• ForumRunner_20150319_214405.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150319_214405.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 53
  • ForumRunner_20150319_214424.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150319_214424.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 53

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had a hair nightmare. I went to a salon and a white woman blew my hair out and then trimmed my ends. She cut it to shoulder length. I was so sad. Thank goodness it was just a dream.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
SuchaLady. Thank you so kindly! I'm pretty sure that lack of protein was one of the causes. It doesn't help that I've been a bit stressed, my diet hasn't been the best, and I've been having trouble waking up because my sleep doesn't feel restful.

ItsMeLilLucky

SuchaLady. Thank you so kindly! I'm pretty sure that lack of protein was one of the causes. It doesn't help that I've been a bit stressed, my diet hasn't been the best, and I've been having trouble waking up because my sleep doesn't feel restful.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Ladies, if you do not have a filter on your shower head (or wherever you wash your hair) do consider getting one. I have been working to moisturize and therefore define my natural curl pattern since June 2014. I became frustrated w/my stubborn crown which felt more wiry than anything else. After someone mentioned a bad hair and skin experience when traveling due to hard water in the area, I purchased a shower head/filter for my home. With the first wash my crown came alive! It became super soft like the rest of my hair, and this week I have seen an increase in curl definition all over. A co-worker noticed as well :yep:

Lilmama1011

Ladies, if you do not have a filter on your shower head (or wherever you wash your hair) do consider getting one. I have been working to moisturize and therefore define my natural curl pattern since June 2014. I became frustrated w/my stubborn crown which felt more wiry than anything else. After someone mentioned a bad hair and skin experience when traveling due to hard water in the area, I purchased a shower head/filter for my home. With the first wash my crown came alive! It became super soft like the rest of my hair, and this week I have seen an increase in curl definition all over. A co-worker noticed as well :yep:
nothidden I have to remember to do that. I always forget

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I pulled my hair into a high bun for the first time in awhile, and was shocked at the size of my forehead. I would get bangs, but they are hell to grow out. Decisions, Decisions...

Lilmama1011

Just took my test. We learning about anatomy and electricity. What does that have to do with hair. I know we use electricity and actually people but wth! I'm not here to be an electrician or a doctor. I have got A's on all my tests so far though. ..... I think I passed that though

Last edited:

Harina

This happened about three weeks ago but I'm almost certain this hairstylist slipped some sort of chemical in my hair. My hair texture is different. When I went to my loc consultations after the fact, both stylists asked me if I had blown out my hair before hand. They did assure me it was not damaged so that's why I don't think it's heat damaged. It's just my hair texture is much looser. It's still spongy but less so. My hair is naturally very kinky and wooly but now it has a lot less shrinkage and I don't really like it like that. It's like the slightest manipulation of it will get it to straighten out but not relaxer straight just like I blew out my hair completely. It's really weird. It's not tragic and I still have hair on my head but it's different.

This was the second time going to this lady, the lady who I suspect. I didn't want to go to her again because something was off with her personality the first time but she did do a really really good job with my hair and I was in a bind so I booked an appointment.

She kept going on about how overly curly my hair was and how her hair was not like mine, like her texture was a lot better. Then why is your hair so short and broken off? The 1st time her hair was in a weave and I was a bit surprised to see her real hair. I guess I shouldn't have gone through with the 2nd appointment but it's a lesson learned.

It's either that or heat damage but I rarely put heat on my hair and it was only my fourth time getting my hair pressed in the past year. IDK. A lot of these stylists are such ****.

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

So I had my 6 year old help me moisturize my hair. Surprisingly, he did a good job. I don't know why I didn't think of this at first...

DeepBluSea

I'm at the shop getting my hair did. Lol. This dad is there with his baby girl. The stylist told him she needed a trim. He said no more than an inch and moved over to get a closer look while she cut his daughter's hair. Way to go dad! And baby girls hair is beautiful. Walked in ear length coming out BSL. Shrinkage is crazy.

