Progress Pics: August Update

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
tlmack said:
This growth is amazing and fantastic. I'm hopeful that in 4 months my hair will have grown that much.

What city do you live in? What's the avg temperature there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in the DC metro area and the other ladies can attest to the rainy, humid days we have here (average 70 degrees). I was hoping for a little sunshine so I could really have a growth spurt.

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
Lorraine your progress is amazing and your curls are soo pretty. You gained some length there in short time, keep it up
I thought you were natural ? How is your hair curly when you just got a relaxer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, Britt. I'm relaxed.
Without the relaxer it would be out of control. The relaxer always leaves the curls a bit more manageable. Then, instead of drying and straightening my hair I let it air dry. You can see by my wet back that I don't to use a towel.
If I straighten it, it would be bone straight though, thanks to the relaxer.

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
I am coming so close to bra strap but slowly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slowly??!! Girl, you've gotta be kidding!! You have gotten a WHOLE LOT of growth in those 4 months!! At the rate you're going, you'll be at or very close to brastrap length by Christmas!!
You grow, girl!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I hope so!

Lorraine

Thank you, ladies. I thought it was growing slowly.

I think it's because I'm so impatient and everyone's album always has a nice photo of their long, strong hair. I've noticed that I have really thin hair so I have to be gentle with it and lay off the heat. That would explain my lack of cute styles in my album (sorry). Anyway, thanks for all the words of encouragement. Hopefully, I will reach my goal by Christmas.

@lthomas: If we are hair twins then I need to get a mirror because you have some awesome curls. Everytime I see your hair I have to do a double take because you could pass for a family member of mine (hair wise not personality. My family is crazy. LOL)

* with the exception of Sengschick

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
Your progress is wonderful! Your hair looks great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

P.S.
Your hair is gorgeous.
Love the new blowout pics.

Divastate

Your hair is looking great congrats on all that growth!!! Have you thought of maybe submitting your progress pics to Surge? I bet they'd love to make you a spokesmodel.

Tracy

wow - your growth rate is OFF THE RACK girl! Are you doing anything special or do you think you just grow fast. it takes me a YEAR to get that kind of growth! Your hair is GORGEOUS too! Those curls!

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
wow - your growth rate is OFF THE RACK girl! Are you doing anything special or do you think you just grow fast. it takes me a YEAR to get that kind of growth! Your hair is GORGEOUS too! Those curls!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... I dunno.
LOL. Besides the vitamins and daily washes I have changed my diet. I am a huge sugar machine and even though I haven't remained consistent with Atkins I have stopped my daily intake of cookies or brownies. Instead, I have protein bars and shakes. I only put heat on my hair once a month. You can see from my album that my hair doesn't respond well to heat -- no matter how minimal. Thank you for the compliments.

Now if only I could get that blonde out of my hair. I am going to color it natural black in another month. I can't wait.

Lorraine

@Aaliyah...: Thank you and congrats on the weight loss. Maybe I can join the club in another three weeks! LOL

@Miss Brown: Thank you. I'm trying. P.S. We still need to hook up in Dupont (after it stops raining everyday)

SweetNic_JA

okkkk, what are you eating?!! Congrats on the progress!
edited to say:
Ok, I just saw that you eat a lot of protein bars. Your growth rate is phenomenal. Has it always grown this fast? How long was ur hair as a child? How long is your mom's (or other female relatives) hair?

miss_brown

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
@Miss Brown: Thank you. I'm trying. P.S. We still need to hook up in Dupont (after it stops raining everyday)

[/ QUOTE ]

I know girl. Next Wednesday or Thursday would be cool. I'll PM you early next week

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
okkkk, what are you eating?!! Congrats on the progress!
edited to say:
Ok, I just saw that you eat a lot of protein bars. Your growth rate is phenomenal. Has it always grown this fast? How long was ur hair as a child? How long is your mom's (or other female relatives) hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!!! My hair has never been long. Even as a child it was only an inch or two past my shoulder blades. It has always been really thick but never long. During h.s. and up I began coloring it and thus damaging it in return.

My aunts all have hair to their waist. My mother has short hair (to her neck). She cut it off when she was ten and it grows back thick but to her shoulders at the most. I am feeding her tips from the board.

HTH.

AFashionSlave

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Tracy as they say in the south "You ain't neva lie"
I can't believe how fast your hair grows!

FLAME

wow.......I'm speechless. that was impressive..

I guess I better get to it and
my protien shakes too.

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
Reginia said:
I am going to put some color in the front of my hair like yours...it's too healthy and long.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Be careful. I have to keep the highlights moist all the time so my bangs don't break off.