poll.... (MBL and beyond) do you moisturize & seals DAILY???

IF YOU ARE MBL or beyond.... do you moisturize & seal daily?

• yes...ONCE PER DAY

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • absolutely not

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • I average less then 3 times per week

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • TWICE PER DAY (morning +night)

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

poll.... (MBL and beyond) do you moisturize & seal DAILY???

anyone notice a trend???.......

those who are Mid Back Length & beyond......

do you (NORMALLY) moisturize and seal on a DAILY basis????

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Shouldve done a poll lol no I generally only moisturize mid-week following a wash. My hair gets softer the more I leave it alone. M&S everyday never did anything for me.

Ok you added a poll....I voted absolutely not.

Goombay_Summer

Perhaps I ought to moisture more often, I wonder if I am hindering my own progress with my unwillingness to commit because I am only do it once per week.

mscurly

Yes, this past winter I have been moisturizing and sealing daily sometimes twice daily. I have definately noticed a difference.

I'm retaining length by preventing my ends from drying out and breaking.

Ms Lala

If my moisture balance is right I have no need to. I moisturize about every other day in the winter and every 2-3 days in warmer months. When I did my henna treatment last month I had to moisturize daily because of the dryness. Now my hair is feeling like normal again.

Lita

I moisturize may-be 3x's...Depending on how cold it is Especially the ends/I tuck them back under my bun..I just leave it alone...

*My bang I moisturize every day & seal with oil because its exposed all the time...(I also wash my bangs a lot)

Happy Hair Growing!

Rina88

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread but how in the world can you all afford to not moisturize everyday? I have to moisturize at least 2x/day or my hair is dry as the desert. Now that I've gone back to co-washing it's only once but that's still everyday. Ughh I need to know what moisturizers you are using because this is ridiculous. I feel like I'm always moisturizing.

winterinatl

All natural!
No, about once every five days I shampoo a deep condition my hair. Then I use lok and blok. If I don't use lok and blok then I use other silicones, but then after a couple days I might comb a little water through the hair to help it lay down.

I am relaxed.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

JJamiah

I moisturize once per week (after my shampoo)
My hair isn't dried out and I don't suffer from it.

Bun Mistress

I said yes, daily, but I really don't moisturize my hair, I DC once or twice a week and only seal daily. I make my own oil blend with Camellia, EVCO, WGO, and a few drops of an essential oil blend to make it smell nice.

Bun Mistress

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread but how in the world can you all afford to not moisturize everyday? I have to moisturize at least 2x/day or my hair is dry as the desert. Now that I've gone back to co-washing it's only once but that's still everyday. Ughh I need to know what moisturizers you are using because this is ridiculous. I feel like I'm always moisturizing.

What are you using to moisturize and what are you using to co wash? Are you DCing at least once weekly and with what? If my hair was every dired out in the past it was likely because there was bluid up or my P/M was out of balance.

Rina88

What are you using to moisturize and what are you using to co wash? Are you DCing at least once weekly and with what? If my hair was every dired out in the past it was likely because there was bluid up or my P/M was out of balance.

I've resorted to making my own mix of water, aloe vera juice and some giovanni cond. Sealing with hemp seed oil has helped tremendously though. I DC every Sunday either under the dryer for an hour with ORS replenishing or Aphogee 2 min (not under dryer) with a H.O.T EVCO and EVOO mix on top. I clarified 2 weeks ago, I stopped for many months because I hated the way it took almost a week for my hair to feel normal again. I once used Elasta QP mango butter and that was "ight" (left my hair greasy feeling after a few days) but I wanted something better and I still haven't found it :nono: That's part of the reason I co-wash daily now.
My hair can stay moisturized with the mango butter and other moisturizers if I straighten it, but curly it just ain't cutting it for me.
Maybe I'm crazy for thinking my hair can stay soft for over 24 hrs, but from the looks of this thread it seems many of you can achieve just that.

I didn't know that was a sign of P/M balance being out of whack, thanks for that info.I thought the signs were basically mushiness or breakage

InchHighPrivateEye

I don't seal---well, I use coconut oil, so I guess that counts as both the moisture and the seal, IDK. But, I do put coconut oil on my ends every single day unless I'm wearing a fresh rollerset (I'm normally in braidouts), in which case I might skip the first couple days.

kblc06

If I'm wiggin it, I moisturize really well 1x per week and apply braid spray during the week. When straightened, I apply moisturizer every few days

jupitermoon

cowash???? or do u use shampoo now?

I usually co wash but use shampoo as needed. I just scrub my scalp and rinse and let it run down the length of my hair. I don't apply shampoo directly to the length of my hair.

I last shampooed a few days ago. Since I sometimes use EVOO I've been shampooing more frequently than usual. I shampooed twice last month and once in December I think. EVOO is a heavy oil and I use it during the cooler months.

yamilee21

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread but how in the world can you all afford to not moisturize everyday? I have to moisturize at least 2x/day or my hair is dry as the desert. ...

Do you use products with silicone? When I used silicone products, my hair stayed dry no matter how often [I thought] I moisturized it. Now that I have eliminated silicone products (except when I straighten), as well as shampoos with sodium lauryl sulfate, my hair can go as many as 5 days without moisturizing, other than whatever I used right after washing.

Rina88

Do you use products with silicone? When I used silicone products, my hair stayed dry no matter how often [I thought] I moisturized it. Now that I have eliminated silicone products (except when I straighten), as well as shampoos with sodium lauryl sulfate, my hair can go as many as 5 days without moisturizing, other than whatever I used right after washing.

No cones in my products, the only time I do is when I staighten and I poo afterwards. I straighten on holidays/special occasions. Just 2 days ago I bought the MnT detangler and I love it so far and that has cones. I should clarify that it's really only my ends that are dry, the rest of my head I could probably go almost a week if I wanted. I think it's my hairstyle that is causing the problem now, it's a puff because my hair is too short to make a bun. I was cutting for months because I thought the dryness was damage, it got much better but the ends are never soft for more than a day.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I don't really know how to moisturize. *cries* Can you ladies share how you do it? Maybe I already am and don't know. TIA!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Interesting results! I never moisturize and seal outside of wash day so this is really informatove for me