Progress Pics: August Update

Lorraine

I relaxed on Sunday and took some photos today and wanted to share my progress with you ladies. I am coming so close to bra strap but slowly.
I have been avoiding the temptation of buying new products
and sticking to the same ole Salerm, Creme of Nature shampoo, and Surge. More photos in my album (click on my name in my signature) if you want to check it out.
Many thanks to those ladies who always answer my many questions.

April/August Comparison Photo

ubavka123

It sure does grow fast! Man, I am jealous!
I love your curls! You'll be below the bra-strap soon enough at your rate!

Leslie_C

by the way have u been using the surge all this time? twice a day? and how often do u wash? protective styles? come on, spill it!!!!!

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
by the way have u been using the surge all this time? twice a day? and how often do u wash? protective styles? come on, spill it!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! I started using Surge when I joined the forum but then stopped for about two months. I wanted to wear my hair straight and it was making my roots wavy and difficult to manage. I started again three weeks ago. I spray in the AM before work then again before bed. I wash my hair every other day with Creme of Nature shampoo and condition with Salerm. I use the Alter Ego drops once a week and massage my scalp. I usually wash my hair, pop on the Ultra Black Hair moisturizer and put it in a bun. I used to wear it out but noticed that it stopped growing. I thought maybe the friction was damaging the ends. Finally, I have increased my protein intake with shakes, bars, etc. (I'm on Atkins...again).

Sorry, I gave you a mouthful but I hope that helps.

Lorraine

Thank you, ladies. I may not post a lot but I'm always reading the helpful tips. I must admit the shower cap tip someone provided weeks ago is a moisture miracle. My hair is still soft the next morning. Thank goodness I don't live with my man because it ain't pretty when I got to bed!

G

Dang Lorraine, What have you been doing girl? Your hair looks awesome. It has grown so much. I am going to put some color in the front of my hair like yours...it's too healthy and long.

Tai

Lorraine, your progress is amazing! That's tempting to me to try Surge. If I could just get over being scurred of it.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
I am coming so close to bra strap but slowly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slowly??!! Girl, you've gotta be kidding!! You have gotten a WHOLE LOT of growth in those 4 months!! At the rate you're going, you'll be at or very close to brastrap length by Christmas!!
You grow, girl!!

lovelymissyoli

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
...I am coming so close to bra strap but slowly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl pleez... I wish my hair grew as fast as yours
! Your hair is growing nicely and believe me you'll be at bra-strap in no time. Keep us posted and keep up the good hair care!

tlmack

This growth is amazing and fantastic. I'm hopeful that in 4 months my hair will have grown that much.

What city do you live in? What's the avg temperature there?

Britt

Lorraine your progress is amazing and your curls are soo pretty. You gained some length there in short time, keep it up
I thought you were natural ? How is your hair curly when you just got a relaxer?