Random Christian Thoughts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pebbles

Thank you, sis. I'm tired of people taking my kindness for weakness.

As believers, we are warring all the day long and yes, we are to always reveal Christ in our lives, or at least as much as possible...we aren't perfect. But, we are not doormats and I refuse to allow people to step on me like I am one....I refuse!

There is righteous anger that has stirred up in me. It started on Sunday and I'm sure there is something I am going to learn soon...thank the Lord. I always put myself in a position of learning...its apart of teaching.

Jesus told the disciples to wash each other's feet...to be servants. Being a servant doesn't mean being walked over. I know you know this, I'm just sharing.

The Christians on this forum have been quiet too long...its time to stand up for what we know is right and true...it doesn't take away from who we are and whose we are.

I am a person who likes to laugh and have a good time, but I know when the enemy is attacking...and I fight back. My friends always tell me that they are glad to have me praying with them....I pray until I get results...in other words: I fight until the end..I don't have time to play..for the enemy is prowling like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour.

I'm going to bed now.....have a blessed evening, my sister.

Nice and Wavy, I just got through reading that thread from last night. My hats off to you! I have new found respect for you. I've always respected you, but you are now a giant, in my mind. I applaud your boldness, and thank you profoundly for your defense and support. :rosebud:

pebbles

You know what I used to be like you. People could say anything and do just about anything and I would try and keep the peace. My pastor told me that confrontation is necessary. People can't just do what they want to do to others. God said turn the other cheek but from my reading and studying that text, I really don't believe that He ever meant for us to be hit on that side too. I'm going to speak the truth and confront things head on. This lukewarm stuff doesn't work at all.

Thank-you!!! :yep:

blazingthru

I don't like songs or christian, gospel songs where they sing about the devil. He is the devil why are we singing about him giving him any time at all. Like shake the devil off. I don't sing those types of songs

I am giving up secular music too. Whats the point.

divya

I don't like songs or christian, gospel songs where they sing about the devil. He is the devil why are we singing about him giving him any time at all. Like shake the devil off. I don't sing those types of songs

I am giving up secular music too. Whats the point.

Well, I believe that those songs are meant to keep people aware of the fact that there is a spiritual war going on. :yep:

kandake

I almost didn't make it to church this past Sunday. I forgot about daylight savings. When I finally realized that I was an hour behind schedule, I contemplated not going to church. But, I pressed my way even though I was an hour late.

My pastor mentioned in church about how he knew it would be a struggle for people that day. Because of the rain and daylight savings. He just went off about the devil and thanked everybody for their faithfulness (toward GOD).

The spirit was really thick in the room already and I just started praising GOD and crying really hard. I think "faithfulness" got to me because I started thinking about how GOD is soooo faithful to me and how I just cast him aside all too often. And that day would have been one of those times where I cast him aside, all because of daylight savings. I'm so glad I went to church that day.

Sorry so long

Last edited:

**Tasha*Love**

That wasn't long at all...actually my spirit was convicted for the times that I miss church and make excuses. Weather, nothing to wear (yeah right), hair not like I want it, blah, blah, blah, excuses, excuses.

God is so faithful to me, why do I fail at being faithful to Him?

I almost didn't make it to church this past Sunday. I forgot about daylight savings. When I finally realized that I was an hour behind schedule, I contemplated not going to church. But, I pressed my way even though I was an hour late.

My pastor mentionedin church about how he knew it would be a struggle for people that day. Because of the rain and daylight savings. He just went off about the devil and thanked everybody for the faithfulness (toward GOD).

The spirit was really thick in the room already and I just started praising GOD and crying really hard. I think "faithfulness" got to me because I started thinking about how GOD is soooo faithful to me and how I just cast him aside all too often. And that day would have been one of those times where I cast him aside, all because of daylight savings. I'm so glad I went to church that day.

Sorry so long

PaperClip

Sometimes I want the Lord to CRACK THE SKY and come for me when the pain seems so unbearable.

Then there are the days when I cry because I wonder if I will have enough time for the godly desires/promises of the Lord will be manifested in the natural....

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Sometimes I want the Lord to CRACK THE SKY and come for me when the pain seems so unbearable.

Then there are the days when I cry because I wonder if I will have enough time for the godly desires/promises of the Lord will be manifested in the natural....
"At Last".... has your name written upon it... :giveheart:

Nice & Wavy

You post made me think. In life generally, people tend to say and do what they want to Christians and it's almost ok to. They wouldn't say or do half the things they do if we were muslim. We almost don't have a voice. I'm one of those Christians that just pray on it and sit back 'cos I don't like confrontation and try to live my life as much as possible from a place of agreement but I guess there's nothing wrong with standing up for what we know is right and true.
I totally understand...most of us would love to live this way, but we must not allow the enemy to gain ground in our lives....no matter what!

You know what I used to be like you. People could say anything and do just about anything and I would try and keep the peace. My pastor told me that confrontation is necessary. People can't just do what they want to do to others. God said turn the other cheek but from my reading and studying that text, I really don't believe that He ever meant for us to be hit on that side too. I'm going to speak the truth and confront things head on. This lukewarm stuff doesn't work at all.
Amen, and amen!

Jesus told the Pharisees and Sadducees this:
Matthew 23

13 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! .....

16 "Woe to you, blind guides!.....

17 You blind fools! ......

19 You blind men!......

26 Blind Pharisee! .....

27 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.

28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

33 "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

"O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh." -Matthew 12:34

Jesus called it as He saw it, with a righteous indignation. He did it because He knew what was up with their hearts.

We need to be more like Jesus.....

Nice and Wavy, I just got through reading that thread from last night. My hats off to you! I have new found respect for you. I've always respected you, but you are now a giant, in my mind. I applaud your boldness, and thank you profoundly for your defense and support. :rosebud:
Pebbles....I am humbled by your post and truly blessed to know you and have you in my life. Thank you for your kind words....I appreciate your post...I really do.

Thank you.....:kiss:

topsyturvy86

I know your ways are not mine Lord, but please show me your ways. In my situation, I don't understand what's happening but I trust You and know that You have my best interest at heart and whatever the situation now, it is all working out for my good. I refuse to be afraid or down about this. Instead, I thank You because it wasn't meant to be, perhaps not the right place for me. Please give me direction, favour, and strength to carry on. It is well in Jesus's name. Amen.

Nice & Wavy

If you don't like what is being said....pray about it!

Being a believer in Jesus does not translate to being a doormat.

KIM

tgrowe

This song crossed my heart tonight and prompted a praise and a smile. Be blessed.

Tragedies are common place
All kinds of diseases, people are slipping away
Economy's down, people don't get enough pay
But as for me, all I can say is, "Thank you Lord for all you done for me."

Folks without homes are in the streets
And the drug habit some say they just can't beat
Muggers and robbers, no place seems to be safe
But you've been my protection every step of the way
And I wanna say, "Thank you Lord for all you've done for me."

It could've been me out doors with no food and no clothes
Or left all alone without a friend or just another number with a tragic end
But you didn't see fit to let none of these things be
And everyday by your power you keep on blessing me
I wanna say, "Thank you Lord for all you done for me."

- Bishop Walter Hawkins
"Thank You"​

Last edited:

Ramya

Sometimes, God reminds us just how amazing He is! There is no one and I mean NO one like Jesus. He is the first and the last, the beginning and the end. It's because of Him that I can cry 'Abba Father' and shout Hallelujah! So sometimes, I just have to sing to the Lord and let Him know just how much I reverence Him. And tonight I couldn't think of any other song but this:

Only You are holy
Only You are worthy
Only You are wonderful
For there's no one else like You
Who is faithful ever true
All my love, my heart, my life
Is a testimony
Only You are holy

Amen!

kandake

That wasn't long at all...actually my spirit was convicted for the times that I miss church and make excuses. Weather, nothing to wear (yeah right), hair not like I want it, blah, blah, blah, excuses, excuses.

God is so faithful to me, why do I fail at being faithful to Him?

I'm glad you were able to get something from my testimony. I also think is good to know that we are not alone in our struggles.

PaperClip

Tuesday, March 10, 2009, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ made a way of provision for me in relation to my current educational process. I am STILL IN AWE. Where there is a vision, there is provision! All

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Tuesday, March 10, 2009, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ made a way of provision for me in relation to my current educational process. I am STILL IN AWE. Where there is a vision, there is provision! All

I really needed to be encouraged by that! The Lord is faithful, praise His name.

envybeauty

Rebuke the devil when he speaks against what God has for you. Jesus did just that when Peter said Jesus would not go to the cross and Jesus immediatly said, "Get thee behind me Satan."

Don't let people speak negativity to your future.
Don't let them speak against God's will for your life.
Call the devil out when he is using those close to you to dissuade you.

inthepink

Wow - this is something I struggle with as well. That I'm supposed to turn the other cheek and you know when you turn the other cheek, that person will absolutely proceed to hit you there, too!

I am learning. I was/am all about keeping the peace and I do believe there's a right and wrong way to talk to people. Especially if it's someone you love.

Ramya

Christian Fellowship Forum For prayer requests, daily devotions, and for believers of Jesus Christ to discuss topics related to Christianity.

Clearly the description of this forum has been missed. I don't like what's been going on lately. I remember when I used to lurk LHCF, long before I was a member. The Christian Fellowship Forum was the reason I joined LHCF. Not for hair or the forums that I couldn't even see but because of the Light that the ladies had here and how BOLDLY and ACCURATELY they spoke the TRUTH. I miss that. :(

TrustMeLove

I would be a HOT MESS w/o Jesus.

I'm doing this lent thing right...(that's my hood speak) and the things I've given up I go in search for....like I'm not suppose to be intaking sweets but I will decide to have something sweet if I can find this exact candy that I like. I know of the store that sells it so I drive all the way out there. I just had it a few weeks ago so I know it is there..

I get there..candy gone and under new management.

I'm like are you kidding me? Than I get back in the car and just SMH and say THANK YOU JESUS!

Little stuff like that...I had made it up in my mind to break my fast and the Lord kept me anyhow..Hallelujah!

He knows I need my break throughs more than I even recognize that I need them...he is keeping me daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.