedly (I say supposedly b/c hair typing is not an exact science :lol: ) the same texture as mine do some things that work for them, but not for me. :)