February 26, 27 & 28.....What are your hair plans...???

SherylsTresses

:hiya: I'll be 30 weeks post this weekend. My hair plans are:

Clarify & Protein Regimen:

1. Clarify with KeraCare 1st Lather
  2. Shampoo with Joico K-Pak (Or should I follow w/ a moisture shampoo instead...???)
  3. Protein treatment with Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor per instructions, 5 mins
  4. DC with Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrating conditioner per instructions, 3-5 minutes
  5. Detangle in shower
  6. Final rinse with Roux Porosity control for 1 minute
  7. Apply Chi Keratin Mist, Silicon Mix leave-in and EVOO; spritz with water as needed
  8. Airdry in scarf method, part down the middle for curly ponytail
  9. Keep style using satin foam curlers
  10. Moisturize as needed with Nexxus Humectin and EVOO
  11. Massage edges with JBCO nightly for 5 minutes

What are your hair plans? :gorgeous:

JJamiah

I washed my hair with hair one Jojoba, I also used Yes To Carrots and steamed 30 minutes. Rinsed and it was well conditioned just dull. will mix with honey as suggested next weekend :) I will also add Aphogee 2 minute before hand. :)

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Going to co-wash with GVP Cond. Balm then use a lil as a leave-in and seal with EVOO. Air-drying in a high pony then maybe doing a twist-out for church.

natura87

I will DC my hair today and have my roommate rollerset it for me. Saturday is my Birthday and I havent worn my hair straight since my BC so I want to try something different. Oh and my BC anniversary is on March 2nd.

YAY ME!!!!!

Taleah2009

I am 13 months post.
1. Wash with CON (orange bottle)
2. Deep condition probably overnight with ORS hair mayo mixed with EVOO and honey:lick:
3. Detangle with Suave
4. Apply Giovanni direct leave-in and CHI Keratin Mist
5. Twist on wet hair with Nexxus extra gel and MJ curly pudding, set ends on perm rods
6. Take out twists Sunday morning for church and for a twist out for the week

SherylsTresses

I will DC my hair today and have my roommate rollerset it for me. Saturday is my Birthday and I havent worn my hair straight since my BC so I want to try something different. Oh and my BC anniversary is on March 2nd.

YAY ME!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...!!!

:birthday2:yay::dance7::birthday3::rosebud:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I'm 9 weeks post, going for 12. I can't believe I'm almost done.

On Saturday, I will:

1. Pre-poo with Motions CPR for 10 minutes.
2. CWC with Organix Vanilla Silk Shampoo and Organix Coconut Milk Condish.
3. Steam with Keracare Humecto, honey, and castor oil for 45 minutes, with 30 minute cool down time.
4. Use PC for 1 minute, and follow with a cold water rinse.
5. Detangle hair with Kid's Organics Shea Butter Lotion.
6. Rollerset with water, Chi Silk Infusion, and a little Vatika Oil.
7. Silk Wrap.
8. Flat iron roots.

chelleypie810

Clarify w/ Ion hard water shampoo
DC w/ ion effective care treatment, then with ao hsr
Use roux pc for final rinse
Use Beyond the Zone last call leave in
Air dry, throw in extensions then bun

Whimsy

I'm dealing with some awful heat damage right now.

Today/Thursday:
DCing this morning, wearing a wash n go later to my audi, then cowashing tonight and braiding it up for a braidout tomorrow.

Friday:
I have a shoot so my hair is going to take some wear n tear, not sure what they'll be doing to it, but I'm buying a wig so if they want straight hair I can offer that up as an option.

Saturday:
I'm going to the BSS today (or friday) and buying some protein treatements and moisturizing DCs. I'll cowash and then braid or twist up my hair for a braidout/twistout for Sunday's audition.

Sunday:
Protein treatment, followed by a hearty moisturizing DC and braid up after I get home from audi.

- i use heat with all my DCs
- my goals right now are to baby my hair and see if I can get any damaged pieces to revert

Whimsy

YAY ME!!!!!

HAPPY BORN DAY!!!!

growinstrong

I'm actually taking suggestions. I'm new to this DIY thing and need help. I will be 2 weeks post this weekend and will be my first wash since my relaxer. I am not really sure if I should be restoring protein to my hair, doing a moisturizing DC or both :ohwell:. What do you ladies think. On hand, I have:

Shampoo: Nexuss Therappe and that's it :ohwell:. (Need suggestions for another shampoo)

Conditioners: Silk Elements MegaSilk Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise, Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment, Aussie Moist 3 Min Deeep, VO5 Strawberries and Cream

Moisturizer: ORS olive oil in the bottle

Leave-in: HH LTR, Chi Keratin Mist

Oils: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Proclaim 7 olive oil

What you think ladies?

