Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I think I'm going to start stretching my hair before styling. I've got the deep wave curlformers but that takes awhile to install. Maybe banding...

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Washing my hair every day has been one of the best things I have done for my hair, at least for the time being. My mom shampoos her hair every day too, and her hair always has grown crazy fast. I guess this is just what works for my hair needs.

I think I'm going to try a variation on a "wash and go" and do wet twist outs for a while. It will give my curls a little stretch and I can focus more on how my hair feels vs how it looks if that makes sense.

My hair feels so feathery and silky! It feels like different hair! I have been using Aussie moist shampoo and condish. Daily shampooing is so good for me.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Today, as I watched wash and go tutorials, I was struck by the fact that this youtuber applied a leave in and TWO cream stylers without any white spots. It just soaked into her hair and went clear. Is that what having normal or high porosity hair is like? Something so simple is truly shocking to me because my low po hair could never!

#lowpoproblems

Curses.

Because I get white spots after the leave In.

Royalq

Vendors, I need, no, demand you put the ingredients of your products on your sites. Some of us has allergies and/or sensitivities and the number of people with them is on the rise. Don't worry; most of us are either too lazy or have no desire to dupe your products.

Thank you.
Right? Who the heck is going to dupe those complex chemicals that make me bite my tongue trying to pronounce it. I just wanna know if it has coconut oil because my hair hates it. They act like its some secret krabby patty recipe.

Evolving78

ughhh I want to hit the check out button but I neverr spend this much on hair products in one sitting :oops::nono2:. I keep trying to tell myself this is just an early Christmas gift to myself but I still keep taking stuff out of my cart :cry3: why can't I let my fur be great
I'm rocking back and forth now deciding if I should hit the submit button! I have been looking for this product for over a year! It's what I need!

beingofserenity

Washing my hair every day has been one of the best things I have done for my hair, at least for the time being. My mom shampoos her hair every day too, and her hair always has grown crazy fast. I guess this is just what works for my hair needs.

I think I'm going to try a variation on a "wash and go" and do wet twist outs for a while. It will give my curls a little stretch and I can focus more on how my hair feels vs how it looks if that makes sense.

My hair feels so feathery and silky! It feels like different hair! I have been using Aussie moist shampoo and condish. Daily shampooing is so good for me.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you have mostly been a frequent cleanser? What do you think is different about daily shampoo and conditioning for your hair? I kind of want to try it too. My hair loves water and it accepts moisture better after shampoo.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you have mostly been a frequent cleanser? What do you think is different about daily shampoo and conditioning for your hair? I kind of want to try it too. My hair loves water and it accepts moisture better after shampoo.

Yes I have always been on a frequent cleansing schedule but I would shampoo like twice a week and cowash in between which I think was causing too much build up on my hair (the cowashing). It's not so much that I need to shampoo daily, I just need to shampoo each time I redo my hair which, lately, happens to be every day. Completely removing all product before styling again lets my hair breathe and like you said, allows it to accept moisture better :smile: give it a try!! You may find that it works really well for you too!!

beingofserenity

Yes I have always been on a frequent cleansing schedule but I would shampoo like twice a week and cowash in between which I think was causing too much build up on my hair (the cowashing). It's not so much that I need to shampoo daily, I just need to shampoo each time I redo my hair which, lately, happens to be every day. Completely removing all product before styling again lets my hair breathe and like you said, allows it to accept moisture better :smile: give it a try!! You may find that it works really well for you too!!

Okay, that makes sense! I think I may fall under the same boat in that shampooing to remove all product when I need to redo my hair is more effective than co-washing or just water rinsing.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I shampooed my hair on Sunday and I really overdid it. I washed it like 2-4 times because my scalp felt itchy and yucky, but it sucked all the moisture out of my hair. While I am in these crochet braids, I want to try clarifying my hair with very diluted vinegar. So I'll be using that and my braid spray to cleanse and condition. I'm inspired by the poster who stopped using commercial products on her hair with great results.
Try diluted apple cider vinegar.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Guys... I skipped wash day. :rolleyes: I didn't want to try flat twisting my whole head lol. I decided (as I was contemplating my hair life) that I'm going to just wait until my hair is longer to do the flat twists.
I'd like to find an in-between scalp refresher because I do not want shedding and my scalp is oily now for some reason??? Its been two weeks and I finally see flakes so I think two weeks is my scalp's cut-off date. Imma try three-parts white vinegar to seven-parts water and just rub it into my scalp once a week. Hope it doesn't leave a scent that lingers. I know that when I clean with it the smell goes away so we'll see. If I can do that and it actually WORKS? Wash day... goodbye. :lachen:Wait... this might not be so good, actually.
Apple Cider Vinegar...white vinegar may be way too harsh on your hair and scalp.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
African threading is my new favorite way to stretch my hair! No tangles, locks in moisture just as well as baggying--and best of all, no more ssk's. I just wish I could wear it as a style. I know that some people do, but I haven't found one that I find wearable that doesn't require the ability to part straight.
How long does it take for your hair to dry when you do this?

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Hi @Sharpened :wave:

You recently purchased the mane choice crystal orchid biotin gel right? How are you liking it? I like it a lot so far, it smells really good and has good hold.
The scent is medicinal to me, not bad, tolerable. The hold, softer than Eco Styler, but firm, meaning I cannot break the gel cast. It works better on not-so-wet hair. I still need to play around with the amounts, though.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I have been reversing my DC and cleansing. I rinse my hair thoroughly and then apply my DC. I steam for no more than 15 minutes and then cover and either use my hothead or my heat cap for about 45 minutes or so. I detangle and twist and then rinse and shampoo focusing on my scalp and letting the hair get the run off. I'm not breaking lot of hair and mostly what I see are long shed hairs when I detangle. Styling after this is a breeze and it seems to take less time when I do it this way. My hair seems to love this.

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
Apple Cider Vinegar...white vinegar may be way too harsh on your hair and scalp.

Really? I've been using the white vinegar and its led to a much more moisturized scalp. Also, I've heard acv leaves a scent. And I only use it on my scalp, not my hair. Any kind of vinegar would close my already vacuum sealed cuticles even more *shivers*

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Sticking to my plan of transitioning instead of just cutting off my relaxed ends is looking to be much harder than I thought. I just finished washing my hair and my new growth was looking like :2inlove: while my relaxed ends are looking like :(. I can't seem to stop them from tangling and I'm only a few months in. This is going to be a long road.

Also, I just found a new conditioner that I like, Queen Helene cholesterol. Made my hair feel great, but why is that stuff so thick?

mayoo

Oooh! Which idols?

They aren't very popular since they just debuted and are from a small company. they mostly promote in Japan as well (which is where I live right now). They are called Zetta

In other news though, I saw Shinee two days ago!!! I was like full creeper mode lol
We were just supposed to go to their apartment and watch them get in the car and go home.

When we got there and we were the only fans there I knew that something was off lol

Turns out it was their 'secret' apartment and the only reason we knew where they were was because the lady who was driving us had a friend that lived in the same block and had seen Key one day by chance. lol

We saw them all and I died. I literally am still dead now lol