CodeRed

I'm at the shop getting my hair did. Lol. This dad is there with his baby girl. The stylist told him she needed a trim. He said no more than an inch and moved over to get a closer look while she cut his daughter's hair. Way to go dad! And baby girls hair is beautiful. Walked in ear length coming out BSL. Shrinkage is crazy.

When I asked my daughter's father to take her to the hair dresser it was the same. He had is glasses on and all, standing up a couple of feet away, inspecting every time the lady put the scissors near her hair, asking questions when she was putting heat on it to straighten each piece with the flat iron, asking what she was spraying, telling her not to cut too much off... I walked in and just watched for a minute before they knew I was there. It was cute :lol:

Solila

solia I did not experience more shedding than I usually do when I used it. Do you leave it on your hair? I did not leave it on and don't plan to if I use it again. Perhaps mixing it with oil might help alleviate any dryness and shedding ( olive oil and or Jojoba oil).

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I did a hot oil treatment and then after my regular wash, I applied the Mega tec. I had been using it like a leave-in. It works well, but its the shedding I can't take. I read somewhere that the ladies were taking garlic tablets to prevent shedding.

CluelessJL

Part of me knows I probably shouldn't try lots of new things at once because I won't know which thing(s) actually made a difference...but it's the first time in three weeks that I've had time for a proper wash day and I'm excited to try new products and methods!

ItsMeLilLucky

My poor neglected hair. I call myself stretching, but I'm getting it together lol I just did a hard protein treatment so my hair stopped breaking so much. I'm trying to see if I want to do a light protein treatment before I install these Senegalese Twists.

Attachments

• IMG_20150315_124259.jpg
    IMG_20150315_124259.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20150315_123931.jpg
    IMG_20150315_123931.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20150315_123633.jpg
    IMG_20150315_123633.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 32

Msohio

Hi ladies...so 3 years ago I cut my hair and hated it..so I went into a sew in. Well.. 3 years later in and out of sew ins my hair is thin:(. I am so frustrated.. Can anyone suggest the best way to get my hair back thick and beautiful?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
This happened about three weeks ago but I'm almost certain this hairstylist slipped some sort of chemical in my hair. My hair texture is different. When I went to my loc consultations after the fact, both stylists asked me if I had blown out my hair before hand. They did assure me it was not damaged so that's why I don't think it's heat damaged. It's just my hair texture is much looser. It's still spongy but less so. My hair is naturally very kinky and wooly but now it has a lot less shrinkage and I don't really like it like that. It's like the slightest manipulation of it will get it to straighten out but not relaxer straight just like I blew out my hair completely. It's really weird. It's not tragic and I still have hair on my head but it's different.

This was the second time going to this lady, the lady who I suspect. I didn't want to go to her again because something was off with her personality the first time but she did do a really really good job with my hair and I was in a bind so I booked an appointment.

She kept going on about how overly curly my hair was and how her hair was not like mine, like her texture was a lot better. Then why is your hair so short and broken off? The 1st time her hair was in a weave and I was a bit surprised to see her real hair. I guess I shouldn't have gone through with the 2nd appointment but it's a lesson learned.

It's either that or heat damage but I rarely put heat on my hair and it was only my fourth time getting my hair pressed in the past year. IDK. A lot of these stylists are such ****.
It only takes one time to create heat damage. :ohwell: have you washed it since she pressed it? Did it revert?

This is horrible. So sorry she treated you and your hair badly.

CodeRed

Thinking about trying out corn oil... it's on the ceramide list and higher in ceramides than the rice bran oil I've used, which did a nice job also...

Mmfood

I've been working entirely too much to make my hair a priority right now. My regimen is basically wash, deep condition, twist and wig for the week.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
The struggle reading of ingredient lists on YT is ridiculous. Some of these YouTubers need to stop while they're behind! :ohwell: