Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Anaisin

I believe I just unintentionally learned how to get a good twist out.

After washing, SM LP leave in + Qhemet AOHC + Wetline extreme gel. I was being extra and instead of braiding 4 sections, I made twists in one section and used the gel. Took them out this morning and the twists were so soft, shiny & defined. I need to try it one day

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Can you use Ultra Sheen Duo Tex?
It's only $5 and you can get it on the ground. It doesn't have any fatty alcohols in it. It does have parabens though. I found this for you http://greenbeautyproducts.com/real-protein-treatment/ it's straight wheat protein.
I looked at Duo Tex years ago, too strong for my hair. I have cheched out the one at Green Beauty but passed on it because I wanted something with silk amino acids and DS2 is deathly allergic to wheat (he is 13 but still nosy like a toddler).

Thank you for helping me out.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
PostImage keeps changing the URL of my pics and is on the verge of collapse. I need another place to host pics, Photobucket?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I have fermented rice water sitting in the frig for me to test tomorrow.

I had ordered a product, believing it was straight protein, plant extracts, and oil. ¡BUZZ! Cetearyl alcohol was the second ingredient. Uncle, I give up, white flag waving... I will have to make my own. Lotioncrafters, please give me discounts...

When they do, let me know. Soapgoods is good to, but it's not the prices.... it's the shipping.

Are you allergic to palm oil?

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
When they do, let me know. Soapgoods is good to, but it's not the prices.... it's the shipping.

Are you allergic to palm oil?
Will do.

I actually have samples sizes of both palm kernal and fruit oil to test. That will be done this morning after my shower. I keep forgetting I have them for some reason, bought earlier this year to test.
:whyme:
Thanks for the reminder!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I has question: how does one know if a gel is a hit or miss?

For whole head application, Im looking at flaking, agreement with products used prior to application, second day hair, and how it feels (dry versus moisturized).

For edges, Im looking for flaking and build-up over the course of 5 days.

Flaking is an automatic miss. Which is why I don't use Eco.Styler.

imaginary

I looked at Duo Tex years ago, too strong for my hair. I have cheched out the one at Green Beauty but passed on it because I wanted something with silk amino acids and DS2 is deathly allergic to wheat (he is 13 but still nosy like a toddler).

Thank you for helping me out.

I got my silk amino acid powder from ebay and it worked well for me. Maybe just order samples sizes of different proteins from a few places and see which ones work the best/are the most reasonable.