Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

beingofserenity

What I've found regarding my hair....

Water hydrates and helps detangle
Deep conditioners strengthen and fortify and soften but not enough to go without leave in
Oils don't moisturize, but nourish and keep ends from tangling together. Add slip.
Heavy butters, creams, greases like lanolin nourish, make hairs slide against each other instead of slip, keep ends from forming knots and provide protective barrier against humidity so hair doesn't shrink up.

Honey Bee

Oh, yeah?!?? :lol:

Do tell? What are October Scorpios known to be like?

P.S. :wave: Hi, HoneyBee. Like time no "see." I'm loving your hair journey. Impressive work! :yep:
(These are my own opinions, just to be clear.) I find that they're more Libra-like. How that plays out irl? Drake is a good example: stereotypical Scorp male behavior, but with a Libra overlay to make him seem nice. :rolleyes: Does that make sense? I don't know how it might work for you (though I've noted some of that typical Scorp obsessiveness re: your hair journey, lol).

YvetteWithJoy

On break
(These are my own opinions, just to be clear.) I find that they're more Libra-like. How that plays out irl? Drake is a good example: stereotypical Scorp male behavior, but with a Libra overlay to make him seem nice. :rolleyes: Does that make sense? I don't know how it might work for you (though I've noted some of that typical Scorp obsessiveness re: your hair journey, lol).

Ha!

I shared a detailed response and put it somewhere more appropriate on the board.

But just briefly: I think being super sensitive and emotional and being raised in the church to care about people's feelings "thwarts" what would have been my temperament/personality otherwise. So, the niceness, while genuine, exists despite my being easily irritated by unkindness and meanness. I definitely obsess over some things some times. I worry all the time that I am bothering people. I married a man who has a calming, "take-it-down-a-notch-and-don't-forget-to-relax-and-be-at-peace" effect upon me, thank goodness. I am peace-adoring, a little too detailed, worry-prone, and super silly. But I do make quick judgments about what I deem uncool behavior and I won't confront it usually (because I feel people are free to be themselves; who am I?), but I will feel highly irritated about it. Maybe that is "seeming nice," but not being it. :smile: Other than thought, other people's okayness is really important to me, genuinely. :yep: It's a major part of why I combat a lot of stress: I worry about everyone and so many things. I have to work purposely to relax, enjoy, not worry, and reside in calm peace. One good thing: God gave me a deep capacity for enjoyment and humor and laughter. I'm always chuckling and guffawing over SOMETHING!

ETA: My sense of humor is kind of mean, I guess! (I fall out laughing at comedies about people being irritated by irritating folks.) I don't know why! Husband side-eyes me ALL the time about this. :smile:

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm going to try very hard to take a social media break so that I can focus on fitness, health, family, and work.

I know myself: I will log in to LHCF if I'm able. So, I'm going to make that impossible for myself. ;)

I plan to return in December slimmer and stronger and healthier. I also hope to have before and after hair growth photos: I have designed a simple Netwurks-based MHM-inspired hair regimen that I hope to try for the month of November.

Since I won't be logging in (though I might log in on and right after the election), I'll only be able to see publicly viewable posts here at LHCF when I'm lurking. I left contact email on my profile page in case anyone needs/wants to contact me.

Ladies, thank you so much for all of the information, love, help, laughter, tips, entertainment, and camaraderie! What a wonderful group of women!!! (And men? :look: :smile:)

"See" you in December!

Beany

A friend of mine was in Target today (yesterday on the east coast) and asked if I needed anything. I told him to get a few bottles of CD styling foam. I hear him ask one of the workers where the "hair stuff" was smh. He gets to the aisle and the foam is sold out, he says "I see the slot where it was, but nothing is there." Long pause "I see why you hoard your products."

Me:

He then tells me "if all y'all (women) just bought one, everybody could have something, but noooo you need 8 of the same thing."

Me: I'm getting 6 bottles next month.

Him: it's like talking to a wall.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I think I'm done coloring my hair for a while. It's not damaged or unhealthy, I just dye it one color then wish it was another then dye it that color and start missing the old color. I'm too indecisive lol. I was blonde, then red now I want jet black hair but I know in a few weeks I'll want light hair again.

princess_z

Might have to start washing my hair twice a week.

I've been trying to go to the gym before work M-F and I don't know if it's the sweat or the change in the weather but it doesn't seem like my wash and go has been lasting as long.

My hair is also growing like a weed.

imaginary

Did a bootleg (braided or pony-tailed roots) perm-rod set and while it was super easy to install I know it's gonna take forever to dry. Bless this softhood dryer attachment.

ETA: Perm-rods may be my go-to for stretching now. I just have to resist my lazy and use more rods so they dry faster and get more rubber bands for ponytails.

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I have fermented rice water sitting in the frig for me to test tomorrow.

I had ordered a product, believing it was straight protein, plant extracts, and oil. ¡BUZZ! Cetearyl alcohol was the second ingredient. Uncle, I give up, white flag waving... I will have to make my own. Lotioncrafters, please give me discounts...

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I have fermented rice water sitting in the frig for me to test tomorrow.

I had ordered a product, believing it was straight protein, plant extracts, and oil. ¡BUZZ! Cetearyl alcohol was the second ingredient. Uncle, I give up, white flag waving... I will have to make my own. Lotioncrafters, please give me discounts...
Can you use Ultra Sheen Duo Tex?
It's only $5 and you can get it on the ground. It doesn't have any fatty alcohols in it. It does have parabens though. I found this for you http://greenbeautyproducts.com/real-protein-treatment/ it's straight wheat protein.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I'm going to try very hard to take a social media break so that I can focus on fitness, health, family, and work.

I know myself: I will log in to LHCF if I'm able. So, I'm going to make that impossible for myself. ;)

I plan to return in December slimmer and stronger and healthier. I also hope to have before and after hair growth photos: I have designed a simple Netwurks-based MHM-inspired hair regimen that I hope to try for the month of November.

Since I won't be logging in (though I might log in on and right after the election), I'll only be able to see publicly viewable posts here at LHCF when I'm lurking. I left contact email on my profile page in case anyone needs/wants to contact me.

Ladies, thank you so much for all of the information, love, help, laughter, tips, entertainment, and camaraderie! What a wonderful group of women!!! (And men? :look: :smile:)

"See" you in December!
Aww @YvetteWithJoy !!! I'm really going to miss you! In the short time you've been here you have made such an impact. Your positivity and enthusiasm have made the hair board fun again. I can't wait to see what you have to tell us come December. :sneakyhug: