Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Guinan

Re-Branding
Yo I am so tight right now. I lost this new job too. She interviewed and hired on the spot someone else with more experience on my first official day of work. I was no longer needed.:cry3:

what I don't understand is hiring someone if you have other interviews to do. It was waste of my time and energy.

I'm so tired of this. I hate having to beg for work scraps. It seems that I have to just start my own thing.

I'm sorry to hear this. Lifting you up in prayers. I hope you find something soon and better

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Oh my! I am so sorry to hear that! She sounds so lousy. :mad:

May I ask what kinda salons you're interviewing at? Also, do the regulations vary by state about how new cosmetologists must work? I ask because here in GA, girls pass their state boards, hop right into salons, pay their booth rent, and that's it. It's like everyone does their own thing.

I don't have the clientele to booth rent so I was looking for an assistant position. I would literally be paying for an empty chair

Curls&Justice417

I need to stop watching all these YouTube tutorials and stop trying to imitate their hair and make my hair be something that it's not.

I'm done trying new product after new product. I was watching an old video by Shlinda and she said she had found some products that worked pretty well but was constantly looking for the next best thing. The product from the heavens. That was me. I've tried tons of leave ins, styling products and I've used 7 deep conditioners since October trying to find the best one!! No more of that. It's a waste of money and how do I expect to get any results without consistency??

I don't know what the heck happened this past week, but my hair feels like straw and the ends are rough and look fried! Some kind of product didn't agree with my hair. I've got breakage now. I hope I don't have to cut my hair because I got 1.5-2 inches of growth since my cut in early October. All that down the drain.:( I'm sorry hair. I'm sorry I did wrong by you lol

Anaisin

I don't have the clientele to booth rent so I was looking for an assistant position. I would literally be paying for an empty chair

Did you just start doing hair when you went to beauty school? Most pro hairstylist I know started off in their homes, by the time they got their license and owned or co owned a salon they already had a solid clientele from years ago

Evolving78

Get a couple of models and post some specials on fb. Are you good at braiding? I would post some pics of some feed in braids and crochet. Maybe you can travel? I travel, since I freelance as a makeup artists and I do eyebrows. Are you good at mani and pedis? Do you have a Walmart or JCPenny in your area?

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
Guys... I skipped wash day. :rolleyes: I didn't want to try flat twisting my whole head lol. I decided (as I was contemplating my hair life) that I'm going to just wait until my hair is longer to do the flat twists.
I'd like to find an in-between scalp refresher because I do not want shedding and my scalp is oily now for some reason??? Its been two weeks and I finally see flakes so I think two weeks is my scalp's cut-off date. Imma try three-parts white vinegar to seven-parts water and just rub it into my scalp once a week. Hope it doesn't leave a scent that lingers. I know that when I clean with it the smell goes away so we'll see. If I can do that and it actually WORKS? Wash day... goodbye. :lachen:Wait... this might not be so good, actually.

Evolving78

Guys... I skipped wash day. :rolleyes: I didn't want to try flat twisting my whole head lol. I decided (as I was contemplating my hair life) that I'm going to just wait until my hair is longer to do the flat twists.
I'd like to find an in-between scalp refresher because I do not want shedding and my scalp is oily now for some reason??? Its been two weeks and I finally see flakes so I think two weeks is my scalp's cut-off date. Imma try three-parts white vinegar to seven-parts water and just rub it into my scalp once a week. Hope it doesn't leave a scent that lingers. I know that when I clean with it the smell goes away so we'll see. If I can do that and it actually WORKS? Wash day... goodbye. :lachen:Wait... this might not be so good, actually.
Try a dry shampoo

Aggie

@Napp ((big hugs))

@Aggie @rileypak You guys have wigs from Toni Daley and Fingercomber, right? Do you have a preference for either company's wigs?
Yes I prefer Fingercomber. Fingercomber looks more realistic plus I don't have to much work to get them to fit my sense of style since they already come pretty much ready to wear. I am looking forward to getting maybe 2 more styles next year.

Aggie

Oh dear @Napp, I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you. I am certainly going to keep you in my prayers for direction. I believe you can do your own thing. Give it a try, you'll be surprised how well it will work out. Like others have stated, you just may have dodged a bullet and is now being pushed to succeed on your own like a baby eagle out of it's nest.

Philippians413

I'm a little peeved at myself. I placed an order for some products on 11/28 and canceled the same night when I realized I ordered the wrong things (the site says you have 24 hours to cancel). I didn't hear back from the shop owner, but I figured that she was getting bombarded with emails due to the sale, so it would take a while. I planned on following up but completely forgot. Unfortunately, I just got a shipping notice. :confused: Lesson learned. Next time, I'll be hitting up shop owners every other day until I get a response. :look:

Aggie

I'm a little peeved at myself. I placed an order for some products on 11/28 and canceled the same night when I realized I ordered the wrong things (the site says you have 24 hours to cancel). I didn't hear back from the shop owner, but I figured that she was getting bombarded with emails due to the sale, so it would take a while. I planned on following up but completely forgot. Unfortunately, I just got a shipping notice. :confused: Lesson learned. Next time, I'll be hitting up shop owners every other day until I get a response. :look:
Yikes! I would hate it if that happened to me.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Today, as I watched wash and go tutorials, I was struck by the fact that this youtuber applied a leave in and TWO cream stylers without any white spots. It just soaked into her hair and went clear. Is that what having normal or high porosity hair is like? Something so simple is truly shocking to me because my low po hair could never!

#lowpoproblems

Dayjoy

Old School Member
@Napp Dangit! That really sucks, but the first thing I thought when I read your post, which some other members have also said, was that you dodged a bullet. This particular lady wasn't right. The right opportunity will come. Maybe you can do some of your friends' and family members' hair, especially when you know they'll be out and about, and arm them with your business cards. I know I am always watching ladies' hair when I'm out and asking them about it. Might be constant work, but you could also be your own advertising when you're out. This could help if you have the ability to set up shop in your home or if you are willing to be a traveling stylist. We are still praying for you!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Philippians413
I'm dealing with a "situation" right now and I have emailed the seller multiple times (no response).

I just filed a PP Dispute with her. Unfortunately, sometimes, a PP Dispute is the only thing that gets their attention.

I know folks are busy this time of year, but come on, you can take time to answer a simple question. And this is like my 4th (or maybe) 5th order with her.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Vendors, I need, no, demand you put the ingredients of your products on your sites. Some of us has allergies and/or sensitivities and the number of people with them is on the rise. Don't worry; most of us are either too lazy or have no desire to dupe your products.

Thank you.

Evolving78

It's so crazy how things cycle. I wonder if you'll be that island 5-10 years from now.
It always seems that way for me! Lol but a lot of people are starting to cut their hair short and wear pixie styles, or swoop bangs. Like now that folks are getting in their 40's they cut their hair. Super long hair isn't that popular right now either. I'm going to JCPenny today to get some Keracare! lol I was gonna go to Sally's, but it cost more.