Whimsy

I will be 2 weeks post this weekend and will be my first wash since my relaxer. I am not really sure if I should be restoring protein to my hair, doing a moisturizing DC or both :ohwell:.

What you think ladies?

I'd suggest you do the protein followed by the moisturizing DC.

Congrats on your DIY adventure :)

nymane

Today I'm going to mix henna with honey, water, and a little lemon juice...

Tomorrow I'll shampoo, apply my henna mix (leave it on for 4 hrs), DC with either AO HSR OR Silicon Mix, and then roller set...man that will probably be my whole day :ohwell:

ConsiderCamille

I'm getting my hair braided today! Ladies please pray that they come out okay...I have yet to find a good braider in my area and the last two times I paid big bucks to get my hair done and they lasted no more than 2 weeks (with extensions!) I'm shooting for 2 months this time:rolleyes:

loolalooh

February 27:
Twistout in the day time
Prepoo, wash, condition in the evening

February 28:
New set of big twists (wear for 4 weeks)

naturalepiphany

Trying something new this weekend
Normal Prepoo/Hot Oil Treatment with Amla and Coconut Oil and Wash with Ayurvedic Tea Rinse, DC under dryer
New: Attempt a real rollerset again (I think I may be able to do it this time), silk wrap after wards with saran wrap. Wish me luck I'm on my way to the BSS to find a good product to wrap with. I've tried lottabody and I'm not really in love with it.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post my results in my fotki.

SherylsTresses

Trying something new this weekend
Normal Prepoo/Hot Oil Treatment with Amla and Coconut Oil and Wash with Ayurvedic Tea Rinse, DC under dryer
New: Attempt a real rollerset again (I think I may be able to do it this time), silk wrap after wards with saran wrap. Wish me luck I'm on my way to the BSS to find a good product to wrap with. I've tried lottabody and I'm not really in love with it.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post my results in my fotki.

Have you though about KeraCare Foam Wrap lotion?

ms.blue

YAY ME!!!!!

Happy birthaday!:grin: My birthday is on March 2nd

OrangeMoon

Wash, protein treatment, deep condition, air dry in multiple ponytails and maybe get some braids of find a lace front wig.

discodumpling

Sitting with DC (Alter Ego) in my hair right now. I have a wedding to attend Sunday Afternoon & haven't decided if i'm going to roller set or bantu knot-out. Leaning towards the knot-out cause it's easier & quicker :)

gymfreak336

I have a school event tomorrow so I am washing when I come home tonight. Depending on what I do this weekend, I might wash again on Sunday

Tonight
Shampoo with Jasons Natural Lavender shampoo :love: this
Condition with heat for 20 minutes with Duo Tex
Apply kenra mc for 3-5 minutes
Rinse and use Salerm 21 leave in
Rollerset with lottabody or Organix Coconut mousse...don't really know yet.

I would like to apply some black rinse today but I think I need the duo tex more. Plus, its time for my next trim so I might just wait until I get that done.

hair_rehab

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary as a natural ~YAY!~

I have a lot to do tomorrow so I will probably just cowash and perfect my finger coiling skills and wear that style through the weekend.

KinkyGenius

Since I just "colored" my hair with Sebastians Cellophanes last Saturday after my relaxer, my main focus will be moisture this weekend:

Pre-Poo (30 minutes under Pibbs)
- Hairveda's CoCosta Shikaki Oil on my scalp
- Organic honey on my length

Wash
- 2x with diluted Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo in color applicator bottle

Deep Conditioner (45 mins to an hour under Steamer)
- Mix of Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner, Avocado oil, JBCO and a capful of silk amino acid
- Rinse out with "cold water" and use Porosity Control for final rinse

Leave-ins and Style
- Add Biolage Daily Leave-In Tonic (to roots and length), Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner (on ends), Aphogee Kerain & Green Tea, Restructurizer (all over) and a little Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixir (all over, focusing on ends)
- Rollerset with just water
- Silk Wrap adding a little bit of Camellia Seed oil to the wrap for shine and softness

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

Celebrate APL! :yay:

Wash with Giovanni & Keracare Poo
Protein Treatment with Affirm 5-in-1 or Giovanni
Deep Con with Mizani Moisturefuse
Braidout on Damp hair using Coconut Oil & conditioner

Sunday- rock the braidout again b/c Monday I go back to co-washing and bunning!

Last edited:

outspokenwallflower

I'm going to be washing as usual but instead of flat ironing or attempting an as usual horrid rollerset, I'm going to be using my Strawllers to make a straw set or a cute curly look. Wish me luck, cuz I'm scared! :) lol