Prayer for my Bishop

brg240

Can you all agree with me for healing for my Bishop? He's very sick and in the hospital. I'm not sure what's going on exactly but the doctors said there is nothing they can do.

They said that he was brain dead but I don't exactly believe them. My family went there tonight and prayed over him and then read scriptures outloud and while we were reading he'd follow each of us with his eyes. (I was really surprised because I was going in there thinking he wasn't cognizant) And right before we left he was trying to talk to my mom! So we're all believing God for his healing. If you could pray in agreement, it would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you have a blessed holiday :)

Prudent1

Just finished praying for healing and full recovery your bishop. I pray that God will restore him and use this incident to confound the wise of this world. I pray that God will be glorified in this and all things in his life. These things I ask in the name of Jesus never the less Lord, not my will but yours be done on earth as it is in heaven- Amen.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Indeed, I'll pray.

Father God, in the precious name of Jesus, I thank you for your presence and your healing upon this precious man of God. Let him walk among the land of the living; I thank you that he shall not die but live. I thank you that you are there with him and inside of him and that to your Glory and your Glory alone, shall this be done.

For this we all thank you in Jesus' Name Amen and Amen. :Rose:

The Blood of Jesus prevails. :Rose:

PinkPebbles

I stand in agreement in prayer for your Bishop.:Rose:

Isaiah 53:5
5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Lita

I just prayed for the Bishop/his family/Church family...
May God watch over & bless him with his hands...Gods Healing Hands...Amen!

Happy Hair Growing!

WAVES4DAYS

Indeed, I'll pray.

Father God, in the precious name of Jesus, I thank you for your presence and your healing upon this precious man of God. Let him walk among the land of the living; I thank you that he shall not die but live. I thank you that you are there with him and inside of him and that to your Glory and your Glory alone, shall this be done.

For this we all thank you in Jesus' Name Amen and Amen. :Rose:

The Blood of Jesus prevails. :Rose:

I stand in agreement with this prayer for your Bishop. Amen and Amen.

Shimmie

Staff member
:Rose: Still praying in love, for your Bishop. :Rose:

Merry Christmas with love to him for God's healing and miracles to prevail; that he shall not die but live; and will live whole and strong and healthy, his whole life long. :Rose:

LovingLady

Your bishop will be healed in Jesus name. I stand in agreement with you and the rest of the ladies here.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I stand in agreement in prayer for your Bishop... Amen to Scripture quoted

I stand in agreement in prayer for your Bishop.:Rose:

Isaiah 53:5
5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Shimmie

Staff member
thank you everyone for the prayers, we're still praying that he gets better.

Bishop is strong...he's holding on. :strong:

Hold on Bishop. This life is yours. The devil is a liar. Hold on. Jesus has you. In your weakness, He is strong.

Praise God! :meme:

brg240

I can't thank you ladies enough for your prayers.

I just wanted to update you all. My Bishop went home to be with the Lord on Tue morning

Prudent1

BRG240,
:bighug:
I am so sorry for your loss:yep:. I am glad he left a legacy of sound teaching for all of you that will last forever! I hope you find some comfort in these passages. They have comforted me when I had to watch some of those who poured into my life spiritually go home. Praise God for the life of your bishop! I know he will be missed.
2 Corinthians 5 I'm paraphrasing a little bit...
Our Heavenly Dwelling
1For we know that if the earth suit that is our home (for now) is destroyed, we have a building from God, a body not made with human hands, eternal in the heavens. 2For in this earth suit we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, 3if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked. 4For while we are still in this earth suit, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, 7for we walk by faith, not by sight. 8Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be out of these earth suits and at home with the Lord. 9So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

2 Tim 4:6-8
6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

ETA: I love and think the passage from Phil. you have posted in your siggie applies to your bishop too.

Shimmie

Staff member
BRG240,
:bighug:
I am so sorry for your loss:yep:. I am glad he left a legacy of sound teaching for all of you that will last forever! I hope you find some comfort in these passages. They have comforted me when I had to watch some of those who poured into my life spiritually go home. Praise God for the life of your bishop! I know he will be missed.
2 Corinthians 5 I'm paraphrasing a little bit...
Our Heavenly Dwelling
1For we know that if the earth suit that is our home (for now) is destroyed, we have a building from God, a body not made with human hands, eternal in the heavens. 2For in this earth suit we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, 3if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked. 4For while we are still in this earth suit, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, 7for we walk by faith, not by sight. 8Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be out of these earth suits and at home with the Lord. 9So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

2 Tim 4:6-8
6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

ETA: I love and think the passage from Phil. you have posted in your siggie applies to your bishop too.

Praise God for this loving message... :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member
Dearest BRG240 ...

My love and prayers still flow to you, Bishop's loved ones and your Church family and all who knew and loved your Bishop.

I have to say, Bishop held on strong and his strength in Jesus lives in the hearts of those who love him.

:grouphug2: :grouphug2: :grouphug2: :grouphug2: :grouphug2:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
BRG, I'm sure you will miss your bishop's presence on this side of Heaven. :bighug:
I'm also happy for his homecoming/transformation, because shedding our earthly bodies is our last Victory in the battle against the Enemy. I Praise God as you and your church celebrate your bishop's physical life here on earth, his invaluable contributions to your church, to your spiritual walk, to the many souls he's won, to his works. I don't have to know him to believe that he dedicated his life on earth for others.

Our Crowns and Rewards await us on the other side. Amen... :Rose:

Death has lost its victory/ A beginning to an end
1 Corinthians 15:42-57

42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. 43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

45 The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.”[a] But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit.
46 What comes first is the natural body, then the spiritual body comes later.

47 Adam, the first man, was made from the dust of the earth, while Christ, the second man, came from heaven.
48 Earthly people are like the earthly man, and heavenly people are like the heavenly man.
49 Just as we are now like the earthly man, we will someday be like the heavenly man.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed! 52 It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed. 53 For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,[c] this Scripture will be fulfilled:

Death is swallowed up in victory.[d]
55 O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?[e]”

56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power.

57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
BRG, I'm sure you will miss your bishop's presence on this side of Heaven. :bighug:
I'm also happy for his homecoming/transformation, because shedding our earthly bodies is our last Victory in the battle against the Enemy. I Praise God as you and your church celebrate your bishop's physical life here on earth, his invaluable contributions to your church, to your spiritual walk, to the many souls he's won, to his works. I don't have to know him to believe that he dedicated his life on earth for others.

Our Crowns and Rewards await us on the other side. Amen... :Rose:

Death has lost its victory/ A beginning to an end
1 Corinthians 15:42-57

42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. 43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

45 The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.”[a] But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit.
46 What comes first is the natural body, then the spiritual body comes later.

47 Adam, the first man, was made from the dust of the earth, while Christ, the second man, came from heaven.
48 Earthly people are like the earthly man, and heavenly people are like the heavenly man.
49 Just as we are now like the earthly man, we will someday be like the heavenly man.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed! 52 It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed. 53 For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,[c] this Scripture will be fulfilled:

Death is swallowed up in victory.[d]
55 O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?[e]”

56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power.

57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is beautiful Laela... :yep: :Rose: :Rose: :Rose: